Capturing Solar Power

RyanJohn

Banned Member
Solar energy is one of the most affordable and renewable sources of energy today. This is owing to the high prices and low supply of all the other sources of energy. Solar energy is a great option for all those who want low utility bills and environment friendly options. Sun’s energy can be created wherever there is sun. This energy is so large that it can charge up the whole of the earth for one year, in just one hour.

The solar energy can be trapped using solar panels. Solar panels can come in handy in times of peak demand when it is quite expensive to produce electricity using conventional methods. Usually the sunlight hours overlap the peak demand hours. This has made it a wise option to go after solar panel investments.

Solar panels convert the sunlight into electricity. There are two major ways of tapping sun’s energy. The active solar techniques involve the usage of photovoltaic panels, pumps, and fans to convert sunlight into electricity. Passive Solar involves designing the spaces in such a way that it maximizes the sunlight absorption and exposure to sun. It also means building the spaces using materials with favorable thermal properties.

Marc 1

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Solar energy is one of the most affordable and renewable sources of energy today. This is owing to the high prices and low supply of all the other sources of energy. Solar energy is a great option for all those who want low utility bills and environment friendly options. Sun’s energy can be created wherever there is sun. This energy is so large that it can charge up the whole of the earth for one year, in just one hour.

The solar energy can be trapped using solar panels. Solar panels can come in handy in times of peak demand when it is quite expensive to produce electricity using conventional methods. Usually the sunlight hours overlap the peak demand hours. This has made it a wise option to go after solar panel investments.

Solar panels convert the sunlight into electricity. There are two major ways of tapping sun’s energy. The active solar techniques involve the usage of photovoltaic panels, pumps, and fans to convert sunlight into electricity. Passive Solar involves designing the spaces in such a way that it maximizes the sunlight absorption and exposure to sun. It also means building the spaces using materials with favorable thermal properties.
Mate, I'm not sure how to take your post here... Is it advertising? You don't seem to know a great deal about solar - photovoltaics don't require pumps and fans to convert light into electricity - that's done at the PN junction on the cell or substrate. The power output of the panel is then either fed into batteries via a regulator or to the grid via an invertor. Small tip, if you are trying to promote something - have a few clues about what it is and how it works first.

Incidentally, you trying to claim that solar makes financial sense is, in the Australian market at least, poppycock. And I'm a fan of solar and renewables. At the moment unless you live in the ACT where feed in tarriffs have been mandated, solar is presently not a cost effective solution. I believe you will be proven correct in the future, as energy gets more expensive (cost of carbon etc) however, you cannot make that claim at present as future prices are conjecture.

Your claim that "sunlight hours overlap the peak demand hours" ignores the reality that the evening peak occurs after sunset in autumn winter and spring where photovoltaics will produce zip.

MikellKaizer

As far as the consumption of energy is concern I think solar panel is a very good system in energy production because of it's environmental friendly and good for reducing climate change....

wing fan

ENVIRONMENT!? CLIMATE CHANGE!? Who gives a rip about that stuff? Really! It's not happening, and if that is our demise, so be it, that's how God wants us to go down. and i don't blame him! i would have gotten rid of this sin ridden place YEARS ago. And how come "Global Warming" made the temperature at my house drop to -2 F, when it was supposed to be 29? Warming? I don't think so, maybe try reading the Holy Bible buddy, really.

That is all i am going to say, before i get in trouble. :mad:

-wing fan

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
ENVIRONMENT!? CLIMATE CHANGE!? Who gives a rip about that stuff? Really! It's not happening, and if that is our demise, so be it, that's how God wants us to go down. and i don't blame him! i would have gotten rid of this sin ridden place YEARS ago. And how come "Global Warming" made the temperature at my house drop to -2 F, when it was supposed to be 29? Warming? I don't think so, maybe try reading the Holy Bible buddy, really.

That is all i am going to say, before i get in trouble. :mad:

-wing fan
Some gentle advice - attacking other posters for their beliefs, and bringing religion into the debate, is not the best manner with which to engage on these boards. Your views and beliefs may be very dear to your heart, and that's fair enough, but do remember the objective is a discussion rather than an argument, and frame your responses accordingly. There's disagreements from time to time, but keeping them productive is the important thing.

I understand the issue of global warming is a touchy subject for some so I mean no offence - as I said above, I only say this as friendly advice for someone new to the boards. :)

wing fan

I appoligize. It was not my place to speak. I was having a really bad morning, and i let it get the best of me, which was wrong. I see my mistake and i will try to correct it. Note i say "try", but i will try really hard. Thanx and sorry.

Do you mind me asking where you stand on that subject? I won't freak out again, i promise!
I'll be more gentle with this, and put it this way: I don't believe in Global Warming or Climate Change, or Environmental "junk". Is that OK?

I am not trying to be a horses butt, i am dead serious. Was the way I worded that OK?

-wing fan

P.S. Please don't hate me!

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah you're ok the second time around. ;)

Anyways... so if you don't mind me asking, you do understand that us humans do have an effect on the ecology if not that planet as a whole, at the very least in areas of close proximity to ourselves? I mean dumping toxic sludge in the river kills fish, and smog that makes air look like you could cut it with a knife doesn't help the birds (or plants) any....

wing fan

I do understand that, to a certain amount. Whenever i hear stuff like,"we're ruining the ozone!", I freak because i did two years of studying and there is only a hole in the ozone during the second week in August. That's just how it is but the news makes a big deal out of almost everything!

Sorry again, but i will behave more!

- wing fan

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you do recognize the fact that these local effects, when compounded, could have global reprecussions, yes? I mean if all your river are full of toxic sludge, and there is a giant floating dump of garabage twice the size of Texas in the ocean, that has global ecological represcussions (we're talking hypothetically here, on the sludge part anyways)....

wing fan

Yes, i do. And that was a very nice way of putting things, and it did get it through my so very thick head! So yes i do get it now, and thank you for explaining that.

-wing fan

Marc 1

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
I do understand that, to a certain amount. Whenever i hear stuff like,"we're ruining the ozone!", I freak because i did two years of studying and there is only a hole in the ozone during the second week in August. That's just how it is but the news makes a big deal out of almost everything!

- wing fan
Never heard of the Montreal Protocol? If you haven't I'd suggest you do some reading.

This piccie will give you a NASA projected idea of how much sunscreen we would all have needed if people had not started to take action against CFC's:
File:Future ozone layer concentrations.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wing fan

I DROPPED THAT SUBJECT FOR A REASON!

2 years of studying is enough and i am done reading.

Thank you.

- wing fan

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, i do. And that was a very nice way of putting things, and it did get it through my so very thick head! So yes i do get it now, and thank you for explaining that.

-wing fan
So your qualm is not that global climate change is impossible, it's all God, we have no control. It's that the current scientific data doesn't support it in your opinion. Notice how much more reasonable that sounds?

Btw I myself don't have a definite opinion either way. Since I'm not a scientist, and don't have the time and interest to do the necessary digging to become an expert on the subject I prefer to leave it to others.

wing fan

Yes, i will agree that it is all God, he controls everything, sooooo, no offense, but that is kinda what i said before. I wasn't very nice before though, i admit that! :dodgy

The only reason i did so much research on it is because i wanted to prove my friend wrong.

thanx- wing fan

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see. So, I don't mean to pry, but then... it doesn't matter how much plastic garbage gets dumped into the ocean, and it doesn't matter how much we pollute the atmosphere, it's all in Gods hands?

wing fan

I agree 105%! Thanx so much, you have made my day a h*ll of a lot better!

you just don't know how happy you just made me by explaining to me that i was wrong, without tearing my head off! :D

Now i can go to bed in a better mood! YAY!

thanx - wing fan

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm so confused. I'm not sure what I just explained... :( I'm glad it helped though...

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, i will agree that it is all God, he controls everything, sooooo, no offense, but that is kinda what i said before. I wasn't very nice before though, i admit that! :dodgy

The only reason i did so much research on it is because i wanted to prove my friend wrong.

thanx- wing fan
Maybe this will interest you.

GOD MADE MAN THE STEWARD OF CREATION

I'm not religious myself, but I do find that compelling arguments to conserve earth as much as we're able can be made not only from a scientific perspective, but also from a religious one. It's not strictly related to climate change nor do I expect it to change your beliefs, but you might find it interesting anyway.

Personally I believe that any system will react to an event occurring within itself, in some way. Thus I believe in the possibilities associated with climate change and so forth, because I find it highly improbable to think that a complex system (such as the environment) exposed to major events would not differ from a system that did not experience the same events.

I also have great faith in the ability of our species to affect change - witness the history of the 20th century. So to think we could do the earth no harm - and conversely, to think that preventing such harm is out of our hands - is, to me, underestimating the potential of the human race.

wing fan

Thank you everyone for proving me wrong! I'll shut up now, if you want me to, and i'll try not to freak out again!

Feanor: what you explained was that we can have an effect on "ecology", and basically made me calm down. That is why i said thanx so much!

- wing fan