Looking for a podcast/internet radio show co-host(s)

Hello,

As school comes to an end, I am thinking of my summer plans. One idea that I would like to pursue is creating either a podcast or internet radio talk show. The show's content would relate to defense issues and international affairs. Example topics would involve China's rising navy, counterinsurgency, South Korea-North Korea relations, missile defense, etc (the goal of my show isn't discussing specific weapons systems in depth). I want to provide a strong and intelligent analysis, but do not want the show's material to be so specific and narrow so that my audience isn't small. I do not want the show to be far left or far right. Each show would last for 30-60 minutes. As the show grows, we would try to bring guests onto the show.

I was curious if anybody in the DefenceTalk community would be interested in joining me. I am looking for 1-2 co-host(s). I am looking for people that are informed on international affairs and would enjoy discussing some of the issues I mentioned above. Conversing about defense issues does require a constant attentiveness to current events. The time commitment would consist of 30-60 min for the show, and possibly 30-100 min for planning very week (I'm sure that the planning could be done through email). We would use Skype so you won't have to worry about a telephone bill. There would be no payment, and I will try to take care of the expenses.

If you are interested, that is great. Just send an email to [email protected] briefly discussing why you want to host, and if you have the time to work on this project. Also, if possible, please link any blogs, articles, or even forum posts on defense issues so I can observe your prior thoughts and analysis. Feel free to include anything else that you think I should know.

Last edited: