Indonesian Aero News

Ananda

The Bunker Group
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmmm..quite sensitive information (although its almost unreadable), even the amount of missiles are written in this report.
Its also telling that the four UAVs ordered by our government are not originated from the Philippines ..... which is not a surprise!

But also the order of the 22 Black Fox IFV is interesting, this order isnt reallly exposed in local media. Maybe because its very close to what Pindad can produce....
But its also confusing, because other source says that Indonesia has ordered 22 K21 IFVs..
Yes, I don't know why. In my computer, I manage to copy the large clear page, however try to attach in my post here, got reduce significantly.

SIPRI is not always 100% accurate, since it take their data from publish international transactions/contract, which not all turn out to be the same. However compared to local media, personally I trust their data more.

Like the UAV, it's the contract says from KITAL in Philipines. TNI do not made any procurement from Israel..It's forbidden :D

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Indonesia wants 16 more Su-30MK2s over the next 5 years.

Indonesia’s Air Force Adds More Flankers
Lenta.ru:

This would double their Flanker fleet, and while it's not 160 (like some sources earlier claimed) it's certainly a fairly major step forward. But what really makes me wonder is the absence of an upgrade variant or program for the Su-30MK2 series. They're not a new plane. Both the Su-30MKI and Su-35S are far more capable, and the Super Sukhoi upgrade will give the MKIs AESA. Indonesia isn't the only operator for the Su-30MK2. Other major customers include Vietnam, China and Venezuela. This would mean that there is quite a market for upgrading them further.

Sandhi Yudha

Like the UAV, it's the contract says from KITAL in Philipines. TNI do not made any procurement from Israel..It's forbidden :D
Funny huh...Still denying you buy things from that country "No, its from the Philipinnes!"
"Our Galils?....No...bought from tokobagus.com!" "CIUS!...." :goodbad

Something else.
Maybe a repost....
Indonesian Pilot Trained with T-50
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybJoVvCcRQs"]Indonesian Pilot Trained with T-50 - YouTube[/nomedia]

mAIOR

Indonesia wants 16 more Su-30MK2s over the next 5 years.

Indonesia’s Air Force Adds More Flankers
Lenta.ru:

This would double their Flanker fleet, and while it's not 160 (like some sources earlier claimed) it's certainly a fairly major step forward. But what really makes me wonder is the absence of an upgrade variant or program for the Su-30MK2 series. They're not a new plane. Both the Su-30MKI and Su-35S are far more capable, and the Super Sukhoi upgrade will give the MKIs AESA. Indonesia isn't the only operator for the Su-30MK2. Other major customers include Vietnam, China and Venezuela. This would mean that there is quite a market for upgrading them further.
Isn't the VVS acquiring a new upgraded Su-30 MKK as well? Regarding the sale, what's the difference in cost between an MK2 and an MKI (both buying and maintenance)? This could well be a simple cost issue.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't the VVS acquiring a new upgraded Su-30 MKK as well? Regarding the sale, what's the difference in cost between an MK2 and an MKI (both buying and maintenance)? This could well be a simple cost issue.
I'm not sure what the cost difference is, but the VVS is not buying Su-30MK2 derivatives in any significant numbers. They bought 4 Su-30M2s, as a way of helping out the factory. That's about it. They're going for the Su-30SM, which is the domestic equivalent of the MKI.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Got this picture from local forum. Seems the Indonesian Navy first CN-235 based MPA already entering flight testing, or still ground testing ? Well, the main thing, the project still moving on schedulle.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
More pictures on Indonesian Navy CN-235 MPA on flight test in DI (from angkasa readers community). Indications show the Thalles will supply avionics and sensors.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Quite a while have not up dating this thread. Few pictures got it from different sites being posted by someone with id Audrey. Point is, this is some brochures from local company in Surabaya called Infoglobal that being contracted to upgrade some of TNI Hawk 200/100 and F-5.

This actually already come out from the latest Indodefence. Besides upgrading the Avionics, they also provide system for integrating Military and Civilian radars, thus enable TNI on getting wider coverage range. The solutions that I believe as stop gap until TNI can get full implementations of 32 military radars throughout Indonesia from current 20.

The company claim all the system are their own design.

Vegan-Zombie

Whatever happened to changing the F-5's to either the Su-35, JF-17, or the Gripen? Are the new F-16's supposed to replace them? I fear that keeping the F-5's are going to become a logistical and economical burden rather than buying new stock...

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Whatever happened to changing the F-5's to either the Su-35, JF-17, or the Gripen? Are the new F-16's supposed to replace them? I fear that keeping the F-5's are going to become a logistical and economical burden rather than buying new stock...

If anything it's more likely that additional refurbished airframes of F-16 C/D block 25/30 will be procured. Depends on the result of upgrade program of 10 existing F-16 OCU and 24 ex USAF F-16 block 25. If the mordenisation and upgrade program can provide those refurbished airframes with up to 6000 hrs and performance 'close' to block 50 (as plan), then additional refurbished program can be in order.

I have stated on previous posts, TNI plan to field 10 combat sq frm current 7. With on going program will only provide 1 sq of Flankers, 1sq of Tucano, 1sq of FA-50, 2 sq of F-16 and 2 sq of Hawk 109/209, the continuations of F-5 sq can be considered to increase the sq's to 8 thus will left 2 sq to bridge.

ROK will have talk for supporting current F-5 sq with additional airframes and spare parts. This part of 'sweetener deal' on FA-50 procurement. In the mean time the talkof SU-35, JF-17, Grippen is no more than 'academic' interest from TNI, and wishing list from much of local forumers.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
From local forum. The Indonesian Navy ( TNI-AL) first CN-235 MPA. A project that have been delayed for almost a decade.
(Photo Credit to Andon).

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Another picture from ARC website on TNI-AL CN-235 MPA. Not many disclose information whether with this winglet modifications, all later CN-235 production from DI will use this, or also if further profuction on CN-295 (DI version of C-295) will also use this mofifications.

Second photo got from local forum, which being indicated by the local forumers taken from TNI-AU UAV facility. Seems those are new UAV that TNI got from KITAL in Philippines ;)

Supadio AB UAV squadron in Pontianak supposedly will use those KITAL UAV together with locally build PUNA UAV Wulung (third picture, also got from local forum). This localy design UAV off course can not be compared to the UAV from Philippines KITAL, however seems Mindef want to put them in operations to allow local designers chances on operating their UAV design allongside with Mature UAV like the KITAL's one.

Last edited:

Vegan-Zombie

Suuuuree, KITAL... anyway, they'd probably ought to paint it gray, I seriously hate the clown colors we have on our aircraft... :D

How are the Wulungs in operation? are they as any good as the Isra- I mean "Philippine" made UAV's?

Ananda

The Bunker Group
I just follow the official line. Officialy those UAV are produce by KITAL with Israel technology. TNI officialy can procured any equipment with Israel technology, as long as not procured from Israel.

Anyway for PUNA Wulung, this domestic UAV off course is not on par with that KITAL UAV. From what I can gather there are some conflicting info on the performance. In one media, an official from Tecnological Development and Research Agency (BPPT), as the one that developed it indicated that the UAV has 200 km range with max altitude 12,000 feet with up to 60 kg weight capacity. The other info indicated that it can operated non stop for 4 hours and have cruising speed up to 69 knots, but with range only 70 km. However the difference in range I believe due to limitations on present remote guidance that have only +/- 70 km range.

That's why BPPT now team up with DI and state owned electronic company LEN, on further developing the PUNA UAV with emphasis on weight capacity, range, and improving electronics and remote range operational capabilities.

In sense it is still need further development, however Mindef already gave green light so further development based on colaborative effort from local Industries can be achievable with Mindef funding support.

Off course it's still far from what KITAL UAV can do.

Sempat Keberatan dan Gagal Terbang, Kini Siap Terima Order - Kaltim Post Online

BPPT

Ananda

The Bunker Group
PARIS: Indonesia gears up for T-50

TNI-AU will start receiving the KAI T-50 LIFT from September this year. According local forum the composition actually will be 12 T-50 and 4 TA-50. However all T-50 has been wired to be upgrade to TA-50 on short time.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Thats indeed confusing, some sources say 16 TA-50s... that will also be more logic than buying a 12 T-50/4 TA-50 combination.
Indeed. I put that, since 50:50 what circulating in local forum turn out to be the real thing. Thus it can be right that the 16 T-50 will be partial TA-50 and T-50. However it can also be all TA-50. Even if the local forum right, it does not mean those T-50 that are not yet TA-50 can't be converted to TA-50, since they already wired for that configuration.

Sandhi Yudha

Indeed. I put that, since 50:50 what circulating in local forum turn out to be the real thing. Thus it can be right that the 16 T-50 will be partial TA-50 and T-50. However it can also be all TA-50. Even if the local forum right, it does not mean those T-50 that are not yet TA-50 can't be converted to TA-50, since they already wired for that configuration.
Lets wait and see it when these Golden Eagles are delivered in September.

Question, according to Wiki, TNI-AU has received the MAA-1 Piranha together with the A-29/EMB-314 Super Tucano, is that true?