How would PAF deal with the possible threat from indian Su-30mki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Pendekar said:
i guess they'll be opfor during red flag, plus german MIGs
The German migs were signed over to the Polish Air Force last year for the princely sum of 1 euro.

Thus the only Mig29's left for access now are the Polish ones and the USAF ones, and AFAIK they (USAF Mig 29's) have become tarmac queens as they are no longer seen as usefull. They've had them for over 6-7 years.

ajay_ijn

SABRE said:
On the other hand whats the record of Mirage2000? MiG-29? Su-30MKI?
Thats simple.
Combat Record comes when an Aircraft involves in conflict.
Every Country is not like US to participate in large scale in every decade.
So their weapons are not tested.
The combat record of Mig-29 is not good,agreed.
but at what scenarios they were,how were pliots ,how was the opposition,what were force multipliers,what were the tactics,what were the weapon subsystems,how was the maintainence etc many more.
If u discuss all these issues in depth and prove that they were all excellent or on par with USAF then u can prove that the Mig-29 is not a good fighter.

If u want to see the true potential of Russian Fighters,then a All out war with Russia will show that their fighters might perform in the way they were expected to be.

SABRE said:
Abt F-16s n AWACs....we dint have AWACs when we got them, we still dnt (atleast not right now, deal is going on with Swedes). We still shot down Russian & Afghan AirCrafts. Israel was also one of the 1st two put F-16 in action & I dnt believe they used any AWACs 1st time on F-16. Only USA & NATO I believe have been using AWACs with F-16s.
Thats what,combat record of F-16s which did not have AWACS,Force Multipliers is much less.
If F-16 is having such a good combat,Don't think its just due to F-16 Fighter or the pliot in it.
Even the Disadvantages of F-16 is very minimal becoz USAF use them so well.
I really don't know what are the limitations of F-16.
Actually are there any?
Every country cannot use F-16 like IAF or USAF.

AWACS,Force Multipliers,Opposition,Tactics,Pliots,Training,Maintainence,Sub Systems,Tankers,type of missions,Weapons,Network,Sensors etc list might not end.

Only All these Factors Make F-16 or any other fighter to peform well.
Air Combat is just not a Fighter fighting with the other.

SABRE said:
As far as I know Su-30 with out AWACs can fall into deep trouble. Now we all know that Su-30 is not an inferior AC. But its not that superior either. Its not invinceble. Besides it has ZERO combat experiance.
deep trouble??
Can u explain me a bit more,what do u mean by deep trouble??
Do u mean MKI can be in danger without AWACS Support.

Su-30MKI itself can act as an Early warning Aircraft and can transfer the target coordinates to any 4 other fighters,its Radar is the most powerful russian one.
Its Avionics provides very good situational awaraness to the pliot.
Its also having an reward facing radar which NO12 enables pilot to fire R-73 missile without getting a lock on enemy aircraft which is behind it.

Su-30 is not an inferior AC. But its not that superior either
Inferior to what?
Superior to what?

Besides it has ZERO combat experiance.
ofcourse any weapon will not have any experience untill it is used in combat.
For MKI to have combat experience,we will have to wait for indefinite period of time,may be years or even decades.

P.A.F

you guys are making such a big discussion/deal out of this Su-30 Vs F-16 which can go on for ever and ever. we would only know which is better once they come to meet eachother. they are 2 completely different aircraft e.g. size, speed, payload, weapons etc...
F-16 combat records can't prove nothing against the other if the other aircraft doesn't have a combat record.

SU 30MKI

pshamim said:
The US and Lockheed Martin do not consider shooting down of Turkish F-16 by Greeks as a kill. The F-16 was unarmed, not in the battle mode, and never expected any attack. It was a deliberate and cowardly act by the Greeks. To say that it counts as a "kill" indicates a lack of knowledge of the subject matter by certain members, and I will request that they do a research before posting such statements, and refrain from knee jerk reaction.
It is highly impossible that F16 is unarmed and also the Escotte plane also unarmed and they are petrolling the border during high tension.

In Every conflict, F16 is armed with avanoics and system which is latest, againt inferior outdated plane.

You are fighting the Latest F16 block 50/52 against 3 decades old MIG 29 planes.

Even in senario , latest MIG 29M, can shot down F16A easily becasue the advantage it possasses.

PAF shot down bombers planes which can only fire bullets....aganst A2A frying plane. ;)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
SU 30MKI said:
It is highly impossible that F16 is unarmed and also the Escotte plane also unarmed and they are petrolling the border during high tension.
Sorry, AFAIK you're wrong - the F-16 was on a training mission and it was not loaded - It would be wise to have a look at the accident reports which have been independantly scrutinised.

jani

migs are not very high manuvarabilty plane one shot from a close range make them histroy specially foxhound it has speed it has higher altitude if pakistani any plane can come close to it and fire a bvr missile it will be gone so pakistan just dont have to be worry just invest in jxx bellieve me this plane will serve pakistan airforce for more than 30 years with its speed accuracy stealth to strike deep in indian teriotaryy i dont think so any indian radar can dettect because chinese are making it more stealthy than f 22 raptor and bellieve me it will take hell out of indian pilots and planes like of su 30 migs and even if india get f 35 jsf or f 18 hornet they cannot match the accuracy and speed of jxx so keep watching your back

Last edited by a moderator:

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
jani said:
migs are not very high manuvarabilty plane one shot from a close range make them histroy specially foxhound it has speed it has higher altitude if pakistani any plane can come close to it and fire a bvr missile it will be gone so pakistan just dont have to be worry just invest in jxx bellieve me this plane will serve pakistan airforce for more than 30 years with its speed accuracy stealth to strike deep in indian teriotaryy i dont think so any indian radar can dettect because chinese are making it more stealthy than f 22 raptor and bellieve me it will take hell out of indian pilots and planes like of su 30 migs and even if india get f 35 jsf or f 18 hornet they cannot match the accuracy and speed of jxx so keep watching your back
Mate welcome to DT you are new here but you are angry about the Chineese.China can make things but they always remain one step back first the west develops and then the Chineese get hand over it i agree that China's economy is flurishing and side by side its tech is also getting better the J-XX can be better but i am unable to get any information about that there are simple things given there that it is stealthy.The development and production of JF-17 was a joint venture but if one dosent invite or other dosent show intrest in something that it cant go further . If there will be other facts available to the PAF officials then they can decide whether to invest or not and how much benifits it can give to us and how much time it can serve.So dont get always worried about China.
Good luck

mysterious

Taking this thread back to its track, I would suggest a combination of F-16s Bl. 52 and the frontline fighter that the PAF is to go for. F-16s could take the risks while that frontline fighter could play safe and use its tech edge to claim air superiority while providing handy support to F-16s against worthy opponents.

Salman78

whats BL 52's ?

With new F16 block 50's and JF-17's. IAF's air superiority would be pretty much neutralized. Add ERIEYE & 2 diff types of BVR missiles that would come along with the above mentioned fighters, It would be more then just even since PAF does not carry any aggressive designs against IAF. IAF would need more then their current qualitative(in technical terms) edge to bring about any demise of PAF in any future conflict. History with its 2 wars have proven they were unable to.

So no point in getting excited over the impressive indian fleet. 5 more years without any conflict and we would be standing even for the next decade atleast.

highsea

Salman78 said:
whats BL 52's ?
Salman, the Block 50/52 is the current production version F-16. The designation denotes the engine used- Block 50's use the GE F110-129 engine and block 52's uses the PW F100-229.

ajay_ijn

Salman78 said:
whats BL 52's ?

With new F16 block 50's and JF-17's. IAF's air superiority would be pretty much neutralized. Add ERIEYE & 2 diff types of BVR missiles that would come along with the above mentioned fighters, It would be more then just even since PAF does not carry any aggressive designs against IAF. IAF would need more then their current qualitative(in technical terms) edge to bring about any demise of PAF in any future conflict. History with its 2 wars have proven they were unable to.
So no point in getting excited over the impressive indian fleet. 5 more years without any conflict and we would be standing even for the next decade atleast.
With new F16 block 50's and JF-17's. IAF's air superiority would be pretty much neutralized. Add ERIEYE & 2 diff types of BVR missiles that would come along with the above mentioned fighters, It would be more then just even since PAF does not carry any aggressive designs against IAF.
TI don't think this thread is about IAFs Air Superiority.

IAF would need more then their current qualitative(in technical terms) edge to bring about any demise of PAF in any future conflict. History with its 2 wars have proven they were unable to.
I don't think comments on history about IAF is that important,no body knows exactly as to who performed better during the history.
IAF would need more then their current qualitative(in technical terms) edge to bring about any demise of PAF in any future conflict
Can u suggest what kind to more qualitative edge they are not having over PAF.

ArjunMK1

Currently PAF has got just nothing to stop Indian Su30s.

PAF F16s will be picked up by the superior radars of Su30 even before the F16 fighter gets the knoledge of the Sus . Then one or two BVR missile shots and end of F16.

rafale_2k5

Currently Yes PAFs got nothing but If the deal with systems PAF has asked for materializes than the odds wont be all that in IAFs favour n in a defensive scenario PAF shall be able to tackle em head on Provided force multipliers like AWACs n Command n Control Systems are inducted its only than that PAF may be able to hold em on, n if another 4th gen fighter like M2K-9 or J-10 is procured than it definitely provide the much needed punch to bolster the defensive capability!!!!
But all this is based on ifs n buts until PAF really acquires something meaningful!!!! till than odds r heavily in favour of IAF !!!!!!

pradeepsingh

Banned Member
my answer to the subject question is simply build huge fleet of jf-17's along the lines of 200, get any f-16's available and get those gripens. i personally think that gripen would shit on the su-30 MKI. but thats my view.
if not gripen then rafale. i can't see any other option.
Gripen & JF-17 Cant shit on SU30 MKI.
U guys dont know about the EW Suit of Su30's. They are crafted with the worlds best technology. except su30's big RADAR signature , PAF cant beet/ shit on Su30.

But when PAF RADAR's will see that su30's are approching & they will scamble all their possible best interceptor jets. SU30 Will really rape them with its BVR missiles.

& While falling down PAF jets will shit on their Own ground RADAR's. Lol :)
:haha

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
U guys dont know about the EW Suit of Su30's. They are crafted with the worlds best technology. except su30's big RADAR signature , PAF cant beet/ shit on Su30.

But when PAF RADAR's will see that su30's are approching & they will scamble all their possible best interceptor jets. SU30 Will really rape them with its BVR missiles.

I feel compelled to point out that "... will really rape them with its BVR missiles" or pretty much taking amusement from PAF pilots being shot down which ". . will shit on their Own ground RADAR's. Lol :) :haha" is generally frowned upon.

This is a place of serious defence discussion, not a fan-boy outlet.

the road runner

Su-30MKI are not some form of wonder weapon that are impossible to be shot down.As for being made "with the worlds best technology" you cannot be serious with a quote like that?

You should realise that doctrine ,pilot training and strike packages play a major part of any air force capability.Its not just about a certain plane.Your post is rather offensive and lacks understanding

Edit: your quick Bonza!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Closed just in case some attempt is made to come back under another nic

Thanks all for exercising some restraint :)

Status
Not open for further replies.