Future Military Contracts Worldwide

swerve

Super Moderator
RAF has already chosen the Hawk 128 and will enter into service in 2008 as a replacement for some of the current Hawk TMk1s. This platform will be efficient to train new pilots of 4th generation aircrafts (such as Typhoon and in the future, JSF)
Yes, but it doesn't replace the Tucanos. That's a separate requirement, unless they'll be going straight to Hawk 128 from the Grob Tutor & Slingsby Firefly, which seems a bit too much of a jump. :D

swerve

Super Moderator
is their any news about the new basic trainer to replace the tocano in RAF servise.
the PC9 should be in with a good chance especaly after it one in singapor
The RAF isn't seeking direct replacements on a type by type basis. It's currently considering bids for an integrated flight training system (UKMFTS). Bidders were expected to propose a complete training system, including revised syllabus. I presume all the proposals will need to include a Tucano replacement, as I can't imagine anyone going straight from 150-200 mph ab initio trainers to Hawk 128s, but exactly how it is replaced depends on which bid is accepted.

BTW, I don't think current Hawk 128 orders are enough to completely replace Hawk T.1s, so the new system will have to allow for that.