My idea's to upgrade the Dutch military.

Beatmaster

True....
The Netherlands can use some systems and upgrades but with the current economy will the dutch be able to do this?
I mean iam dutch myself and the Netherlands are not poor they have enough money but economical its in a bad shape.
They are skinning the army like a bear for its fur to get the costs down, so on what time scale are we talking if the dutch would grant the army a list like many have posted here?
Because it will cost millions of euros and the upkeep will be mutch higher than now, and at this point we are struggeling to maintain what we have.
So what would be better? buying new stuff to meet demand?
Or make sure that the present stuff is the top of their game?
Because getting the present stuff in tiptop shape will also ensure more effectivity and proffesionality, and these 2 Bonus aspects are equally important than meeting demand right?

IPA35

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Trowing away your warfare capabilities to preserve the peacekeeping capabilities is not the way to do it, IMO.

But I'm a supporter of an increase in budget (that's actually quite low).
Maybe some etra money in the first few years for purchases.
And some thing would inprove the economy, especcialy if you can license build things yourselfs.

IPA35

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the ew ships, is our native built Sigma class corvette a better alternative for the OPV's?
We could standardise its weapons with the LCF's.