Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian Bush Fires

Discussion in 'Intros & Off Topic' started by ngatimozart, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:41 AM.

Share This Page

1. ngatimozart

ngatimozart Super Moderator Staff Member Verified Defense Pro

To any of our Aussie posters and lurkers caught up in the current bushfires in QLD, NSW & WA, we hope that you and yours are all safe and well. We wish you well, good luck and stay strong. To the firies, ambos, & coppers, you're all bloody marvellous, good luck and stay strong.

At lakes, protoplasm, weedyau and 2 others like this.
  2. Redlands18

Redlands18 Active Member

I actually spent a couple of weeks in September in Glenn Inness in the New England area of New South Wales and since then have been half jokingly calling the area the worlds newest Desert, its horrendous down there, there is just no grass at all. Some towns and even small Cities are just months away from running out of water.
    My Aunty is 87 and she has seen nothing even close to it in her lifetime. The Emergency services are doing an incredible job but unless they get some rain soon they could be overwhelmed, remembering its still only Spring and the worst season is still to come.
    While i was down there we went a week without a single Cloud in the sky.

ngatimozart likes this.