Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Paid to write for DefenceTalk.com

Discussion in 'Site Updates & Announcements' started by WebMaster, Apr 15, 2006.

Share This Page

1. WebMaster

WebMaster Administrator Staff Member

Well... in our effort to give the Weapons DB and World Military Info sections another push. We are going to launch get paid to write program on DefenceTalk.com.

Any ideas or suggestions? Anybody interested?

Similar program coming for those who will upload pictures to the gallery and want to get paid...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
  2. aaaditya

aaaditya New Member

in the fifth paragraph when you say (size .colour,aggresiveness),what exactly do you mean by the aggresiveness.

3. Big-E

Big-E Banned Member

I would be happy to write some but they would be naval articles only. Do you want capabilities of weapon systems included?

4. WebMaster

aggresiveness, meaning how technical or detailed an article needs to be.

Big-E, anything would do. If you can write (on your own or through research and put it in your words) and want to be paid through google adsense (revenue sharing) this is a good chance.

For now, weapon system related articles only. I am sure many people would be interested if they knew they can get a google adsense account easily and can start earning money right away.

5. aaaditya

aaaditya New Member

would strategy analysis and comparisons of armed forces also do?

6. WebMaster

Well, you can write about your country's armed forces which would be publishd here:
    http://www.defencetalk.com/world_military/

Any other form of force comparison should be well written and unbiased and should strictly consider the ground realities rather than nationalistic perception.

7. KAPITAIN

KAPITAIN New Member

I could gladly write and supply pictures of russian naval vessels thier purpose weapons and what not.

Some of my special pictures could come into play here, some that only a few privledged enough to see ;)

Pm me if there is anything you woul like me to do.

8. wittmanace

wittmanace Member

sounds like something id be intertested in. i have a few questions though...

what time period is this open to? (all post world war two, post korea,etc?)
    is it for anything in use today, or is there a list of items or a list of countries whose use means that items are open for an article?
    would you be interested in pictures and articles on more obscure nations' weapons systems and local mods?

sounds interesting,
    wittmanace

9. WebMaster

Hi Wittmanace,

Thanks for the interest. As long as it is defence/military related, it is a go. If some section is not there, we will create it to accomodate whatever you are interested in.

Enjoy

10. heso10

heso10 New Member

ok i would like to participate in this but there are some questions if my write was checked and you foun it has some wrong grammer or spelling would it be turned down or you will correct the wrong and puplish it
    and do i write in the primary url http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/

and thanks

11. WebMaster

It would be checked and corrected. Only reason I would turn it down would be when it was copied from somewhere and had too many factual errors and didn't follow the format as required above.

12. Gollevainen

Gollevainen the corporal Verified Defense Pro

As usual, I'm eager to go for the task, although I know it may end up against my own benefit...But who cares. I can write quite good article about Finnish indegenious artillery programs, exspecially about the 155K98 and perhaps something about the soviet D-30.

But this AD thing is bit weird to me, what it exactly is? In comon speach/bad english? How much i can benefit from it? Is the ammount of money enough to compensate the effort of getting this Ad thing?

I can always write the thing and you can send money to me some otherways?:rolleyes: ...or to be solidare anbd write it without any other benefit than just nice little egoboost...;)

13. WebMaster

Well, it won't be much but you can earn few bucks depending on the popularity and how many different people click on the ads. It is a 50% share between your adsense ID and DefenceTalk. So, 50% of the ads displayed would be for your AD sense id and you get the money for it. Say, 100 see the article, and 50 click on the ads out of that 50, 25 clicks would be recorded under your adsense account and whatever you make from that is yours. If its $1000 so be it, if it is $10.00 then that is your luck. :D

You can certainly write about Finish Military and its weapons.

14. DoC_FouALieR

DoC_FouALieR New Member

hmm.. I have not fully understand how this works, and how can I register to a google "Ad-account"?
    Please give me links... because I'm interested in writing some articles on French weapons systems.
    And what about articles that are not on weapons but rather on weapon technlogy? (for example guidance technology, propulsion methods for guided weapons, etc etc..)

15. WebMaster

You can write about that as well. Anything that relates to Military and defense and provides technical details about certain weapon system or its components.

https://www.google.com/adsense

We are sorting some issues with this system before publishing anything so that it works out smooth. ;)

16. Burner

Burner New Member

Same question as heso10: what do I write in the "Website URL" case on the application page on Google AdSense? I understand I must enter an address. Do I type http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/?:type

I could write some articles on the Romanian Armed Forces and some indigenous weapon systems.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  17. WebMaster

I don't understand the question.

This only applies to:
    http://www.defencetalk.com/global_military/

The two sections called Weapons DB and World Armed Forces

We have not implemented revenue sharing for forum or gallery, yet. :D

18. Burner

Burner New Member

19. JBodnar39

JBodnar39 New Member

I am not much for writing articles, however I do maintain what I believe is a very accurate database of naval/military aviation assets which I update on a monthly basis (it is a hobby and is excess of 140 pages). I'd love to submit something like that (especially if I can get a buck or two out of it). If you give me an email address I'll send you a copy for your examination. My email is [email protected]

20. WebMaster