Looking for 3d models of current Australian Naval Craft

nigela

I hope somebody can help me,
I am a 3D graphic designer and I have been asked by a client to create some graphics depicting contemporary Australian Naval assets.
I have a Collins Class sub and a wedge tail surveilance aircraft already but I am having real trouble finding any models of other craft used by the Australian navy. I have been around the web and collected pictures of many of the craft in service and others currently being built, however, I will be here until next year modelling these items from scratch.
Does anybody have or know of a source where I can find models such as a Hobart Class or Canberra Class?
I am looking foer pretty much anything I can find at this point.
Thanks to any one who can help.
Nigel Allen

Kilo 2-3

This might be helpful to you. One of our users here made quite an amazing 3D Armidale model a while back.

As far as finding other models go. There's quite a few photos, graphics, etc. on the internet that might be helpful to get you headed in the right direction. Keep in mind the Hobarts are based on a Spanish design, so you might want to look for info on the F100s as well.

What other ships are you modelling? How accurate do you need the models to be?

mankyle

I would recomend visiting this webpage

www dot jasonslipways dot com

It's the webpage of a Vehicle Simulator modding site. It's held by Jason Simpson and has a lot of RAN ship models.

Currently it has a couple good models from:
HMAS Camberra
HMAS kanimbla
HMAS ANZAC
HMAS Westralia
HMAS Success
HMAS Fremantle
HMAS Sheean
HMAS Perth with the ASMD upgrade
HMAS Brunei
HMAS Yarra
And the new LCM1-Es that the RAN is buying for the new LHD.

Even if you can't get permission to use his models (he's a very understanding dude, I got permission to use a couple of models some months ago) take a look at "vehicle simulator".
It's a very complete simulator even if the graphics are not at the actual level.

StoresBasher

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Yes Jason is a very talented 3D designer, has done many 'official' models.
His RAN models are highly realistic and painstakingly constructed in most cases.

He is also a super nice fella and my brother in law :)

BCT

Does anybody have or know of a source where I can find models such as a Hobart Class or Canberra Class?
I am looking foer pretty much anything I can find at this point.
Thanks to any one who can help.
Nigel Allen
Suggest you see Modelwarshipsuk.com and there Australian section of modellers who ahve an extensive collection and would probably be willing to allow you to scan them
Regards BCT