Music Thread

mysterious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Red aRRow said:
mysterious I think he was laughing on the fact that the guy said "I am also a fan ON Avril Lavigne." :lol
Ahan. Boy, he's got a sharp eye for mistakes. In that case I agree, it does sound quite hillarious! ;)

quicksilver

wow never saw that, stupid me. I found another band Green Day songs that i like: American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Warning...

mysterious

srirangan said:
::: Cooked Up Manufactured Music that sounds okay :::
Creed
Linkin Park (selective)
U2
Red Hot Chilli Peppers (selective)
Cooked up? Manufactured? What do you mean by that? The way I connect with that word is that all music is cooked up and manufactured cuz I dont see (or have ever heard) any artist waking up one fine morning and suddenly jotting down a whole song (lyrics) on paper with the associated music that will go well with it. A song comes in to being after much editing with inputs from different band members or even the record label that the artist is with.

Anywayz, I find songs by Dr. Dre, Outkast, Luda Chris, Nelly, Usher interesting as well. :cool:

srirangan

Banned Member
First "manufactured music" is not a term invented by me. Have you heard any of the above mentioned artists live? If you have you will notice a significant difference frm their recordings and live performances. That is because their songs were crap anyway, but the geeks at the recording studio were smart enough to mix and match the audio in their iMac's so that the final product sounded good.

A song comes in to being after much editing with inputs from different band members or even the record label that the artist is with.
Input from fellow band members is never in doubt. But these days 90% of thesongs released are cooked up digitally, that my friend, is looked down upon in classic music circles.

Let me give you an example, go to an Eagles concert compare what you here with the originals. Now goto a Linkin Park concert, and compare that with the original track. You'll see a glaring difference.

armage

Green Day and Weezer are the best!!!
I have 900 mb worth of Led Zepplin songs and I still don't think I heard them all yet

rajupaki

My ranking for music will Be:

Rock:
1) U2 (no 1 rock Band currently in world)
2) kiss
3) junoon (paksitani band)
4) EP ( '' )
5) Aaroh & noori ( '' )

POP:
1) BSB(back street boys)
3) Cristina
4 ) briteny

SOFT MUSIC
1) M2M
;)

TRK

My favorite:

Indi Pop: Rabbi, Sukhbir, Euphoria, Anaida.

Rock: Metallica, Indus Creed

English Pop/Rap: Madonna, Eminem

And the artist/s who suck are:- Junoon, Adnan Sami and Strings.

rajupaki

TRK said:
Well TRK you might have your own taste of music but i dont agree with your this statement.

Tell me on single band comparable to junoon's music(i.e sufi rock) in whole Asia. Adnan sami is also the best in his category of Music(i.e classical) and as far as Strings is concern i hope that you would not be surprise to know that the Title Song of film SPIDER MAN is sung by strings.

mysterious

srirangan said:
Let me give you an example, go to an Eagles concert compare what you here with the originals. Now goto a Linkin Park concert, and compare that with the original track. You'll see a glaring difference.
Thats the problem, you havent been to an Linkin Park or Eagles concert, have you? You watch stuff on MTV and thats all you have to make up your mind. Almost all of LP's songs are sung similarly as they are there on the CD album. The time of 80s rock bands is pretty much OVER. The music world never remains the same as change is a must. Its about time people moved on.

mysterious

TRK said:
Mod edit: Red aRRow: That is TRK's personal opinion. Please don't attack him for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

P.A.F

I like Bally Sagoo's remixes. most of u haven't heard of him anyway. i also like nusrat fateh ali, drum and bass and dance.

srirangan

Banned Member
Almost all of LP's songs are sung similarly as they are there on the CD album.
Ofcourse they're sung similarly; but they don't sound the same!! Classic rock never dies, LP is nothing but a talentless derivation of 70's rock.

Last edited by a moderator:

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Pakistani bands are pretty big these days sirri. U shud check out Jal and Mekaal Hassan. In my opinion there the best 2 pakistani bands. Especially Mekaal hassan which is a superb fusion of the sufi kalaams of Faqir Syed and Western muzik.

srirangan

Banned Member
corsair7772 said:
Pakistani bands are pretty big these days sirri. U shud check out Jal and Mekaal Hassan. In my opinion there the best 2 pakistani bands. Especially Mekaal hassan which is a superb fusion of the sufi kalaams of Faqir Syed and Western muzik.
There's something you should know about me. I hate fusion. :D
I'm into classic rock and metal. Aaaaaaaaaah Jimmy Page.
Singing to the ocean, I can hear the ocean roar..
Sing for free I sing for me, sing the whole night lo - oh- ong.

No seriously after Nirvana, the only good rock band has been Creed, which performed as well live as they did in their recordings. I really don't care about nationality or anything when it comes to music. Some bands are good I agree, but they don't last.

And anybody who says linkin park gets shot. Linkin park is an insult to the rock genre, and to music in general. All their songs, sound the same. Aaah tear my hair out..

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
HELL NO!!! who said anything abt fusion? i mean a blending of music. n im serious. Try Mekaal hassan anytime.

mysterious

srirangan said:
There's something you should know about me. I hate fusion.
I'm sure thats your personal feeling but the following comments really show you have no respect for artists just because you 'personally' dont have the taste for their music.

And anybody who says linkin park gets shot. Linkin park is an insult to the rock genre, and to music in general. All their songs, sound the same. Aaah tear my hair out..
If a band such as LP is an insult to rock genre as you claim on behalf of all rock fans worldwide, I wonder if 'marshians' were responsible for LP's success making their music go three time Platinum. Linkin Park is the 'new' breed of rock music. If you want to live and die with 70s and 80s, thats your personal choice but dont go on claiming things that are as baseless as anything such as saying 'live shows and recordings dont sound same' - ofcourse they do, how many LP concerts have you been to? I never knew LP was having concerts all over India that you got a first hand experience of what its like to listen to 'em live which is 'very' real and identical to recordings otherwise there wouldn't be Mr. Hahn (they're Dj/Mixer) on stage to do the wicked stuff in turning and twisting tunes as he does in the recordings. You like Led Zeppelin and other oldies, fine with us - they are great artists in their own regard - no body, though, goes on insulting them just 'cuz they dont like their songs personally if that is not their taste.

I thought DT had by now imparted much wisdom on mutual respect to its members. So much for my wishful thinking. :coffee

Last edited: