ERIEYE for PAF??

adsH

Well i can't get technical with u i know i lack sources but i am telling you what i have seen in the past decade which i spent LIVING in Saudi Arabia as a British expatriate. i can tell you something about security services of other gcc countries like Bahrain they have Retired X generals of Pakistan Army and that i have seen Pakistani soldiers and security personal on there airports they have blended quiet nicely into there environment. I can tell you one thing the Saudis needed the USAF to fly there sorties they may have pilots its doesn’t necessarily mean they can fly with the same quality. just being able to fly in combat situations is just not good enough i know ur going to throw the book at me and try to tell me again what you have told me before. but I’l tell you the system that exist there in the Arabian countries those privileged enough to be RSAF(or for that matter anywhere in the government offices) officers happen to be usually kids of the Ultra rich and well connected people. (having a strong source like a friend or someone whos father is well connected or simply being born in a rich or Royal family ) so if you just wan’t the status of a RSAF pilot and are well connected you aren’t cut out to be a pilots you can just ask ur uncle who happens to be well connected. for instance this is from a united states trainer’s account on another form he trained the Iranian air force members for the F-14 in the 70’s he told us that how the Iranian pilots used to bribe there way into the programs and how they repeatedly kept failing the syllabus but because the government at that time was willing to pay they had to sadly keep them into programme. i don't say none of the Arabs could fly and fight but i am saying the level of corruption is just not visible. for instance they could not fight the aggressive Yemeni forces when the Yemen wanted there territory back from the Saudi they had to call in some help from the Pak army to deal with the threat. i have seen what the soldier there get officer who retire have bigg massive houses with state funded farm houses and workers big lump sum cashes as retirement settlements and of course there retirement income. this is the state of the Kingdom (Arabian countries) i am not being offensive but i am merely stating the condition there on the streets. if u ask any USAF pilot that has been there in the Kingdome ie stationed he would tell you how much the RSAF relied on them they had to heavily deputize as RSAF pilots. now what i have seen are active PAF pilots. they may be just trainers(but those people are not just any ordinary pilots some happen to be war heros from the 71 war all active pilots). but to say that "The Saudi's like most other AF have a thing about letting foreigners near there birds" the “thing†is something they can’t afford to have or there precious Air crafts could be expensive paper weights. ok so the Americans flew most of there bird i am sure of that the Saud bin faisal the Foreign minister in an interview replied to a question " do you know how many American aircrafts are on saudi soil !! he paused and replied One" now could you explain me how and why would the USAF have a heavy presence in the kingdom (now gone) and not fly or go any where near the so precious F-15C’s (notice the C model not even the same standard as the USAF’s own F-15e models) they sold the Saudis.
About what you said Pakistanis not being able enough to maintain aircrafts I am sure they are well capable to maintain American aircrafts they have F-16s, which they have been maintaining for the past two-decade even during sanctions and embargos. (I know u can say those are F-16 block 15 they are old but F-15 in the RSAF’s inventory are not particularly new they are downgraded old models(apperntly the US sold a downgraded model) Now about facts the saudi’s are considering Paf Engineers. Saudis never considered or have been considering engineers from PAF its more like they have contracted PAK army engineers to update and repair Saudi Armies vehicles I am sure they are well capable of handling repairs on some vehicles. lol.

Its easy to go and get the all the available information but to see things happen in front of you and what you see first hand is different and all I am doing even tho very controversial since this form has quiet a few pro’s. is that I am just trying to share with you the experience that I have accumulated over the years.

"dSh I am 100% positive that there are no serving PAF pilots on deputation with the RSAF"

Do you work with or are you part of PAF need to know you seem really sure on this, give me the impression that you know about the workings of PAF and RSAF.
thanx would appreciate a reply

mysterious

I really think that Joker is denying an established fact that PAF pilots have flown Saudi jets as well as UAE Mirage 2000-5s! The PAF has a good idea of what its like to operate an E-3 Sentry AWACS as their personnel have all inspected and taken nice tours about that issue and similar stuff like that. Its no hidden fact that Pakistan's military forces (whether Army, Navy or Airforce) have been called to task by many Arab nations simply because their own forces are not competent enough (I being a Pakistani am saying that). So the Arab nations need to seriously do something about the level of training their armed forces get and to root out the corruption!

adsH

mysterious said:
I really think that Joker is denying an established fact that PAF pilots have flown Saudi jets as well as UAE Mirage 2000-5s! The PAF has a good idea of what its like to operate an E-3 Sentry AWACS as their personnel have all inspected and taken nice tours about that issue and similar stuff like that. Its no hidden fact that Pakistan's military forces (whether Army, Navy or Airforce) have been called to task by many Arab nations simply because their own forces are not competent enough (I being a Pakistani am saying that). So the Arab nations need to seriously do something about the level of training their armed forces get and to root out the corruption!
YOu can only train some one so much at the end of it if for example you have a person who does not have a mathamatical mind you can only brush him with a certain amount of facts of maths that would stick in his head. the same in Training to be pilots if ur not hard working and not a person that is physically and metally fit ie can't handle presure and can't think while being fired upon and aren't fit enough to sustain a high G-lock limit (i know u have special suite to pump up blood presure to Pull 9+ G's) then ur just not cut out to be a pilot here in The UK to become a Pilot in the RAAF you need to go through an intensive exam its a 6 hour continous exam that test ur capability to handle presure and mental skills u need a high IQ and a good level of english and math skills ie sharp people that think under presure i personally think we should include minimum G-lock tolerance (like the Germans have ) limit as one of the Entery Req. being extreamly physically and mentally fit is a must i think women tend to have a better Glimit handleing ability then men and i would think they can make better informend decisions while flying under tens conditions. i am sure PAF pilots go through such selection process because if u don't, it dosen't matter how influential u r ur at risk and so is the Multi million dollar so called precious equipment u fly. A well trained experienced pilot is more expensive than the equipment he flys.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
mysterious said:
The Saudi AWAC's are co-crewed by Americans. No access is allowed into the EW/SIG suites by uncleared personnel.

mysterious

So? I dont think American co-crews are so anti-Pakistani that they wont even let official military visitors inside a Sentry!

adsH

gf0012 said:
mysterious said:
The Saudi AWAC's are co-crewed by Americans. No access is allowed into the EW/SIG suites by uncleared personnel.
gf i don't think they are co-crewd any more(they had been in the past may be in the in the gulf war one or when they were bought) they have had them for like two decades i am sure they can now operate there equipment and they aperently only use three out of the 6 Awacs, thats all they realy need.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
mysterious said:
So? I dont think American co-crews are so anti-Pakistani that they wont even let official military visitors inside a Sentry!
Myst, it's not an issue of being anti-pakistani. It's an issue of security. Sometimes it doesn;t matter whether you are an official minister at all - you still don't get to look in some areas.

There are bases in Australia where a minister of the crown has no chance of getting in unless they have the right clearance.

It's basic security. As for the E3's AFAIK, they were co-crewed on some stations as recently as 2000

joker

adSH I am well aware of the level of corruption, nepotism and tribal influence there is affecting the selection procedures in the RSAF. Im not contesting that but the fact of the matter remains that as far as PAF personnel operating RSAF assests are concerned well this has never happened. Lets take the example of F15s... sure PAF personnel may have got a look at the cockpit but that's just about it. In order for a PAF pilot to be able to operate the F15 to its full potential they obviously will be reqyuired to go through a strict training regime. Now where are they going to get that level of training from? The US, Israel, Japan? Do you see the point Im trying to make here. Same goes for the F5s, Tornados and RSAF E3s. Im not contesting that PAF strategists have shared info with their Saudi counterparts on air combat at a strategic and tactical level but apart from the UAE AF (where retired PAF personnel have flown their Mirage III and Vs) there are no PAF pilots currently serving in the RSAF or any other GCC AF.

Then onto the issue of PAF aviation engineers well just because the PAF operates the F16 does not make PAF engineers qualifed to maintain F15s. Two completely different fighters and once again without sufficient training PAF engineers and technicians will not be able to maintain F15s if they dont have the appropriate training.

The PAF was involved in assisting the Saudis with the COIN ops against Yemeni tribes claiming their territorial sovereingty over parts of Asir but the PAF personnel operating out of Khamis Mushayt were Forward Air Controllers and tacticians not pilots.

RSAF E3s have been co crewed with Saudi and American personnel like Gf stated. In a matter of fact the 4 IRIAF Phantoms intercepted by RSAF F15s during GWI were directed to their targets by a such a co crewed E3. Not too sure whether they still are co operated though. But NATO E3s are crewed by multi national personnel as well.

Finally, Im not a member of the PAF nor the RSAF.

adsH

I am not going to argue with you on this topic any further it will only turn this thread bad. the fact that you can't find any sources(ie google) proveing PAF involvment in ARAB AF's does not mean they do not operate there and to the question of PAF pilot haveing a look at the cockpit of an F-15 duhh you can do that in a an Airshow. why would PAF send some of its most brillaint Pilot who happen to be War heros to Saudi Arabia for three years periods to rust there skills and not fly a jet i am sure the PAF pilot i saw use to fly something there and i don't think they were trainers. and i don't think PAF flys F-15 i am sure they would be more involved with the tornado's and to train on tornados you don't need to Come to england Saudi Arabia has one of the biggest training centers for those AC and there engineering system some directly from BAE and some indipendent and Saudi's train other Pilots in this case. about you saying that USAF concerned about PAF pilots they are not concerned even a bit aslong as RSAF keeps purchaseing there equipment and there services in billions of dollar. one more thing you might not even find any proof of this but PAF pilots fly most of the UAE AF. i am sure they have access to Mirage 2000-9 and the now the F-16u that was the reason why US did not wan't to sell f-16u to UAE and then there were delays but i guess @8 billion dollars for just 80 crafts who wouldn't sell them that.

Saudi Arabia has provided free oil and monetery assitance to pakistan over the past decade in exchange all they have ever asked pakistan is for there Armed forces help, further proof is the permanent SSG bitalion which is stationed there in KSA. i don't know why you don't want to see the obvious but you seem like the guy who dos not apreaciate the obvious connections. and now th ISI increased presence and the future PAK army personal comming in to replace the US army Personal.

USAF Flys the Saudi F-15c not PAF i am sure of that.

and to "mysterious " i don't think PAF has ever flown a RSAF AWAC but they may have observed one becasue you need extensive training to fly and operate one.

"RSAF E3s have been co crewed with Saudi and American personnel like Gf stated. In a matter of fact the 4 IRIAF Phantoms intercepted by RSAF F15s during GWI were directed to their targets by a such a co crewed E3. Not too sure whether they still are co operated though. But NATO E3s are crewed by multi national personnel as well. "

i don't think the NATO model applys to two unallyed countries USAF sold them and operated the E3s but they also trained the RSAF to fly them. How competant they are well it should show when they are in a conflict.

Now all i am going to say try and look in between the gaps. and i don't think its worth discussing this further becasue you won't be able to change my mind and i don't think my words would ever have any weight over your opinions.
:D

adsH

gf0012 said:
mysterious said:
Myst, it's not an issue of being anti-pakistani. It's an issue of security. Sometimes it doesn;t matter whether you are an official minister at all - you still don't get to look in some areas.

There are bases in Australia where a minister of the crown has no chance of getting in unless they have the right clearance.

It's basic security. As for the E3's AFAIK, they were co-crewed on some stations as recently as 2000

Yeah hi gf i can understand what your saying but the Saudi Royal Family, the powerful royal family's security guards happen to be PAk army guards it all the same in Kuwait and Bahrain and one declared security group is Pak Army (SSG Special Service Group) that are permanently placed in Saudi for the protection of the family just in case. so how much they trust the PAK army or for that matter PAF or the PAK navy that they train with. is still disputed but these security arrangements just show there level of trust there own guards are kept at an arms length.

For instance the Nuke site of pakistan are state secret very few have ever seen it but the saudi defence misters delegation were allowed to view it ..... very suspicious and untraditional given the fact that none of the Past prime ministers have been allowed to see the facilities.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
adSh, just a couple of things

USAF Flys the Saudi F-15c not PAF i am sure of that
no, the USA doesn't allow it's combat pilots to fly in RSAF F-15c's (except when they acted as trainers - which is not an isue now. They do not allow them to fly in a combat role - and the Saudi's would also never allow it.

The reason why they co-crew the E3's is because they are "non-combat" plus the fact that some of the equipment (even on the export models) is a security issue. They are responsible for the destruction of such equipment etc if things go wrong - as well as the operations side of some things.

It's a bit different showing a nuke plant and showing a battle screen. As an example, I was involved in some submarine construction projects. We had "important visitors" who were given a walk through of the subs being built. NO cameras were allowed inside the sheds, and they were not even allowed to see the war rooms being built. The reason being that even by seeing the holes in the wall of the battle area, this might give away clues as to what systems were being used. - Security is very very tight in some areas. There are numerous examples through cold war and post cold war history of politicians being seen as security risks, and in some cases it was known that their own intel people had loaded them up with bugs and sniffers due to the knowledge that they were protected by diplomatic immunity.

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
People! The Saudis can now fly their own jets and drive their own tanks for christs sake! Just cuz there rich and and havent gotten in2 a war yet doesnt mean theyre too dumb to fly a jet. Not all saudis are buisness men and sheikhs you know. They can even perform hi level maintenance now. So lets cut it out about the saudis running around looking for foreigners to operate their war machines, :p

darklegent

Hey where is the Web Master Or the Modirators....... Get back to the point I am not Interested In the Saudi history or who operates their inventory. :eek:fftopic

I questioned in a previous post:
I was interested to know if the Erieye AEW&C equal to the performance of a Phalcon Awac.
Does anybody have comparative technical data for the the system? Anyways the only person who has any credible knowlegde here is gf0012. If u around n read this post plz add some information on both the system.

adsH

darklegent said:
Hey where is the Web Master Or the Modirators....... Get back to the point I am not Interested In the Saudi history or who operates their inventory. :eek:fftopic

I questioned in a previous post:
I was interested to know if the Erieye AEW&C equal to the performance of a Phalcon Awac.
Does anybody have comparative technical data for the the system? Anyways the only person who has any credible knowlegde here is gf0012. If u around n read this post plz add some information on both the system.
the Swed AWACS(commad included with the AEW&C) are new its being designed or has been but Israeli AWACS, i would think would be superior(not sure) because they would have battle proven tech stuff and allot of American E3 techs in it so more gizmos . but the emphasis must be on the c4i networking i think Swedes have a brilliant c4i in place at home which by the way is the very few or the only, defensive AF in the world. so i would say jamming tracking the Israeli AWACS would be good but the networking and the fact that SAAB systems would be newer they might be an equal. the fact is, no one knows what each AWACS are truly capable of doing. But both have new electronically scanned phased array radars.

adsH

A prominent US Congressman and founder of the India Caucus Frank Pallone has described the new Major non-NATO Ally status given to Pakistan as inconsistent with American policies in South East Asia and expressed fears it could seriously erode the newly improved economic and political ties between New Delhi and Islamabad.

Pallone warned that if the floodgates of military aid are reopened through the MNNA device, it would seriously impact on the promising efforts being made to normalise Indo-Pakistan relations on the initiative of Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

The concerns have been expressed by Pallone, the former co-chairman of the Indian Caucus, and thirty of his colleagues in a joint statement in the House of Representatives.

"...Pakistan has a history of abusing military and nuclear equipment, and yet we are allowing them to have access to depleted uranium ammunition, special privilege in bidding for certain US government contracts, radar systems, attack helicopters and airborne early warning systems," Pallone said.

"The Bush Administration must re-evaluate their policies towards Pakistan -- the new designation of MNNA is unfair, inappropriate and most importantly, dangerous given the volatile nature of the South Asia region." He said both countries (India and Pakistan) are on a slow, yet steady path for improved economic, defence and political relations but "unfortunately that balance has been damaged by the Bush administration's favourable treatment of Pakistan in naming it a 'major non-NATO ally.'"

///////////////////////// this is an article i found at http://www.defenceindia.com/29-mar-2k4/news4.html Notice that the respectable Pro Indian Congressmen mentioned AWACS in the list of Weapons being suplied or possible suply of, to Pakistan!!! :eek :eek

""" and yet we are allowing them to have access to depleted uranium ammunition, special privilege in bidding for certain US government contracts, radar systems, attack helicopters and airborne early warning systems,""""""""" pallone said

mysterious

I hope that last line materializes. :smokingc: The article just shows just how badly India wants US to revise its MNNA status for Pakistan but no! they wont accept that if you ask them in their faces!! Same old back-door whining! :D

umair

Peace Enforcer
Get back to the topic.And just for every body's info, Pakistan produces it's own DU ammo of all types.

mysterious

Yeah thats why I was wondering why the Indian lobbyist was placing 'so much' emphasis on DU ammunition rounds when he must certainly be knowing that Paksitan produces its own. :roll

Anyway, I do have a strong gutt feeling that either Pakistan is going to go for ERIEYE or the Americans are going to give us at least 'two' E-3Cs 'cuz they know that they have caused a problem in South Asia by allowing Israel to sell Phalcons to India!! :smokingc: