Introduction and question re. neck tattoos in the military

YesSir46

Hi all, I'm Adam from Houston and I plan to get into either the USMC or the Army in the next 2 years.

Currently I have 2 small but visible tattoos on the back of my neck (on each side). According to this Marine Corps Tattoo Policy in 2022 (USMC Regulations) the Marines don't accept any neck tattoos at all. Could anyone on this forum confirm this is indeed the case? I mean, in the very worst case I can get them removed but I'd much rather prefer to keep (and add to them lol).

Thanks!!

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi all, I'm Adam from Houston and I plan to get into either the USMC or the Army in the next 2 years.

Currently I have 2 small but visible tattoos on the back of my neck (on each side). According to this Marine Corps Tattoo Policy in 2022 (USMC Regulations) the Marines don't accept any neck tattoos at all. Could anyone on this forum confirm this is indeed the case? I mean, in the very worst case I can get them removed but I'd much rather prefer to keep (and add to them lol).

Thanks!!
G'day Adam,

This is an international defence forum and not US specific. Such questions best be directed towards US military recruiters. Different countries militaries have different rules regarding tattoos, grooming etc.