Any Help Would Be Nice!

wing fan

Hello everyone who reads this! I could use quite a bit of your help. I am 16, and plan on joining the US Military. (Marines, Air Force, or Army) I have not yet told my parents i want to join and another person that I want to tell. (family friend)

So I need your help by helping me figure out how to tell my family I want to join! All I know is I want to tell my family-friend first, and then my sister, then everyone else.

Thanks for all the help-

- wing fan

Hello everyone who reads this! I could use quite a bit of your help. I am 16, and plan on joining the US Military. (Marines, Air Force, or Army) I have not yet told my parents i want to join and another person that I want to tell. (family friend)

So I need your help by helping me figure out how to tell my family I want to join! All I know is I want to tell my family-friend first, and then my sister, then everyone else.

Thanks for all the help-

- wing fan
Hello,

I had a brother who was in the same situation. It really depends on if you're joining for the right reasons. If you're joining because it's something you're really interested in, they will likely let you join. However, if you're joining to "escape your family", then things may not go down well. Just be honest.

Good luck

wing fan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello,

I had a brother who was in the same situation. It really depends on if you're joining for the right reasons. If you're joining because it's something you're really interested in, they will likely let you join. However, if you're joining to "escape your family", then things may not go down well. Just be honest.

Good luck
Thanks for the suggestion. I am not trying to get away from my family, i read a lot of military autobiographies, and here about the deaths that were never mentioned on the news, and it makes me furious.:splat I feel like it is what i should do for everyone. I also want to protect my friends and family, and even the people who hate me.

(i also want to shove it up a couple peoples butts! but that is NOT the main reason)

thanks-

- wf

wing fan

,and then my sister,- wing fan
OK, scratch that. i told my sister last night at 3:30 am. I didn't control my emotions like i wanted to though. I am really close to my sister and have always told her everything first, and i started bawling after i told her (pretty pathetic, right?) because i felt bad about not telling her for the last 5 years.

Any more ideas on how i can tell everyone else would be really nice.

thanks-

- wf

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, scratch that. i told my sister last night at 3:30 am. I didn't control my emotions like i wanted to though. I am really close to my sister and have always told her everything first, and i started bawling after i told her (pretty pathetic, right?) because i felt bad about not telling her for the last 5 years.

Any more ideas on how i can tell everyone else would be really nice.

thanks-

- wf
Well you might wanna try without the bawling. :D Make sure they understand it's what you want to do, and that nobody's been talking you into it.

wing fan

Well you might wanna try without the bawling. :D Make sure they understand it's what you want to do, and that nobody's been talking you into it.
The only reason i started bawling was because i tell her everything and i felt bad. :teary it was also 330 in the morning, and i was freaking out about something else. I was really glad she didn't tell me i wouldn't last, because then i would have got in my car, and moved to my friends house. If my family doesn't support me on this, then i will have to do that. Because he, (not a boyfriend, just a friendfriend. a close really friend) and his dad will, i already know his dad does. He's the one that i talk to about all of this, and then he tells his son (my friend) more than likely. And his son wants to be in the Air Force, so he would be 2-faced not to support me.

Anymore help would be VERY useful. I actually need a lot of opinions and help.

thanks-

- wing fan