DT Hall of Shame - Ban List

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: The bad, the ugly and the unfortunate - Ban List!

Roadrunner12, banned for three months. When you come on this board, you read the rules and FOLLOW THEM! NO disrepectful and "macho" man comments will be tolerated against ANYONE! Idea of mutual respect of and between ALL parties is practiced here. If you can't follow through on that or do not like such ideas, then there are many other forums on the net that will tolerate your BS, this one will NOT.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Re: The bad, the ugly and the unfortunate - Ban List!

fieldmarshal banned for 3 months for personal attacks and "macho" man type replies where our rules are totally ignored and overlooked! Please learn to react positively and maturely to unpleasant comments. It is okay when people disagree with you.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
srirangan, banned for PM spamming, stupid and racist remarks... was banned before for similar stuff but I guess some people just never learn?

Enjoy

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Zoolander banned for ONE MONTH (with possibility of extension) because of lying (about his status in regards to military services, new folks, take note: Don't lie!), causing unnecessary disrepute to the forum and purposely ignoring mod/admin requests and warnings to follow the rules. Plus, time spent on trying to get the truth/facts out of him about his claims!!!

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
hovercraft, banned for ignoring multiple warnings/requests from the admins/mods to include comments/input when posting articles. This ban comes after THIRD warning/request regarding the same issue (three strikes and you are out). The ban is for 10 days, it gives the user enough time to think over and realize that they have violated the forum rule.

Remember folks, you must post your comments and thoughts about the article you are posting. It helps with the discussion and direction in which you want the discussion to go. Thanks!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
luky, banned for spamming, fantastically rude emails (what does one expect from 16 year old egotistic morons?) and is known to hold a record in # of failed and cloned/copied websites (various pak def sites, copied DT's theme deliberately, cloned sinodefence.com, which was shutdown through his host).

Kids, go back to school instead of harping on other sites to spam your failed duplication.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
prashantvats, banned for posting racist and terroristic off topic remarks... probably had a huge hate-fart.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
KHAD banned for posting hateful, flame-bait, terroristic and extremist comments!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
ali.uaf banned for ignoring repeated warnings about his poor spelling and use of slang words.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
USAalltheway725, banned for lying about what he does and pretended to be something he is not. Gave him enough time to produce valid proof but failed miserably so ban is justified.

Folks, what you write and how you write is going to impress us and how much you know about military and defense issues not if you work in DoD!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
ahussains, banned for three months for copying posts made by others and reposting as his. Really, how stupid can one get? No room for BS on DefenceTalk folks.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
kusu, banned for posting stupid threads, no direction at all; a possible troll.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
birdofprey banned for ignoring warnings, throwing insults at other members.

Lordofthelords, same as above, 2nd nickname of the above member.

Rules are here:

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php

Read 'em, follow 'em. If you can't, you are really wasting your time around here.

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
JF172006 nedds to be shown the exit door too. He is trying to flame the threads. Possible that this has already bee achieved as I do not see his posts any more.

Ths

Banned Member
Sorry; but I need clarification on the rules:

Does these guidelines apply to discussion with, about, touching upon Sweden and Swedes? Or is Sweden, Swedish considered off-topic in every connection?
The rules could be troublesome: F.i. the Swedish King is said to be a good military pilot, which draws the entire Swedish defence into doubt if You correlate that information with HM public statements.

Is there extra leeway on the naval forum, as sailors - in my experience - have a distinctive suphoric tang to their conversation?

F.i. It will be hard - very hard - to quote the late Vice-Admiral Tordenskiold on these pages.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Sorry; but I need clarification on the rules:

Does these guidelines apply to discussion with, about, touching upon Sweden and Swedes? Or is Sweden, Swedish considered off-topic in every connection?
The rules could be troublesome: F.i. the Swedish King is said to be a good military pilot, which draws the entire Swedish defence into doubt if You correlate that information with HM public statements.

Is there extra leeway on the naval forum, as sailors - in my experience - have a distinctive suphoric tang to their conversation?

F.i. It will be hard - very hard - to quote the late Vice-Admiral Tordenskiold on these pages.
humour is a delicate subject - and the easiest way to look at it is if the other party realises that there is a complete absence of malice then its safe.

eg, there is ribbage and rivalry between canadians and americans, kiwis and aussies. the same kind of humour we use with each other would probably be seen as an insult if used between a pakistani and an indian or a turk and a greek or armenian.

sometimes its easier just to leave well alone rather than raise the opportunity for misunderstanding.

eg, I've been in hotels having a verbal spar with a kiwi sailor and the american sailors who were with us seriously thought that we were about to come to blows. - they completely misunderstood the humour. my poor kiwi mate almost got a belting as they thought he was being insulting. :nutkick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.