General Aviation Thread

Rob c

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Probably dozens need to be sacked, not just the CEO and a few of his minions.
I remember being required to do a course on Deming and and read Townsend in the late 1980's, by the company I worked for, on their theories on on Business management. Both were advocates that quality and staff motivation had to come first, ahead of the bean counters requirements. I remember Townsend stated, "Never let the bean counters gain control, or progress slows or stops". I put this into practice we I was given control of the production facilities of the branch that I worked for, that the company was closing in 7 months. My instructions were. You now how to keep this plant running, just get us through to the closing date. As the branch manager was taking over another branch and spent 4 days a week there I had a free hand. In that 7 months my team changed a substantial production negative variance into a positive variance of almost 3 times the negative by using these principles. We went from 28th on the companies monthly matrix, to 3rd for the last 3 months, the only what was termed a smaller branch (less than tons an hour) in the top 15 and the top bean counter management didn't want to know how we did it. They did ask but when we started to explain they lost interest, as it did not fit the bean counter model. Due to the cancelation of the supply contracts the closure still went ahead , though I learnt later that heads rolled at board level. I have always taken the Deming approach since then and remembered Townsends caution about bean counters.

Last edited:

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
And the story just continues....
The FAA said it had finished 40 inspections but offered no further update on when the jets might be cleared to fly.

A CNN report suggests the FAA may do a comprehensive review of all QC procedures on all current production jets.

Sandhi Yudha

This looks quite serious, ill search for more information about this flight.

Edit
So shortly after take-off, something was wrong with engine nr.2.

Here more details.

Last edited:

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
This looks quite serious, ill search for more information about this flight.

Edit
So shortly after take-off, something was wrong with engine nr.2.

Here more details.
Need to wait for the investigation but it is reasonable to assume it is some kind of engine problem and not a Boeing QA issue. The 747 has been a stellar success for decades.

ASSAIL

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
First, as I said, if the pilot has been accurately reported as saying he believed he was cleared to enter the runway (and that is why the coastguard plane was on it), the issue of the lighting is irrelevant.
I understood there was a “ground” controller monitoring all movements on the taxiways and there was a handover process to the “approach/departure” controller once approval to “launch” is given.
I think there’s possibly more to be explained other than simply pilot error.
It appears

Sandhi Yudha

The FAA advices Boeing 737-900ER users to also check their aircrafts. This advice is only for the ones with plugs installed in stead of real Mid Emergency Exit Doors.

Cubana de Aviación seems to be the last airliner which use the Il-96.Two of a fleet of three are stored and the last active Ilyushin Il-96-300 in commercial passenger service with Cubana de Aviación returned last month to its home at Jose Marti International Airport in Havana, Cuba on 3 December 2023. The Il-96-300, registered CU-T1250, had spent the last sixteen months in Russia undergoing heavy maintenance.

With all those embargoes it is very likely that more stored Il-96 (in Russia) will return to service.

Last edited:

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Basically FAA says they are going to put inspectors to overseas and monitor Boeing and Supplies chains productions, for foreseable undecided time. Thus they will monitor actively in the factories even after audit.

For me, if regulators saying this way, your standard has go down significantly in their eyes. Boeing lucky the Industry now still control by Duopoly. 10 years from now if they are not regain their QC, they will be perhaps even difficult to maintain #2.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Timing is everything. Could Bombardier have been successful in launching the C-Series along with a larger variant in the current environment? I would like to say “yes” but with Bombardier’s management, perhaps not.

Sandhi Yudha

Here some news articles about two flights which departed from Schiphol (AMS).

The first incident was a Delta Airlines flight to Detroit.
On board this aircraft there was a bag in one of the overhead bins, inside this bag there was a rotting fish with worms. Some of these worms were dropping on top one of the passengers.
The aircraft returned back to Schiphol where the bag was unloaded.

The second incident was caused by an Antillian man who became agressive, disturbed other passengers, made rascistic comments to Dutch passengers and tried to enter the cockpit. The TUI aircraft was on its way to Curaçau.

Last edited:

Ananda

The Bunker Group

COMAC C919 makes its first international debut in Singapore Airshow. I don't know how long if any International Airlines interest, they can get the Airliner. COMAC has to build their capacity first and already got quite substantial domestics order.

Sandhi Yudha

COMAC C919 makes its first international debut in Singapore Airshow. I don't know how long if any International Airlines interest, they can get the Airliner. COMAC has to build their capacity first and already got quite substantial domestics order.
I expect international airlines will not queuing for the C919, maybe eventually only some customers from some third world countries, china's closest allies/vassal states and countries with a china-fanboy minister like a certain country.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Don't forget, ARJ-21 come to Indonesia basically because Chinese Financial Company simply buy the shares and become majority owners of the operator Airline. They can do quite "flexible" strategies to get foot hold in the market. Besides with problem on Boeing, don't discount some potential in Asian Market choose alternatives. China seems aiming on Asian Market first, as it is closer, and easier to build service supply chain.

Sandhi Yudha

Don't forget, ARJ-21 come to Indonesia basically because Chinese Financial Company simply buy the shares and become majority owners of the operator Airline. They can do quite "flexible" strategies to get foot hold in the market. Besides with problem on Boeing, don't discount some potential in Asian Market choose alternatives. China seems aiming on Asian Market first, as it is closer, and easier to build service supply chain.
Yes that's true.
But wasn't Transnusa 49% owned by Linkasia Airlines Group Ltd (China Everbright) and 51% by PT Panca Global International Indonesia? Or is PT Panca Global International Indonesia also partly chinese?

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Or is PT Panca Global International Indonesia also partly chinese?
Officially no, but Panca Global basically an Investment company. So rumours in the market they also got money from China. Transnusa is small airline before, now suddenly they got money to operate 30 ARJ21 and 30 A320 Neo ?

Not difficult to deduct where the money coming from. Coincidentally (or not) the A320 that coming to Transnusa also coming from batches manufacture by Airbus facilities in China.

Just Add:

That's Cambodia new airport, build by China, with China money, tech and contractors. If we see Cambodia airline travel domestically and internationaly, it is unjustifiable yet to build Airport on this size.

Thus means "more likely 'Chinese investor work with Cambodian government to use this airport potentially as SEA Hub businesses. Thus we in market suspect this will be follow by Airlines register in Cambodia, but with Chinese investors and who knows using Chinese Airliner.

If they're already try to do that in Indonesia (which not all hospitable and suspicious from some factions on Chinese Investment), imagine what they can do with Cambodia that all friendly to them.

So personally I don't discount yet Chinese abilities to find foot hold internationaly for their manufacture Airliners. Which's why most likely by introducing in Singapore Airshow as Asian Regional leading Airshow, China clearly aim Asia first as the target market. After all Asia also the fastest growing Commercial Airliner market.

Last edited: