Integrated Air Defence Systems (IADS)

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks good. Maybe split off 2 Tunguskas from each battery, to form two additional batteries of 4, to protect sites H and I? The systems could remain cold, and be used to take out incoming missiles, and even bombs.
Sites H and I are both within the Emerald City centre. As such, not the best places to have combat vehicles...

LOS for both radar/optics and fields of fire would be restricted by buildings and aerial wiring. If anything was assigned to defend either site, it would be either manpads and/or ZSU-23-2 or similar.

The idea behind the current formation is that S-300 systems should be capable of providing for most long-ranged detection and engagement, prior to something being able to close to launch against the Emerald City. The Tunguskas attached to the S-300 units are there to provide additional defence of the S-300 units and their radar systems in the event someone attempts SEAD/DEAD-type missions.

The Buks located within the valley where the Emerald City is, are positioned to (attempt) engage any leakers past the S-300 and Tunguskas. By the time a strike package makes it past one, the package would already be entering an area protected by another Buk.

-Cheers

mk25

Russia also has some kind of electronic equipment ( I forgot its name) that send out decoy signals to confuse/fool incoming anti-radiation or cruise missiles. A few of those equipment to protect anti-aircraft missile systems would also be needed.

Humming Drone

What is Turaqistan's reserve? Or do you want all the assets to be deployed outright?

Also, considering the ticket price for this kit, it is surprising Turaqistan didn't buy any decoys, etc. which would be very cheap (comparably) and could buy them some time in a shooting match or siphon off some pressure off the real units.

CheefCoach

Russia also has some kind of electronic equipment ( I forgot its name) that send out decoy signals to confuse/fool incoming anti-radiation or cruise missiles. A few of those equipment to protect anti-aircraft missile systems would also be needed.
It called Gazetchik-E (or 34Ya6E) and it is usually hoked up with Gamma DE radar, so as soon it detect Anti radar missile, it shot down radar it defend and start to popping up decoys as crazy.
It is highly unlikely to have surveillance radar in every S 300 battalion (that is option it can be done in war time if you want independent battalion). Surveillance radar goes to regiment level (which consist of 2-6 battalions, but generally you need at least 3 or 4 of them). Regiment also have command unit, Baikal (73N6ME) (you must have it), already mentioned 64N6 or 96L6E Lira and 76N6 or “Kasta-2E2” (39N6E), Gazetichik ofc, and “Nebo-SVU” (1L119) radar which job is to detect stealth planes. But Russian SAM don't have fixed formation, radars are plugged in based on mission and customers desire. 64N6 or 96L6E and Baikal (73N6ME) are enough to system work properly, other radars are there to fill up blanks (like low flying or stelth targets).
Battalion have 30N6-1 FCS radar and 4-12 TEL (each with 4 missiles). It can aim 6 targets at once with 2 missiles on each (so planes can't outmaneuver both). Russian using 8 TELs, Chinese 6 TELs, and every customer can buy as much TELs as he want. But it seems that with each TEL goes 24 missiles, and each cost 1M $, so most customer buy 4 or 6 TELs. My guess is that radar cost around 20 M $.
And S 300V have completely different formation:D.