F-16 Shot down Indian UAV(Israeli Searcher-II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajay_ijn

This is the only PAF F-16 Kill Against indian aircraft.
This is very old news happened in 2002 but i don't think any body posted it.

F-16 shot down an Indian Searcher-II UAV with AIM-9L at an altitude of 13000 ft on the night of june 07 2002 in punjab provice of pakistan
This was also confirmed by Indian Defence Ministry.

http://vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com/other-Parakram-IAF-UAV-Wreckage.html

It is not known how the aircraft flew,in what pattern,how long etc.
India does not want to reveal any details about it.

The PAF Aircheif said that the Aircraft was detected mobile observation posts rather than a radar.Thats surprising!!!

Searcher-II has a range of 250km and 14hrs of endurance.
India buyed large number and variety of Israeli UAVs.

mysterious

And your point in opening this thread is? Create a mud-slinging contest over here? Mods, please deal with this. Thnx.

ajay_ijn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And your point in opening this thread is? Create a mud-slinging contest over here? Mods, please deal with this. Thnx
My point is to discuss capabilties of UAVs and also how Aircraft could have been shot down.
Is it clear for u now.

Mud-Slinging??
Hello Mr i justed wanted to post this as anyother news.

Many incidents like this happen like PN Atlantuique etc.
We can't just ignore those incidents and discuss just about "which fighter to aquire,which warship aquire".

Rather than just discussing about what to aquire in future we can also discuss how the force in present is and how it is performing.

Well if Mods think that flame war starts over this topic.
Then they can close this topic.
I will assume that this forum does not contain any broad minded people.

Last edited:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Why was aircraft shot down?

What if it was Pakistani Spy/UAV aircraft over Indian airspace?

And mysterious, stop trying to mod here.

ajay_ijn

Why was aircraft shot down?
Obviously the Searcher-II intruded into pakistan air space.
This was confirmed by indian defence ministry.
Its comepletely normal for India to perform such kind of operations and they expect such losses.
India operates about 100 Israeli UAVs mostly Searcher-II and Herons.
What if it was Pakistani Spy/UAV aircraft over Indian airspace?
No its confirmed,its Indian Searcher-II.
There are even pictures to prove.
http://vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com/pix/OpParakram2002-IAF-UAV-Wreck09.jpg
http://vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com/thumbs/OpParakram2002-IAF-UAV-Wreck06_t.jpg
The wreckage clearly shows that it was Manufactured by Isreali Aircraft Idustries

But the main confusion came becoz Searcher-II did not have any Indian Markings.
Immediately Pakistan thought that its Isrealis who were resposible for this but later India confirmed that it was their aircraft.

At the end of the Day India will be very happy because its a Machine which was destroyed and not man and also the intelligence it provided is more valuable that the machine itself
Thats the advantage of UAV.;)

pakistan govt was very happy for shooting down an Isreali Aircraft.

mysterious

That may not be the only reason for the 'happiness'. If the UAV was not entirely obliterated, then it might've provided some technological insights to the Pakistanis after taking the UAV wreckage to a lab for assessment.

P.S. The link to the pictures that you've posted are not working. No picture available for viewing. :coffee

ajay_ijn

http://vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com/other-Parakram-IAF-UAV-Wreckage.html
just go to this page and at the bottom of the all the pictures are provided.
That may not be the only reason for the 'happiness'. If the UAV was not entirely obliterated, then it might've provided some technological insights to the Pakistanis after taking the UAV wreckage to a lab for assessment.
Yes they can get the basic design of the UAV but detailed info from it is slightly difficult to get because the UAV would be completely damaged.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
We have these aircrafts from 1982-1983 till now i thought they have been doing nothing but we are only spending money on them on their maintainance and on the flight aperations but they are very much required by our PAF if we didnt have them then there might be many of the wars between the two neighbours in which obiously Pak would have been defeated. The PAF's anti aircraft troops are very alert you can see when the two migs were shotdown in the Pak airspaces i dont know why they were flying so close to the ground the pilots didnt even know that they were miles into our teritory then just the shoulder mounted SAM's did their job.
Ajay i want to ask is there any evidence that PAF's planes intruded in indian airspace or any UAV did that.

IF that UAV was shot down by the AIM-9L then the F-16 would be too close to it why the other fighters were not used to know it down we have F-7's and mirages can also do some kind of this jobs

ajay_ijn

The PAF's anti aircraft troops are very alert you can see when the two migs were shotdown in the Pak airspaces i dont know why they were flying so close to the ground the pilots didnt even know that they were miles into our teritory then just the shoulder mounted SAM's did their job
Are u speaking about kargil 1999.
The indian version of this incident is completely different,IAF claims that they were shot down by Militants or pakistan troops who intruded into Kashmir.
MANPADs are not always sucessful against an aircraft,some times they miss or sometimes they hit and sometimes they are misguided by flares.
Number of factors depends like altitude of the aircraft,its ECM,flares etc.
There were many incidents when MANPADs missed their shot against even the helicopters like Mi-17.
If the Enemy uses good tactics then MANPADS kill probability will be very low.

Any ways i don't want to talk more about it as this would start flame wars.

Ajay i want to ask is there any evidence that PAF's planes intruded in indian airspace or any UAV did that.
Just read my my previous posts clearly.
It was Indian UAV which intruded into pakistans punjab provice and it was shot down by a F-16 with an AIM-9L.
IF that UAV was shot down by the AIM-9L then the F-16 would be too close to it why the other fighters were not used to know it down we have F-7's and mirages can also do some kind of this jobs
God knows!!!

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Are u speaking about kargil 1999.
The indian version of this incident is completely different,IAF claims that they were shot down by Militants or pakistan troops who intruded into Kashmir.
MANPADs are not always sucessful against an aircraft,some times they miss or sometimes they hit and sometimes they are misguided by flares.
Number of factors depends like altitude of the aircraft,its ECM,flares etc.
There were many incidents when MANPADs missed their shot against even the helicopters like Mi-17.
If the Enemy uses good tactics then MANPADS kill probability will be very low.

Any ways i don't want to talk more about it as this would start flame wars.
Yeah dear this will start flame wars but i want to say that they are freedom fighter from Kashmir but but no flame wars sorry sorry

Just read my my previous posts clearly.
Dear i wanted to say that do you know about any news that Pakistanis Plane or UAV ever intruded your air space and killed by your fighter aircraft
you are taking it as reverse.

It was Indian UAV which intruded into pakistans punjab provice and it was shot down by a F-16 with an AIM-9L.just reverse it i want to know what i have said in the upper lines

God knows!!!
Possibly the PAF have considered it a serious thread comming into our space thats why a F-16 was needed to knock it down ;)

ajay_ijn

Dear i wanted to say that do you know about any news that Pakistanis Plane or UAV ever intruded your air space and killed by your fighter aircraft
Pakistan Navy PN Atlantique as claimed by Indian Govt intruded into indian air space in Gujarat state and was shot down by R-60 Missile fired from a Mig-21 Bis or Bison(i don't remember exactly).All the 16 people onboard were killed.
http://vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com/other-atlantique-factualAccount.html
Mig-21's warned them that they are in India Air space and were trying to force Atlantique to land in the air base in India (According to the rules).
But Atlantque did not care about them and was trying to return to pakistan then a Mig-21 fired a R-60 Missile to shoot it down.

The plane crashed in pakistan but some part of it also fell in india because it crashed just near the border.

Pakistan Claims that Atlantique was on a traning mission and did not intrude into the indian air space.

Note:What i have written is claimed by either of the Defence Ministries
I did not wtite anything on my own.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
I have also seen the video in which Indians were taking the wakage to their country i dont know how that video was made ok Ajay tell me using common sence that if the plane is on the boader do you have that kind of missile which can split an aircraft into two-three prices one piece all in our teritory miles in our teritory and the other pieces fall into your land miles in think about it were the PAK Navy servicemen involved to short down their own plane in our teritery and put some of the wakage in your area i am talking by using common sence no patratiosm think it

PN Atlantique is not a plane to do fight it dosent have any missiles with it so what was the purpose to knock it down the the link you have posted says that our plane was doing manuvers in your air space LOL it was there to do manuvers only i am feeling sad :( what will these countries do against them in the future

Last edited:

ajay_ijn

kashifshahzad said:
I have also seen the video in which Indians were taking the wakage to their country i dont know how that video was made ok Ajay tell me using common sence that if the plane is on the boader do you have that kind of missile which can split an aircraft into two-three prices one piece all in our teritory miles in our teritory and the other pieces fall into your land miles in think about it were the PAK Navy servicemen involved to short down their own plane in our teritery and put some of the wakage in your area i am talking by using common sence no patratiosm think it
No kash, Mig-21s pliot claims he did shot down Atlantique.But unknown fact is that where did they shoot it down, is it exactly on the border or in indian airspace.
India Ground based radar clearly picked the signal of the aircraft and also tracked it untill it crashed

Ajay tell me using common sence that if the plane is on the boader do you have that kind of missile which can split an aircraft into two-three prices one piece all in our teritory miles in our teritory and the other pieces fall into your land miles in think about it
I am not expert in this
Let us assume the missile had hit the atlantique's Tail or Wing then the broken tail or the wing or some part of aircraft might have fallen in the Indian Border.
Planes can fly atleast for some Kilometers even though their wing or the tail is lost.
Atlatique pilot might have managed to crash it in pakistan.

Thats not the end of everything.
Next Day some 200 Pakistan Military Perosnnel carrying Should Laucnhed SAMs were landed in the area (Crash Site was near Badin) to defend it
and protect the debris so that indians will not try to steal it.

An Indian Mi-17 carrying journalists came near the border to check out the debris that fell on indian side, it was attacked by a Shoulder Launched missile but survived.
An Indian Air Force Mi-17 helicopter carring journalists returns to base after surviving a Pakistani missile attack in the Rann of Kutch near the India-Pakistan border August 11. The helicopter was attacked by a shoulder-fired surface-to-air missile during a mission to show journalists the wreckage of a Pakistani aircraft downed by Indian fighters on August 10.
http://vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com/other-atlantique-gallery.html

An indian website claims that pakistan fired atleast one Shoulder launched missile against two Indian Jets trying to cross their terrority.I don't know if its true but an Indian website claims that.

Pakistani troops take position with LMGs and RPGs close to the site of the wreckage of a downed Pakistani naval patrol plane shot down by Indian jets in Musafir Khana, close to the Indian border, 11 August 1999. Pakistan fired at least one missile at two Indian jets trying to cross into its territory.
http://vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com/other-atlantique-gallery.html

The incident became so serious that on both sides defence forces were put on alert.Both sides were prepared for war.

I try to get more information from other sources.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
I thin, this topic has reached its puberty.

You know what, if someone replies to a thread with OFF TOPIC bs, you don't really have to drag it any further and reply back to the OFF TOPIC bs with off topic bs.

Especially not when your only source is http://vayu-sena. If you are going to discuss india-pak topics, atleast have a neutral source not some website which doesn't even have a valid domain name.

Ajay, you have been warned. Next offense will result in 2 weeks ban!

Kashifshezad has already been banned!

Locking!

Status
Not open for further replies.