Indian Military Aviation; News, Updates & Discussions

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Timeline now 2029 for first induction of Tejas Mk2 to IAF. Now Tejas Mk2 being slot to be replacement basically to all Fighter in IAF inventory asside Su-30MKI and Rafale. Means replacement for Jaguar, Mig 29 and Mirage 2000.

Somehow I got feeling that they will get more Rafale as part of their MRFA to supplement this Tejas Mk2. Tejas Mk1 now slot not only replacing Mig 21 but also Mig 27. I don't have enough confidence that this Tejas Mk2 will be fully inducted on schedule, if we look on the progress of Tejas Mk1. So potentially more Rafale, and I just don't see potential of that F-16V which LM offer as F-21. While AMCA most likely come close to 2040 (at best). Tejas Mk2 already push further close to 2030, just don't see any scenario they can introduce that AMCA before close to 2040.

Some Indian in their forums can bragging that their Aero Industry can be equivalent to Chinese ones in production and productivity. So far, their programs progress, shown they're still far from that. They already make better performance in productivity speed, but still far from Chinese Aero Industry.

Last edited: