Medical Waivers

JamesChell

Just wanted to ask a quick question pertaining to medical waivers and enlistment with the US Army.

I was diagnosed with Spitzoid Melanoma skin cancer in 2013 on my left upper arm. I’ve had it removed and kept my skin checked up regularly with my dermatologist. I’ve had no reoccurrences. I’ve also never had chemo. Only surgical removal of skin tissue.

Do any of you think will impact my chances of getting into the Infantry? Will I need a waiver or will I just get PDQd?

thanks for your time :)

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Just wanted to ask a quick question pertaining to medical waivers and enlistment with the US Army.

I was diagnosed with Spitzoid Melanoma skin cancer in 2013 on my left upper arm. I’ve had it removed and kept my skin checked up regularly with my dermatologist. I’ve had no reoccurrences. I’ve also never had chemo. Only surgical removal of skin tissue.

Do any of you think will impact my chances of getting into the Infantry? Will I need a waiver or will I just get PDQd?

This is an international forum, not a US centric one so I would suggest that you contact your recruiting office for further details. They should be your first port of call for inormation such as this. We may have posters who may help but, most of our posters are non US. Good luck.

StobieWan

Super Moderator
Staff member

Medical Conditions That Can Keep You From Joining the Military

Might help - best discuss with your recruiter frankly and openly