Indian Missiles & Nuclear Development News and Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Re: Agni-III missile to be test-fired by year-end

PJ-10 BrahMos said:
Regarding the possible 5,000 km range of A-3 it is confusing, the Missile Threat website is quoting it to be 5,000 km while GlobalSecurity reports its range to be 3,500 km but another variant of the Agni series of missisles, possibly A-4 to have a range of 5,000 km
Next time wehn you post something make sure you have proof for that for A-4 it might be correct that it has a range of 5000 km but later you may say that this range was for the A-5.
can you plz give me links to that i will be very pleased

vrus

There was a website a saw recently. I'll give you guys the like if I find it. It said there was something being developed called Agni-SR. This had a low range compared to other Agni s. About 850 km range. But apparently, the payload cap. had been increased alot. I'll get back to you guys on this.

vrus

The payload cap. is 2000 kg and range is 860 km. According to the website, the other Agni s have a payload cap. of only 1,000 kg. This is double that ! Also it is an SRBM (Short range), so I think that the SR in Agni SR stands for Short Range . Duh!
This is the website :-
http://www.missilethreat.com/missiles/

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

vrus said:
The payload cap. is 2000 kg and range is 860 km. According to the website, the other Agni s have a payload cap. of only 1,000 kg. This is double that ! Also it is an SRBM (Short range), so I think that the SR in Agni SR stands for Short Range . Duh!
This is the website :-
http://www.missilethreat.com/missiles/
I think you were going to send link for an ICBM but you have send link for a short range missile Pakistan have a lot of it

aaaditya

hey guys cant the range of a missile be increased by decreasing the weight of the warhead and vice versa:confused: ,i read that the iraqis did something similiar during the gulf war.:coffee

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

aaaditya said:
hey guys cant the range of a missile be increased by decreasing the weight of the warhead and vice versa:confused: ,i read that the iraqis did something similiar during the gulf war.:coffee
I wanted to say that yes the missile range can be increased by decreasing the payload and vice versa.I think the difference in the range could be 100km for the 2000km range missile or it may be 200km.But for the 200-300km range missile the range may be 10-30 km increase.

But if a country want to attack a far flung area and its that far away that the country needs an ICBM of range between the range of 8000-11000km then i think you also need a bigger payload caz you have done research for years to develop that ICBM but if there is only a little distruction there.then your all effors gone in Vain.Then the country must develop that kinda engine which should carry havvier payloads and hit the target accretly and can get bigger advantages.:)

Last edited:

aaaditya

i dont think a nuclear warhead needs to be around 1000-1500 kilogrammes in weight(of blast effect similiar to the ones dropped on hiroshima and nagasaki.):coffee

srirangan

Banned Member

aaaditya said:
I doubt that. Once a missile is designed, I don't think critical atributes like payload and range can be altered.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

srirangan said:
I doubt that. Once a missile is designed, I don't think critical atributes like payload and range can be altered.
Mate suppose a country have a missile of range 1000km.and they have tested it successfully.After that they comeup with a new missile engine i think the process that would tell you that how much far this missile can reach would be this that how much volume of gases does it expell in a second and how much pay load we should load on it and what will be the differnece in the range consedring the pay load they can do this with the help of percentage that the previous missle's engine expells this much volume of gases and this expells this much.

Do you know that when space shuttles go to space there is an acurate measurement done how much it weighs and if we increase 1kg mass then how much we will require the fuel.
Oh sorry i forgot that the range also depends on the amount of fuel it carries then you also needs a powerful engine caz the mass of the fuel is also added in the missile's whole mass.

I think now you have no problem with that.Countries before launching the missile announce that this missile have this much rance.Sri you are not living in the stone age lol,that you are having a catapult and you puts a stone in the pouch and release the stone then weights that how much distance it will cover.they also had some ideas what they should do to increase the range

vrus

kashifshahzad said:
I think you were going to send link for an ICBM but you have send link for a short range missile Pakistan have a lot of it
Kashif, please look carefully. The link to ICBM is a little below the Agni SR. It says Surya 1 and 2 .

srirangan

Banned Member

kashifshahzad said:
Mate suppose a country have a missile of range 1000km.and they have tested it successfully.After that they comeup with a new missile engine i think the process that would tell you that how much far this missile can reach would be this that how much volume of gases does it expell in a second and how much pay load we should load on it and what will be the differnece in the range consedring the pay load they can do this with the help of percentage that the previous missle's engine expells this much volume of gases and this expells this much.

Do you know that when space shuttles go to space there is an acurate measurement done how much it weighs and if we increase 1kg mass then how much we will require the fuel.
Oh sorry i forgot that the range also depends on the amount of fuel it carries then you also needs a powerful engine caz the mass of the fuel is also added in the missile's whole mass.

I think now you have no problem with that.Countries before launching the missile announce that this missile have this much rance.Sri you are not living in the stone age lol,that you are having a catapult and you puts a stone in the pouch and release the stone then weights that how much distance it will cover.they also had some ideas what they should do to increase the range
I was taking the case where the missle is already developed and deployed. At that point of time the Max Fuel is already well defined, and I don't think it would exceed its Max Range whether or not it was carrying the full capacity of its payload. Ofcourse otherwise even I could figure out the basics of ballistics.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

srirangan said:
I was taking the case where the missle is already developed and deployed. At that point of time the Max Fuel is already well defined, and I don't think it would exceed its Max Range whether or not it was carrying the full capacity of its payload. Ofcourse otherwise even I could figure out the basics of ballistics.
Yeah mate i agree with you that then the max range could not be increased but according to the target the range can be decreased isant it.

srirangan

Banned Member

kashifshahzad said:
Yeah mate i agree with you that then the max range could not be increased but according to the target the range can be decreased isant it.
Obviously.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

I have seen in my Physics book that if a missile is fired an 45 degree angle it will go to a far distance as compares to the other angles.

I think its true what do you think mates.

sarvesh

kashifshahzad said:
I have seen in my Physics book that if a missile is fired an 45 degree angle it will go to a far distance as compares to the other angles.

I think its true what do you think mates.
well that is true in the therotical sense.but in the real world distance is not that paramount as compared to precision.
most of the missiles aiming for greater diatance are fired at angles greater than 45degrees. what ur physics book tells u is a missile's trajectory inside the atmosphere
most ICBMs enter space where they can travel a greater diatance since there is least resistance there

vrus

I think we are veering off the topic ppl.
Even when the Space Shuttle re-enters the atmosphere, it must hit the atmosphere at an angle between 40 and 45 degrees. If the angle of attack is more, then it will skid back out into space and might not have enough fuel to have another shot. If the angle is too shallow, then it will burn up before landing. That is why re-entry is so dangerous !

Back to Agni-III. Can anyone tell me if it is propeled by cryogenic boosters ? If so what chemicals ?

The Surya or Agni-IV probably uses cryogenic fuel.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

vrus said:
I think we are veering off the topic ppl.
Even when the Space Shuttle re-enters the atmosphere, it must hit the atmosphere at an angle between 40 and 45 degrees. If the angle of attack is more, then it will skid back out into space and might not have enough fuel to have another shot. If the angle is too shallow, then it will burn up before landing. That is why re-entry is so dangerous !

Back to Agni-III. Can anyone tell me if it is propeled by cryogenic boosters ? If so what chemicals ?

The Surya or Agni-IV probably uses cryogenic fuel.
i have only heard about the solid and liquid fuels what is that kind of fuel xplain

vrus

Cryogenics is the science of the super-cooled. Cryogen means super-cooled. Therefore, Cryogenic fuels are those fuels that are super-cooled. Examples include liquid Hydrogen and liquid Oxygen. These elements have to be be cooled to temperatures way below zero to become liquid, and storing them safely is a difficulty. But this super-cooling increases their performance by a steep margin and makes up for the storage difficulties ! Most Space Launch Vehicles are propelled by Cryogenic Boosters. So, I think this technology should find a vacant gap to occupy in the Indian missile arsenal, i.e- Agni-III and Surya-I ICBM !

Status
Not open for further replies.