ERIEYE for PAF??

adsH

mysterious said:
Yeah thats why I was wondering why the Indian lobbyist was placing 'so much' emphasis on DU ammunition rounds when he must certainly be knowing that Paksitan produces its own. :roll

Anyway, I do have a strong gutt feeling that either Pakistan is going to go for ERIEYE or the Americans are going to give us at least 'two' E-3Cs!!! :smokingc:
they have an oposition if pakistan Buys bullet to defend them selves its Understandable!!
Well Today i have heard pakistan is being-accepted as Nuclear state and Kasuri has said Pakistan will contribute Troops as peacekeepers in Iraq under UN mandate not as occupiers. so that clears something now the US will provide what ever comes to PAK.

mysterious

Well adsh, Pakistan and India keep saying that they are established nuclear states (they sure are) but America just a couple of weeks back said that neither of these two would be recognized as such and they both should disarm! What Kasuri said was just another phrase to assert that Pakistan is a nuclear state no matter if you accept it or not (something which both Pakistan and India re-iterate every now and then to confirm their status as nuclear states). Well about the MNNA status thing, I'm quite sure Pakistan will get pretty much what it wants 'cuz the Americans are certainly not blind (they very well can see the tilting balance in South Asia), except the rather emotional issue of the F-16s which are still a highly debatable issue. I still cant say if we'll get them or not. Our PAF chief has already said that he is 'no longer' considering/counting on F-16s to be given to the PAF by the US and so he is more concentrating on J-10s, Mirage 2000-5/9 and JAS 39 Gripen. For AWACS I've already stated, its either ERIEYE or E-3C, end of story. :smokingc:

adsH

those F-16 have been assigned to Sqaurons Presdient Bush has said it him slef if Pakistna will Get any F-16 they will have to bid for New One!!

I think PAF will try and get Old E3c with upto date systems on board ie upgraded!! that would mean no more Phased aray I think the US still uses the Rotterdam mounted Radar on 737 i think. Or they could try and get the New British/Autralian/US AWAC upgrades.