Indian Missiles & Nuclear Development News and Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehorse

Banned Member
I agree, Russia is the only nation on this planet that can still decimate/wipe out the USA, thanks to her nuclear arsenal. Also, it has the biggest land area and occupies the heart of Eurasia, strategicaly placed close to US allies in Europe, Asia and the Middle East; and she has plenty of natural resources and technological know-how to help her friends/allies both far and near.
Speaking of which,-
India Pursuing Blue Water Navy, Ballistic Missile Sub
June 7, 2004 :: Defense News :: News
India has the ambition to join the other great powers of the world in having a blue water ballistic missile submarines, according to a story in Defense News. India’s recent adoption of a new military doctrine aimed at the acquisition of such vessels could help to counterbalance China’s own military buildup, detailed in the DoD report released last week. India is already planning to lease a Russian Akula-class sub, but will soon develop its own vessels.
The report does not specify what sort of ballistic missiles an Indian submarine may carry, but one sea launched ballistic missile India has been working on is the Dhanush.
http://www.missilethreat.com/missile...ile_detail.asp
I wonder what's the current status of this, 3.5 years later?

India steps up production of Prithvi and BrahMos
..work is also in progress to develop submarine-launched cruise and ballistic missiles under the ‘Sagarika’ project to complete India’s ‘nuclear triad’ — the ability to fire nuclear-tipped missiles from the air, land and sea.
India on way to joining exclusive BMD club

Interceptor missile to be tested in December

Last edited:

oxforduniversit

Russia is a Superpower

Admin: Post reported. Text deleted. This response was so far off topic that there was nothing that could be salvaged.

Please ensure that you stick to the topic at hand rather than get completely distracted by an issue unrelated to the subject at hand.

If you want to talk about Russia then start another thread, - and make it a militarily relevant topic

1st Warning issued. Please read the Forum Rules before posting any new threads or replies to posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

ju87

And this is in the Indian WMDs thread because??
Indian WMD have NOT been procured from Russia/USSR. As for everything else you said, :eek:nfloorl:

As for Agni III, assuming the test is successful in Dec, how many years would it be before it is brought into service?

indian bull

Banned Member
I agree, Russia is the only nation on this planet that can still decimate/wipe out the USA, thanks to her nuclear arsenal. Also, it has the biggest land area and occupies the heart of Eurasia, strategicaly placed close to US allies in Europe, Asia and the Middle East; and she has plenty of natural resources and technological know-how to help her friends/allies both far and near.
Speaking of which,-

I wonder what's the current status of this, 3.5 years later?

India on way to joining exclusive BMD club

Interceptor missile to be tested in December
Well this response is out of the subject of this thread and if no. of nukes is concerned then India is also having a huge Plutonium and tritium reserve lying in its civilian reactors to wipe out any country in the world and i think few other nations also have large reserves to destroy the world, this is just madness and please don't talk about destruction of nations. If Russia tries to wipe US then it will also not survive as if such huge arsenal is used it is going to destroy the whole world including Russia.

Last edited:

Firehorse

Banned Member
I'm not inciting anything, just IMO, and as it was also stated by many others, if a nation has means to destroy a superpower at this very moment, then it is, by definition, also a superpower- wether the MAD doctrine between the superpowers is still relevant or not. Actually, without naming them, that doctrine is now being taken on a smaller scale by new nuclear powers.

indian bull

Banned Member
I'm not inciting anything, just IMO, and as it was also stated by many others, if a nation has means to destroy a superpower at this very moment, then it is, by definition, also a superpower- wether the MAD doctrine between the superpowers is still relevant or not. Actually, without naming them, that doctrine is now being taken on a smaller scale by new nuclear powers.
Well dear why to destroy any nation, it will cost to the whole world. The arsenals of US and Russia are so huge that if used they will destroy the whole world, but fortunately they are not going to be used like this. Also as i said that many countries are capable of making huge arsenals and even non nuclear states like Japan,Australia, South Africa,Brazil can make nukes in large no. Australia in particular have highest resources of Natural Uranium in world. The fact is that these weapons are strategic in purpose to detter others and gain influence in world affairs to acheive personal interests. i.e. why new nuclear powers maintain a nuclear arsenal in a of minimum credible detterence, i.e. why US and Russia are decreasing their arsenals.

Well in the past USSR was a superpower, but Russia is presently not a superpower although its a major world power. It was not able to prevent an attack on Iraq neither it will be able to stop US from going into Iran. It will loose a grip on world affairs in future.

Last edited:

Firehorse

Banned Member
Well, it all depends on how you define what a "superpower" is. Late president Nixon once said: "N. Vietnam can not defeat United States"- yet their flag still flies in Saigon, now Ho Shi Min City. And before 1975, the PRC helped NK survive, sending US Army & Marines "advancing in another direction"- back to the 38th parallel. So, not loosing to a superpower can also be considered a superiority in other aspects. As in judo, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall"! I don't think that it's in the US long term interests to claim itself as the "sole & preeminent superpower", while rejecting of a "multi-polar world"- this boasting and self-applause will only cause others with common interests to team up - SCO & EU are cases in point.
Having a large stockpile of anything doesn't translate to actual ability & willingness to turn it against others. Furthermore, it takes time to develop delivery means, strategy, 2nd strike capability, policy & safeguards.
IMO, even if all nukes were to be used, humanity will still survive. Russia had just came out of a period of internal dissaray- and once she started sending long range bombers again and suspended conventional forces treaty in Europe, the US is going to keep more of their troops there.

Last edited:

indian bull

Banned Member
I agree that US will not be able to stop the development of a multipolar world in future also chinese economy will overtake US economy in 20-25 years. But as of now neither Russia nor china have the technology or navy or air force comparable to US. Anyhow man what about the topic of this thread, tell me your veiws on this topic, i have posted some queries about Indian thermonuclear weapons and about U-233 weapons and i want somebody to tell the answeres.:)

funtz

India conducts new missile interceptor test
By IANS
Sunday December 2, 12:23 PM

Balasore, Dec 2 (IANS) India Sunday tested a specially developed high-speed interceptor missile, Advanced Air Defence (AAD), over the Bay of Bengal to examine its capability to destroy a missile, defence sources said here.

As a part of its air defence exercise, scientists fired the high-speed interceptor missile a few minutes after an electronics target was blasted off from Chandipur-on-Sea near here.

The interceptor missile was fired at 10.44 a.m. from Inner Wheeler Island off the Orissa coast. The electronics target, a derivative of Prithvi missile, was fired at 10.42 a.m. from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) of Chandipur, located about 120 km from Wheeler Island, defence sources said.

Defence sources described the Sunday trial as a mock trial and said a final one would be conducted subsequently after analysing data.

On Nov 27 last year, defence scientists had successfully conducted the Prithvi Air Defence exercise similarly in the Bay of Bengal off the Orissa coast, using a modified version of Prithvi to destroy an incoming target missile.

The AAD used Sunday was a new missile and not a derivative or an update of any existing missile. It was specially designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for this role, the defence sources said.

In performance, the AAD is slightly better than US' PAC-3 (Patriot Advanced Capability) in interception, altitude and range against incoming ballistic missiles, the sources said.
http://in.news.yahoo.com/071202/43/6nyd1.html
The amount of time this might take to finish the test stage and become operational, it would have been wise to have some sort of an ablity in major cities or high value instalations. PAC offer from USA might have been exercised in a limited way.

indian bull

Banned Member
A mock test does it mean a computer simulated test?

I think US is selling some less advanced version of patriots to the Indians who want the latest version of patriot?

Last edited:

funtz

seems like the interceptor fired at a simulated target for data collection and analysis before the actual interception.

Still what real capability as of now does the indian military possess to intercept any incoming missiles/warheads. (except pre-emption.)

indian bull

Banned Member
http://www.netnewspublisher.com/?p=1369
The Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) of India, carried out the first launch of a single stage interceptor missile against an electronic ballistic missile as a target from Wheeler Island. The Endo-atmospheric interceptor intercepted the missile at 15 kilometers altitude exactly as designed for high supersonic speed.

All the elements of ballistic missile defence (BMD) required for control and monitoring performed in a copybook fashion validating the design of the “Endo-atmospheric” layer of BMD system.

High-tech instrumentation provided precise and accurate data regarding the performance of the interceptor missile. This has given confidence to the scientists to proceed with the next test that shall see adversary ballistic missile being intercepted by Endo-atmospheric” interceptor missile. The next test is expected to take place shortly
electronic ballistic missile whatz that?

Firehorse

Banned Member
links

Anyhow man what about the topic of this thread, tell me your veiws on this topic, i have posted some queries about Indian thermonuclear weapons and about U-233 weapons and i want somebody to tell the answeres.:)

http://www.inesap.org/bulletin24/art21.htm

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/india/nuke/index.html

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=U-233+weapons+&btnG=Google+Search

I hope the above links aren't that old; but if they don't have anything new to you, I'm sorry. Like yourself, I'm no expert and to get answers, we all need to do some research online, to be honest with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.