General Aviation Thread

Sandhi Yudha

This's for me raise question that China try to bargain with US. Don't get me wrong, it's very understandable that any Civil Aviation Agency globally will scrutinized MAX before giving recertification to operate. However with most of other Agencies shown tendencies to give green lights, CAAC seems dragging on. Saying that they're not satisfied and what being done still not answering the main safety issues.

Related to my previous post on C919, I'm wondering if this not another bargaining chips for CAAC with FAA for fastening the certification process for C919. They know in the end, most of other International Civilian Air Authority still looking for FAA and it's European Counterpart assessment before they're taking their own. China will definitely need FAA help for C919 certification. It's just odd when they're adding more test need to be done for MAX, when other agencies already see the related data concerning recertification of MAX.
"Related to my previous post on C919, I'm wondering if this not another bargaining chips for CAAC with FAA for fastening the certification process for C919."

Yes it is.
Its not only about safety, but also about politics.
Indonesian airlines were for many years on the EASA-blacklist. That Garuda Indonesia was taken off from that list, was not only because of significant improvements, the removal coincidentally happened after Garuda ordered several A332 and A333.
Lion Air Group was only taken off from that list after they signed the biggest contract ever with Airbus (234 aircrafts). That was not a coincidence, Batavia Air was allowed to fly to Europe years before, because they already had the A320/321/333. End no, Batavia Air's aircraft maintenance was NOT better than from Lion Air Group.

Sandhi Yudha

Nice post, We are offering Phoenix Cleaning services in Christchurch like COVID-19 Cleans, Holiday home Cleans, Commercial/Office cleans, and more.
Bilalzee permanently banned for spamming.
Welcome to Defencetalk.
I am not a moderator, but i suggest you to read the rules first.
Your post looks ALMOST like an advertisement and it is a little bit out of topic. This thread is about General Aviation btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Airbus and Dasault seems have manage to find compromised on their difference (at least in principal). Thus their next Gen Euro Fighters program with Spain going to move along.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

Airbus and Dasault seems have manage to find compromised on their difference (at least in principal). Thus their next Gen Euro Fighters program with Spain going to move along.
How long before there's a big falling out?

Ananda

The Bunker Group
How long before there's a big falling out?
Honestly looking at the amount of budget they are planning of Euro 50-80 bio, I got sense they don't have choice but working together. This especially for Frenchie, don't think they have choice like before to go alone leaving Eurofighter and develop their own Rafale.

French need to swallow their ego, cause I do see they're realizing that they can't afford to build it alone. On this matter, it's also interesting if UK can work it out with only one Partner (Sweden) in developing Tempest.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Honestly looking at the amount of budget they are planning of Euro 50-80 bio, I got sense they don't have choice but working together. This especially for Frenchie, don't think they have choice like before to go alone leaving Eurofighter and develop their own Rafale.

French need to swallow their ego, cause I do see they're realizing that they can't afford to build it alone. On this matter, it's also interesting if UK can work it out with only one Partner (Sweden) in developing Tempest.
According to this link, Italy will also have some involvement with Tempest.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
I forgot that news. Seems both next Gen Euro Fighters projects already got 3 Partner each. Seems 3 is the magic numbers. Considering the capabilities of Aero Industry Industry in Euro and Economics development, those 6 represent Euro nation's that have capabilities on providing necessary capacities in Fighters partnership.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
I forgot that news. Seems both next Gen Euro Fighters projects already got 3 Partner each. Seems 3 is the magic numbers. Considering the capabilities of Aero Industry Industry in Euro and Economics development, those 6 represent Euro nation's that have capabilities on providing necessary capacities in Fighters partnership.
Will be good news for other fast jet operators if both Tempest and FCAS work out. The mid 2030s will be very interesting wrt fast jets (worldwide).

Sandhi Yudha

Terrorist group Boko Haram has released a video of a fighter jet exploding mid-air and claimed that they have shot down Nigerian Air Force fighter jet.

But until now the released video looks more like a bad-edited propaganda video full of incorrectness.

So although the Nigerian Airforce indeed lost an Alphajet light attack aircraft on 31 march, the fabricated video tries to suggest that it was shot down by Boko Haram.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Emirates going to switch more to A350 and 787, while seems will reduce commitment to 777X.
We have seen the trend move to more direct non stop route instead Hub model (at most only one stop only in each Airlines main hub).

777X is bit larger than A350 (except the 1000). Thus if mega Airlines like Emirates that usually operate A380 and 777, switch to smaller wide body, the move shown how the market business model changing. Not only in long range thin routes (with A321LR/XLR), but also to larger routes.

The COVID situation seems potentially also change some customers behavior to find more direct flight and reducing lay over time.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group

Emirates going to switch more to A350 and 787, while seems will reduce commitment to 777X.
We have seen the trend move to more direct non stop route instead Hub model (at most only one stop only in each Airlines main hub).

777X is bit larger than A350 (except the 1000). Thus if mega Airlines like Emirates that usually operate A380 and 777, switch to smaller wide body, the move shown how the market business model changing. The COVID situation seems potentially also change some customers behavior to find more direct flight and reducing lay over time.
Smaller wide body aircraft will likely be a consequence of COVID. Boeing needs a cargo version of the 777X sooner rather than later as the passenger version numbers planned for won’t happen.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
COVID definitely play part. However I also see with many secondary cities improving their Airport plus more traffic from there, just like the trend that give rise to A321LR/XLR also reducing the need for A380/777.

Garuda Group is an example of Airlines trend when they see the market after COVID. They're planning future on A330Neo and 787-9 with single aisle slowly going to move from 737NG and A320 toward A321 and 737-10. At least that's their informal plan during presentation to Investors and Banks. It's informal cause they still want to see overall condition late this year and early next year. However changes on more direct routes seems there.

It's not just 777X market pie that can taken by 787, but I also sense A350 will have some the pie taken by A330Neo.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Yes, point to point with smaller jets was a trend pre-COVID. The A321XLR is going to be the beneficiary for post-COVID commercial aviation along with the smaller wide bodies. More pressure on Boeing for developing a new 757 alternative.

Sandhi Yudha

Im glad that Garuda and Lion Air do not operate the 737 MAX yet...such a headache aeroplane.

Here a more detailed explanation about the problem.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
A shame this latest issue wasn’t discovered earlier and fixed during the grounding for the other big issue. Then again, lots of resources needed for KC-46 issues and who knows what else. Time for the competent management people to leave Chicago and run things from Seattle.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
However changes on more direct routes seems there.
The article shown what many Airlines Industry already see even before COVID. Point to Point business model already change the market trend from Hub and Spoke model. There's going to be the need for some Hub and Spoke model, but Airlines that relied more on Point to Point will benefit more and can be more flexible on future market.

That's asside the economic cost that drove the end of A380 and 747i. This also why many Airlines preference on longer range mid size wide bodies over 777X or A350-1000. Those large twin bodies no matter their new tech make it more economical, being projected having less demand then previously projected then both Boeing and Airbus think.

People prefer direct routes as much as possible to reduce time in big Hub.

Last edited:

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
The article shown what many Airlines Industry already see even before COVID. Point to Point business model already change the market trend from Hub and Spoke model. There's going to be the need for some Hub and Spoke model, but Airlines that relied more on Point to Point will benefit more and can be more flexible on future market.

That's asside the economic cost that drove the end of A380 and 747i. This also why many Airlines preference on longer range mid size wide bodies over 777X or A350-1000. Those large twin bodies no matter their new tech make it more economical, being projected having less demand then previously projected then both Boeing and Airbus think.

People prefer direct routes as much as possible to reduce time in big Hub.
Yes, point to point is what most business travellers have always preferred but the troubling issue for airlines is is whether businesses will zoom this profitable market away. The tourist travellers want the same but are they willing to pay the extra cost?

Ananda

The Bunker Group
The tourist travellers want the same but are they willing to pay the extra cost?
That's why the increase market segment for longer range narrow body like A321 Neo/LR/XLR even 737-10 coming. Using narrow body for thinner routes will cover the costs. Flying more than 5 hrs in narrow body is less comfortable experience then in wide body, but that's why many budget Airlines choose it. It will reduce cost and still make it acceptable for most budget tourists.