About that sneaky Akula

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Leaving unnecessary rhetoric aside, I’d try to get the discussion back on the thread’s topic somehow.

Sometimes people tend to believe that having SOSUS or GIUK on one’s side is a marvelous thing. Well, the way I see it, yes and no..
Adding some fact to the conversation rather than rhetoric

SOSUS has not been active for some time - so any comments about Akulas and SOSUS is moot and redunant

You don't seem to be aware of how effective SOSUS was - but thats another issue - and that included its ability to detect the first of the quiet subs - the Victors - as well as detecting future subs that were graced with the benefit of improved acoustic management through the use of Toshibas tech

In addtion, sub detection has not been about seabed arrays since the 90's

If people are getting hung up about what a sub can do against a seabed array such as that defined by the SOSUS arrays then they are a generation out of date - literally as well as in technology capability.

DrewUSA

what about if the Russian sub Akula, in the Gulf of Mexico, and poss. at points around the US. We use to “tap” their underwater lines, and the Wiki-leaks listed our underwater lines locations… this might sound stupid but do you think anyone thought to go down there to check to make sure they are not taping us? we did them. also, when did DHS step up anti-drug movement, because those cutters and i believe a sub was sent to the Gulf of Mexico after we found they are using smaller subs to ship drugs in.... but the Wiki-Leaks, even though i think that should have never been released and they are traitors. Leak the $16.00 muffins the Justice Department was charged for at lunch-ins that O'Reilly was railing about for weeks. Go after the stuff that shouldn't be going on, but leave matters of national security, mine, yours and more importantly, the man standing the post's security and life above your own ego to let information out that shouldn't be exposed.

There is little in the above that is relevant to the thread topic. Can you please pause and get your intent together before posting commentary

Last edited by a moderator: