Indian Defence Budget

rlevay

Does anyone know (it must be soon) when the new Indian defence budget is released? I need it to finish this report for work.

Anyone interested in discussing how well they think India's military spending plans are going to go is most welcome too!

Personally, I'm quite sceptical about wastage/inflation eroding what is actually spent on procurement. I think India will be quite reluctant to lift the strict FDI limits on defence investments much further as well

alexkvaskov

Personally, I'm quite sceptical about wastage/inflation eroding what is actually spent on procurement. I think India will be quite reluctant to lift the strict FDI limits on defence investments much further as well
Well Russia is currently India's primary weapons sources, but they're cooperating with various other nations, such as the US for transport planes and Israel for UAVs (not sure on this one).

IMHO any progress against corruption in the Indian Armed Forces will take its cue from the success or failure of the current anti corruption campaign underway in the Indian government.

dragonfire

Does anyone know (it must be soon) when the new Indian defence budget is released? I need it to finish this report for work.

Anyone interested in discussing how well they think India's military spending plans are going to go is most welcome too!

Well the National Budget is getting release in a short while. Traditionally the Indian Defence Budget is less than 3% of the national GDP and is between 30 to 40 Billion USD. A different Budgetary allocation is maintained for some of the larger modernization programs.

jamwal

India needs to hike it's current budget outlay to atleast 4% to counter China. Only god knows how much they are actually spending