Indonesia: 'green water navy'

Ananda

The Bunker Group
understand that PSP means sone kind of procurement budget, but what does "PSP" standing for?
PSP stand for 'Penetapan Status Penggunaan'. I put the link for MoF sites that more or less explain it:

In simple term, this's the stage in budgetary cycle where 'finance' people already create the post where the money will be used for.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

They have oxygen generators to produce oxygen as part of their disaster relief function. It's understandable considering they have medical facilities comparable to regional class hospital.

My understanding those facilities are mobile, thus can be transferable. KRI Semarang supposedly only as temporary hospital ships. Not like KRI dr Soeharso and the other two dedicated Hospital ships that now still in building stage with PAL. supposedly there will be one hospital ship for each TNI-AL 3 fleets.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

From Tempo online (which seems taking the photos from Lundin Instagram), shown preparation from Lundin/North Sea Boats yard on launching of KRI Golok. This's the second 'stealthly' Trimaran Fast Patrol Boats, after the first one KRI Klewang burn down few years ago.

The prolong replacement program with second boats being talk due to reposition of priority within TNI-AL procurement and Lundin Yard development for better composite materials sourcing.

I'm still up to this moment, don't really understand what will be this type of boat positioning in overall TNI-AL surface fleet. Is this for OPV range, Fast Missile Boats, Special operation, or simply prototype projects.

Sandhi Yudha

From Tempo online (which seems taking the photos from Lundin Instagram), shown preparation from Lundin/North Sea Boats yard on launching of KRI Golok. This's the second 'stealthly' Trimaran Fast Patrol Boats, after the first one KRI Klewang burn down few years ago.

The prolong replacement program with second boats being talk due to reposition of priority within TNI-AL procurement and Lundin Yard development for better composite materials sourcing.

I'm still up to this moment, don't really understand what will be this type of boat positioning in overall TNI-AL surface fleet. Is this for OPV range, Fast Missile Boats, Special operation, or simply prototype projects.
At last we see some progress, more or less.
The name of the first (burned one) was KRI Klewang 625, which is quite logic, as some kind of follow up of KRI Keris 624. But why they changed it suddenly to "688" isnt very clear to me.

Starting with a 6XX means it is classified as a fast missile boat (or at least it must have other guided weapons like torpedoes), but from which i understand Ericsson/Saab has pull back as a participant in this project, so probably there will be no guided weapons at all, maybe not even a Bofors 40 mm Mk.4 gun as originally planned. Also the performance like speed and range/endurance isn't clear yet.

We just have to wait and see how this will develop, but i am not surprised if this stay a single vessel class, a 63 meter long FFBNW-patrol boat armed only with assault rifles.

Last edited:

Ananda

The Bunker Group

This blog and several other media already put KRI Golok launch ceremony today. Put the link for this blog, seems this one told that the Armament and sensors will still used SAAB ones. This despite SAAB pull back from official back up from the project.

Well this Blog has not immune from making too soon claim. So let's see what's happened. For one thing putting RBS 15 SSM, has been rumours before. I have to see it, as so far TNI-AL shown inclination toward MBDA missiles.

Add: seems the link to that particular blog, being hold out, perhaps they want to make modifications ? Thus I put another media link also, from East Java publications.

Last edited:

Sandhi Yudha

This blog and several other media already put KRI Golok launch ceremony today. Put the link for this blog, seems this one told that the Armament and sensors will still used SAAB ones. This despite SAAB pull back from official back up from the project.

Well this Blog has not immune from making too soon claim. So let's see what's happened. For one thing putting RBS 15 SSM, has been rumours before. I have to see it, as so far TNI-AL shown inclination toward MBDA missiles.

Add: seems the link to that particular blog, being hold out, perhaps they want to make modifications ? Thus I put another media link also, from East Java publications.

"dan tidak terdeteksi radar."
So, this is the only naval vessel in the world which is totally 100% undetectable for radar systems... :-D

Anyway, the first videos about the KRI Golok 688 start to appear on the internet, but 99% of those videos are fanboyish trash made of old pictures from KRI Klewang 625, photos from 688 posted some days ago, or even video shots from the Independence class.

Edit 1.
Worthless video removed, here a better one.

Edit 2.
Some more photos.

Last edited:

Ananda

The Bunker Group
first videos about the KRI Golok 688 start to appear on the internet, but 99% of those videos are fanboyish trash made of old pictures from KRI Klewang 625, photos from 688 posted some days ago, or even video shots from the Independence class.
Carefull on looking and sorting local defense related video. Google and You tube algorithm will match with kind of local 'alay' video with title: ' "Mengerikan Amerika dn Cina bergetar terbirit birit atas kapal penghancur anti radar Indonesia" (Frightening, America and China will tremble and run away facing Indonesia anti radar destroyer).

For me, the frightening thing is there are hundreds or more 'like' on that kind of 'idiot' local defense video. Just keep me "trembling" thinking of the quality of educations from some of our local milenials. That's the result of online educations toward some of our 'alay' milenials generations.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Even big media like Kompas from time to time, get into the level of those 'Alay' YouTubers. Making tittle of ' World Most Advance Stealth Vessels'? Don't know where that claim for, seems some kind of advertisement from either the producer or some 'hype' young communication officer in the Navy PR. If those SAAB weapons and systems got install, it will have potential become a 'decent' fast missile boat, but certainly not the most advance on global level.

Anyway I put this, as this's put information that if Navy satisfied with this boat, then they will order 6 more. Seems this boat become the trial ones, and whatever the results, will back down to the design of the next 6 which I presume will be the real operational batch.

Arji

Any information on the configuration of the vessel? where the missile is, guns, electronics, and engines?

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Any information on the configuration of the vessel? where the missile is, guns, electronics, and engines?
The links from Airspace-review blog that I put on my first post on this boat, claim on RBS15 SSM, Bofors 40mm multipurpose gun, and basically SAAB electronic sensors suit. However this is basically the weapon and electronics packages that SAAB put on their sites, before they officially pull back from the project.

Thus this's only that blog claim,and so far no official claim from SAAB whether they'll be back on board this project.

As configuration/placement on the weapon, I believe it will be the same with previous Klewang.

Sandhi Yudha

Thats the point.
1. Totally unarmed, without any naval sensors or combat management systems. In posts #1805 and #1811 its already shared that Saab/Ericsson doesn't participate anymore in this project. For now there are no plans to install those systems.
2. Detailed technical information about engines or other systems installed are not released yet. Probably only a simple civilian navigation radar is installed.
3. Also other information/data are not released to the press. Things like behaviour in bad weather, weight and balance, center of gravity, speed, range, endurance, internal space are important to determine how many and what kind of systems can be installed on this trimaran.

Some other news.
The KRI Pollux 935 'hydrographic vessel' has been added to the fleet. It is unknown what kind of equipment is installed, but it has at least a 30 mm gun, so with a max speed of 27 kts, this boat is also suitable for patrols.
It looks like a Oto Melara Marlin 30 mm gun wit an additional sensor, but i am not 100% sure, the gun is only short from a distance visible, and only for a part with people surrounding it and blocking the view.

Last edited:

hauritz

There seems to be frustratingly little information on the FREMM frigates. In fact the only announcement I have heard so for is from Fincantieri which I find a little odd. Usually politicians cant get in front of a camera fast enough when it comes to announcing big ticket projects like this.

Arji

There seems to be frustratingly little information on the FREMM frigates. In fact the only announcement I have heard so for is from Fincantieri which I find a little odd. Usually politicians cant get in front of a camera fast enough when it comes to announcing big ticket projects like this.
I think in Indonesia that's a good thing.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Usually politicians cant get in front of a camera fast enough when it comes to announcing big ticket projects like this.
Under normal condition yes it is. Under current COVID condition, it can be considered insensitive toward National problem. Good thing is eventough it is coming from Leonardo announcement, and no confirmation from Indonesian official MinDef. However they also not denied that.

So far MinDef site only put announcement that they are working with PAL for preparing production of two Iver based Frigates. This the way I see it make FREMM will make secondary priority. In sense as the Iver based Frigates preliminary contract already signed last year (while development of FREMM just make public last month). Thus there's probable they (MinDef and PAL) will officially put anything on FREMM with Leonardo after they progressing first with this Iver based Frigates.

So like Arji put, no official announcement can also be good thing. Especially because there's also no official denials. Still PAL already talk in social Media sites, they will announce something on their next naval ships program before end of this year. Let's see on that.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
FB_IMG_1629611301955.jpg

FB page of PAL. Shown the situation of it's main dock. This dock potentially that will be used for any construction of Frigates size vessels.

Currently the dock still occupied with constructions of second dedicated Hospital ship. The first Hospital ship already launch and now in final fitting. This hospital ships still maintain the configuration of Makasar class LPD that it's based, but without well dock.

So before any large size Frigates construction can begin, they have to clear out that Second hospital ship first. This is seems in line with PAL official communication, that their next large naval surface ships will be announce before the end the year at fastest.

Sandhi Yudha

View attachment 48439

FB page of PAL. Shown the situation of it's main dock. This dock potentially that will be used for any construction of Frigates size vessels.

Currently the dock still occupied with constructions of second dedicated Hospital ship. The first Hospital ship already launch and now in final fitting. This hospital ships still maintain the configuration of Makasar class LPD that it's based, but without well dock.

So before any large size Frigates construction can begin, they have to clear out that Second hospital ship first. This is seems in line with PAL official communication, that their next large naval surface ships will be announce before the end the year at fastest.
Thank you for sharing.
I dont know the length of the BMPP, but if its one of those three ordered Kloaka 60 or 30 MW Dual Fuel Barge Mounted Power Plant (BMPP), the length should be around 72 meter long.

Looking to the photo posted by PAL, the main dock should be large enough for a ship close to 200 meters long, sadly if PAL has only one dock of that size, it makes it impossible to handle multiple vessel projects like Iver Huitfeldt and FREMM in an efficient way.

Edit:
IDX Channel gave some total wrong information, PAL corrected this in this article.:

But PAL also explained this:
| "Pada kesempatan yang sama, CEO PT PAL Indonesia (Persero) Bapak Kaharuddin Djenod optimis dengan peluncuran Transformasi Industri Maritim 4.0, PT PAL Indonesia (Persero) akan mampu meningkatkan kemampuan produksi dari yang awalnya hanya dapat launching 1 kapal kelas fregat dalam 1 tahun menjadi 3 kapal kelas fregat dalam 1 tahun secara pararel." |

So it seems they really want to upgrade the shipyard and improve the procedures to increase efficiency.

Last edited:

Ananda

The Bunker Group
it seems they really want to upgrade the shipyard and improve the procedures to increase efficiency.
Looking to the photo posted by PAL, the main dock should be large enough for a ship close to 200 meters long, sadly if PAL has only one dock of that size.
I have put the diagram of PAL facilities on my post #1765. The main Dock in photo before is Semarang Dock, and they have another dock in slightly shorter one call Irian Dock. However if not mistaken Semarang Dock have better heavy cranes.

The Naval Ship division also have their own enclose facilities. They in theory can build the modules in enclosed facilities, and then assemble in Semarang Dock. So just you put, the key is now how to improve the working process.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Kris FB shown copy of PP (Government Policy) that sign by President for Capital Injection for PAL toward Submarine Facilities. This's in line with previous announcement on Capital Injection on this year plan.

The amount similar with the plan amount for 2nd stage of Submarine Facilities that PAL already submitted. Thus shown this's still part of their previous Submarine development project plan.

Building different spec in any manufacturing process, provide different calculation assessment. As this's seems still in line with their already submitted plan, all indication shown the manufacturing facilities that being prepared still for DSME 209. Different Submarine either from Naval Group or TKMS required different calculation on Investment.

Sandhi Yudha

No it's not three subs at the same moment, not event two. It's still one Submarine at the time. They just doing in progressively. Just like when they are building PKR. They're doing it one vessel at the time, however when one vessels already finish one stage and moving to next stage, they are using facilities of previous stage for another vessel.

It's just regular manufacturing process. However it's not doing two vessels at the time (pararel time) just like some Enthusiasts claim.
Well....

|"CEO PT PAL Indonesia (Persero) Dr. Kaharuddin Djenod M.Eng saat menyambut kunjungan Wakil Menteri Pertahanan (Wamenhan) Muhammad Herindra M.Sc ke PT PAL Indonesia (Persero) pada 12 Agustus 2021, mengatakan “Fasilitas hanggar kapal selam yang dimiliki PT PAL Indonesia (Persero) memiliki kapasitas produksi kapal selam secara bersamaan sebanyak 4 kapal selam jenis scorpene (atau sejenis) dan 2 kapal selam jenis midget berukuran 30 meter”. "|

Thats even more than what they are telling in the overview of post #1777...

Some nice shots from inside the cockpit of KRI Golok 688.

Last edited: