Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Marines

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for clarifying. Airborne must have been pretty awesome. I can only imagine. I've never jumped with a parachute (or otherwise :p:).

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
LOL! awsome at first! later, (like everything,military take away the fun factor) standing up for 40 odd minutes hooked up to a static line, with a paracute on your back, stapped so tight that it physiccally bends you over, then with 40 odd kg strapped to your front, with 31 other blokes throwing up, and pushing forward...its not a lot of fun!
and DZ,s are never close to your objective, and being airbourne means you have to man pack nearly everything with you....you get very good at walking!
getting back to the marines v army thing, In my experience, the marines had a similer esprit de corp as us , (with a lot more hu-ra B/S than us though) and that can get you through the tough times. I reckon the marines showed more "get on with it "attitude than the US army, who seemed to complain more about just about everything.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mmm. Yes. There is a lot more pride then one would expect. Even in a reserve unit. On the other hand the sheer amount of "hurry up and wait" is staggerig sometimes. :)

Warwiz

Mmm. Yes. There is a lot more pride then one would expect. Even in a reserve unit. On the other hand the sheer amount of "hurry up and wait" is staggerig sometimes. :)
===============================

I haven't heard the expression "Hurry up and wait" in such a loong time....I feel so old.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haha. I heard about it first from my recruiter. Of course (me being me) I had a million questions for him.