Navy Matters, a good source?

Systems Adict

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
i was wondering what everyones opinion of Navy Matters | Home Page is? are they a good site for real news? none of that made up nonsense
From personal experience, I would say that what I've read on Richard Beedall's website cum blog has been correct & specifically to the point on most of his subject matter for the last 5 or 6 years.

The downside is that once you start reading the info, it paints a very dark, almost pointless life or future for the UK forces, specifically the RN.

I know that the website has also been on something of a sabbatical for the last 18 months, as if to give credence to the old adage “No news is good news".

However, I know that would be unfair on the owner & keeper of the information, as i'm of a mind that he did state why the website had went into a form of hibernation, but I'm not 100% certain of my facts at this time, so don't wish to offend. We need individuals like Richard, who tirelessly produce such information, & collate it into almost an encyclopaedia.

I appreciate that there are literally 100's of Naval information websites out there on the web, but only a few really tell the whole story, while others just "copy, cut, paste" from other sources & news feeds.

This website & all the information in it have been extremely helpful over the last 5 years for me, but I'd also recommend looking at other sources.

Here are some I regularly review....

Information Dissemination
Naval Technology
Grand Logistics
CDR Salamander
RAND Corporation Provides Objective Research Services and Public Policy Analysis

They are quiet diverse on their subject matter, although most have detailed info on maritime activity & associated events across the planet.

I hope that some are of use to you....

SA

Last edited:

SASWanabe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
wow, thanks. i had just been reading through one of the 'editorials' and saw a couple claims i thought were a little unrealistic.

ill go check out those sites, thanks for the help