DT Hall of Shame - Ban List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ths

Banned Member
Oh that adds another problem:
Anybody slumbering to a Swedish TV-show will tell you that humour is a scarce commodity there.
Up to now I've managed - simply because the Swedes think I'm joking.

It does give problem quoting from our Royal Anthem. It is very specific (and at hand in a very good (though toned down) translation by Longfellow) as to the proper treatment of Swedes: Skull crushing being one of the minor spontaneous reactions recommended.

Well we'll have to take it our stride.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
mehdi_mu, 31 days in the sin bin for deliberately breaching forum rules and trolling.

nicetrip, permanent ban for deliberately breaching forum rules and trolling. banned on 15th Dec 2006

Last edited:
A

Aussie Digger

Kurt Plummer, banned for 3 months for repeated racist and disrespectful comments towards other posters, attracting subsequent complaints. Kurt also ignored repeated Mod requests to moderate his own behaviour and several direct requests from Webs. Cheers.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
How do you know if there are complaints about yourself, do you give us any type of message telling us to chill out.

pshamim

Verified Defense Pro
How do you know if there are complaints about yourself, do you give us any type of message telling us to chill out.
None of the mods ever try to use offensive language. They try hard to be impartial and civil to the members.

Please remember that most of the complaints are received by mods from the members. Action is never taken without observing and reading the member's posts after the complaint. If the posts are inappropriate, poster is warned and ultimately banned after repeated requests to change behavior.

Do you have any complaint against any of the Mods?

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
None of the mods ever try to use offensive language. They try hard to be impartial and civil to the members.

Please remember that most of the complaints are received by mods from the members. Action is never taken without observing and reading the member's posts after the complaint. If the posts are inappropriate, poster is warned and ultimately banned after repeated requests to change behavior.

Do you have any complaint against any of the Mods?
No - actually they do a pretty good job.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
The other thing to note is that unless there is a blatant deliberate breach of the rules, the Mods will discuss it in their own forum before action. So sometimes if there is a perception of delay, its actually because we are going through a considered process of assessment.

Often or not, a couple of Mods and/or Web will PM the offending user to try and get them to moderate their behaviour before action.

A ban is 99% of the time a "last resort" process.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We give ample time to the user who is in breach of rules, some of the methods used are:

-In thread warnings, multiple times.
-PM discussions with the user
-Warnings in the "officially warned" thread in announcement forum
-Discussions among mods

Remember, it is not in the interest of DefenceTalk to ban people but it is in our interest to make sure that rules are followed 100% and applied to everybody, including the professionals. In fact, no body wanted Kurt banned, I for one loved reading his posts... but I can't do that at the expense of other visitors/members being insulted by Kurt. We can be aggressive in our approach, be assertive and at the same time be respectful of others. Here you are with all the knowledge and wealth about aerospace systems and then you start to insult people not once but multiple times, don't bother about Mod /Admin requests and concerns, then if you are banned, it is your own fault. If someone insults you or you think is being disrespectful, LET THE ADMINS/MODS know, so we can take action against it... don't go on an offensive and attack with similar tone.

This isn't even a political forum/website so I don't see why discussions need to be emotional.

Anyway,
Victorcc, banned for spamming!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hollywood has been banned for saying he was in the military under a highrank which turned out to be a lie. Upon further investigation by mod/admin team, it turns out that was a pure fraud and this user was just trying to be an imposter for someone else.

Folks, please don't lie about your status or say things which you cannot backup with SOLID evidence. You won't impress others with your status in the military but with your input on technical matters.

Note to future imposters:
-Don't send DEFINITION of your rank from answers.com :lol
-Don't send your picture with uniform... we don't want no picture of some general in uniform. It ain't going to work.
-Don't send us email from your GMAIL account. No can't do sir.
-Don't talk crap or argue like a 10 year old with admin/mods who are trying to figure if you are real or not!

Enjoy!

A

Aussie Digger

Ehltd banned permanently for deliberate spamming (3x threads started).

Cheers

AD.

Sam-9

Announcements

I wana know if that go's to people like me, im not us military but "im military", saying that i am military to you, how can you know im military or not, you see i cant send you nothing that says im military, only to the fact that i am,
Governmet pc is a big no no to me sory...... well just to clear things and to say,It realy pissss me of to here that people are saying thay are military,but there not there only wannabeeeeeeeeeees,
i dont like that kind of person,:(
oo one more thing is there a way to translate this web to Arabic, or Farse:D

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I wana know if that go's to people like me, im not us military but "im military", saying that i am military to you, how can you know im military or not, you see i cant send you nothing that says im military, only to the fact that i am,
Governmet pc is a big no no to me sory...... well just to clear things and to say,It realy pissss me of to here that people are saying thay are military,but there not there only wannabeeeeeeeeeees,
i dont like that kind of person,:(
oo one more thing is there a way to translate this web to Arabic, or Farse:D
its pretty easy to establish peoples credentials if they are in the military -
its also quite easy to establish whether people are in the military industry - there are enough resources for the senior members, mods and webs to establish whether someone is telling stories.

we don't tolerate people who make claims about their military credentials and cannot provide the correct ID material.

You can tell whether people are familiar with the military in the way that they debate, the style of their questions and answers, or their slang.

a few people get caught out very quickly because they use the "slang" the wrong way - wannabe's are always easy to find.

the other thing some of us do is check with other forum owners. believe it or not we co-operate more than we compete.

Last edited:

Ths

Banned Member
Gf-0012: Considering Your standing on strategy page and the nature of this page - i.e. military (among that security and intelligence) I simply don't understand that people bother.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Gf-0012: Considering Your standing on strategy page and the nature of this page - i.e. military (among that security and intelligence) I simply don't understand that people bother.
I've made some pretty horrible calls in public though....

Theres no shortage of smart operators cruising through here. I do get frustrated at how some of the armchair brigade will challenge obviously credible people within the service and/or industry on technical issues. (esp some of the Wiki researchers)

Ths

Banned Member
Gf0012: Sometimes I wonder why You bother, but then again I get annoyed with something like a Comerounian patriot that claims the indigneously developed african spears are unbeatable for sinking submarines under the polar cap, which he as an Admiral of the Swiss Navy knows everything about.
As you say, the problem is that they high-jack threads that held some good posts of general interest to the informed....

I'm far from perfect, but when I present ideas that could have benefitted from a bit of consideration, then I get wiser. The odd bloomer comes from everyone..

A

Aussie Digger

Chelsea banned permanently for attempting to sell shoddy goods...

Status
Not open for further replies.