Best Historical Movies

Best Historical Movie

• The Messege (Based on the birth of Islam)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Ten Commandments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Troy

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Alexander

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jinnah (Dramatic movie on Pakistan's founder)

• Gandhi (Movie on India's founder)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Passion of Christ (Last 12 hours of Jesus Christ's life)

• The Bible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fall of the Roman Empire

• Other (State the name in your post)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

mysterious

I dont know what happened to my posts about the movie Kingdom of Heaven. All of them seem to have dissappeared! Maybe they're on GTN, but who knows?!?! Mods/Admin?? Anywayz, Tears of the Sun is another good movie about the Nigerian civil war and then there's the one called The Tuskegee Airmen which is an excellent movie about racial discrimination in the USAF in WWII (I can remember if its I or II). Tom Cruise starred in the great movie, The Last Samurai (watched it a zillion times, I'm sure I've killed the DVD :p) and not to forget, Behind Enemy Lines!

Tavarisch

The Message was quite good. They tried very hard NOT to show Prophet Muhammad, as such portrayal of Muhammad by other men for any reason is simply unacceptable. I agree. No one can reenact Muhammad, not even slightly. The Kingdom of Heaven, as some suggest, was quite inaccurate. I'm unsure of the details though.

I thought a Bridge Too Far was good. I laughed in the scene where the meteorologist was like 'You see, the fog, it... moves...." and Anthony Hopkins was like "Yes I know it moves! But where?" There weren't too many problems with accuracy in that movie, accept for the bridge assault. Some of those vehicles actually made it across but got blown up by mines. And, the Leopards. I guess they couldn't find or make fake Panzers, but I guess it was pretty good. No complaints here.

dragonfire

I liked the movie "The bridge on the river Kwai" it was a good WWII movie and i can still remember the whistling which was in the movie which represented the unity amongst the POWs through a small medium but which in itself was so powerful