Indian Missiles & Nuclear Development News and Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Khan

Re: India tests Trishul missile for third time in two days

One thing i fail to understand, how is this not in violation of international missile proliferation treaties? as i remember the range limit specified in the treaties is 300 KM. This is a lot more then that.

I know Israel doesnt care much about internationel agreements, but i was more curious about the russians. Do you guys think they will play a part in helping India Develop it? cause that might have a big effect on their relationship with China, who clearly seems to be the target of a such a missile.

baadal

Is Israel part of MTCR? I don't think so. Besides, it should be a different missile to have 2500km. How can a 300km range missile can be upgraded by an order?

A Khan

baadal said:
Is Israel part of MTCR? I don't think so. Besides, it should be a different missile to have 2500km. How can a 300km range missile can be upgraded by an order?
Well India and Pakistan werent part of the NPT or the CTBT, but the west still put sanctions on them when they tested nuclear weapons...

XEROX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glitches delaying Agni-III tests

Glitches delaying Agni-III tests

NEW DELHI: Despite initial optimism by defence scientists, the 3,500-km-plus Agni-III missile is nowhere near being tested. It will take at least a year for this nuclear-capable ballistic missile to be test-fired in "its final configuration", say sources.

The solid-fuelled Agni-III, needed to acquire the capability to hit strategic targets deep inside China, was initially to be tested for the first time in 2003. But it has been facing several technical problems since then.

"The Agni-I (700-800 km range) and Agni-II (2,000-km-plus) missiles, already being inducted into the Army as part of the deterrent posture against Pakistan, have boosters from Indian Space Research Organisation," said a source.

"But Agni-III is a totally different system, with an entirely new vehicle...Its various systems have to be extensively tested in ground test-beds first to establish reliability," he added.

DRDO chief M Natarajan, on being asked about the "technical problems" of the Agni-III missile by TOI, only said that the "problems were well under control and things were moving well".

Refusing to specify any timeframe for the Agni-III test-firing, Natarajan said DRDO was "working on a number of strategic systems" and "when we test it eventually, you will get to know. The missile is too big to be kept hidden."

There is, however, some good news. The Akash (25-km multi-target air defence missile), Nag (4-km third generation anti-tank missile) and Trishul (9-km surface-to-air quick reaction missile) systems will finally be ready for user trials towards the end of this year. These systems have been dogged by several snags in guidance, propulsion and other technologies.

The Prithvi group of missiles, with 150 to 300 km range, have already been inducted into the armed forces.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1038860.cms

I wonder if the A3 will have MIRV tech

But Agni-III is a totally different system, with an entirely new vehicle
Possible link with Indian PSLV

highsea

Stay on topic, people. Indian missile test, NOT India's economy.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Agni-III missile to be test-fired by year-end

By Our Staff Reporter

HYDERABAD, MARCH 29. The latest and most advanced version of India's long range ballistic missile, Agni-III will be test-fired by this year end, said R.N. Agarwal, Programme Director, Agni, here on Tuesday.

Some milestones establishing indigenous technologies to make the missile more robust and much ahead of existing missiles were to be reached in the next few months, he told presspersons in the presence of B.S. Takhar, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Command.

Mr. Agarwal, also the Director of Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL), a leading missile technology development laboratory here, said Agni-III was designed to hit targets between 3,000 and 3,500 km.

In 2004, India had successfully launched Agni-I and Agni-II, variants of intermediate range ballistic missiles. They had completed development flight tests and would soon be inducted into to the Army.

Project Agni

He said the development programme of Project Agni was on schedule. "Project Agni is a standing example of the synergy between the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the developer and the Indian Army, the user. There are no delays," he emphasised.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/newsrf.php?newsid=2009
I think India wants to cover the whole area around it can any one tell me that how much area will come under this missile's range.I think India can also plans to develop an ICBM.India wants to be equal to China but China have its ICBM's so China is superior.Whole India dosent come under Pakistani's missiles so this will be a situation for thinking for the defence forces of Pakistan.

vrus

Re: Agni-III missile to be test-fired by year-end

kashif dude,
First of all, Indo-China relations are going for the best, since their Premier will visit India in April. Military will be one of the discussions. Second, I regret to say, but China has been known to be superior for always. This is known as their longest range ICBM supposedly has a range of 10,000-13,000 km. Thirdly, I'm not sure if 3,500 km range is an ICBM, but if it isn't then it means that with some improvement and tuning, it will soon be an ICBM. I think reducing the payload cap. can increase the range. As far as I know, Agni-II has a range large enough to reach here, Kuwait, if launched from New Delhi and it has a range of 2,000-2,500 km. So obviously, 3,000-3,500 km can reach much farther.

aaaditya

with respect to china 3500kms is sufficient to hit most major chinese cities.:coffee

XEROX

I wonder what the chances are of A-3 having a MIRV warhead??

redsoulja

kashifshahzad and vrus, GROW UP!!
i agree

A-3 isnt simply capable enought o be upgraded to ICBM capability, the engine and launch capality can only be upgraded to such a point, a whole new missile is needed.

vrus

What is this A-3 thing ? Which country does it belong to ? Does it have any other names ? What is the range and payload cap. ?

vrus

What is this A-3 thing ? Which country does it belong to ? Does it have any other names ? What is the range and payload cap. ? I have never heard of anything called A-3, but then I haven't heard of much either !

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

vrus said:
Hey kashif bub
Get this deep in your head. I AM NOT IN A RACE WITH CHINA!
If you used your intellect, it would be obvious that every nation would want to be the best! Which country would just sit there with one IRBM ? Like duh! they would improve them. But everyone knows that China is way ahead. More ahead than Pakistan and India. No offence. And sadly enough for you, China and India are the world's fastest growing economies in the world! And u keep your eyes open too. There is something the Indian government denies, but certainly exists, called Surya an ICBM. And I was just replying to your question.

So you remain cool too man!
Can you give me any kind of facts and figures for your this so called ICBM.
Lol i think A-3 means your Agni III cant you under stand this thing.Your this little IRBM cant be transformed into an ICBM after making some changes:D .
I also know a Pakistani IRBM named as Tipu it has a range of 4500km oh! the whole India will come under its range :p:

highsea

Well, so far I haven't heard an intelligent comment on the OP yet (except for PJ, who only asked a question. -PJ, the answer is no. No mirvs.). And that goes for the poster.

This thread started with a cheap shot, and went downhill from there.

Shall we lock it, or do you guys want another try?

Last edited:

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

highsea said:
Well, so far I haven't heard an intelligent comment on the OP yet (except for PJ, who only asked a question. -PJ, the answer is no. No mirvs.). And that goes for the poster.

This thread started with a cheap shot, and went downhill from there.

Shall we lock it, or do you guys want another try?
Sorry High sea if you mind some thing in this therad of in the posts.From now on wards there will be never going to say any negetive words against India.

Yeah India is a bit advance in missile tech so it has to be caz it has greater economy great population ....... and i think the range of 3500 km will be a mile stone in the missile development history of India.

vrus

I'm sorry highsea and kashif. I do get a bit excited when it comes to India-Pakistan topics. I thought A-3 was a totally different missile. And about the ICBM I mentioned; It is called Surya and it is supposed to be tested and inducted in 2008-2010. It has a range of about 8,000 km but I don't know its payload capacity. There will be a variant of it which should come up 4 years later, but it depends on the original's induction date. It has a range of about 12,000 km I think, meaning it could reach anywhere upto the other side of the world. I'll try to get some more info. You guys know anything more about this ?

XEROX

If you go by what MissileThreat.com (Realiable ???) report Agni 3 has a range of 5,000 km

And regarding the Surya (sun) program its logical it would fill the forces need for a long range missile group, again missile threat report the Surya-1 ICBM will have a range of 8,000 km and launch weight of 80,000 kg while Surya-2 a range of 14,000 km

were talking about 4 - 5 years before we see Surya being tested i think anyway:)

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

vrus said:
I'm sorry highsea and kashif. I do get a bit excited when it comes to India-Pakistan topics. I thought A-3 was a totally different missile. And about the ICBM I mentioned; It is called Surya and it is supposed to be tested and inducted in 2008-2010. It has a range of about 8,000 km but I don't know its payload capacity. There will be a variant of it which should come up 4 years later, but it depends on the original's induction date. It has a range of about 12,000 km I think, meaning it could reach anywhere upto the other side of the world. I'll try to get some more info. You guys know anything more about this ?
I am very excited to know about the details of this new ICBM.I like to have some details i havent heard about a Pakistani ICBM :coffee

kashifshahzad

Banned Member

PJ-10 BrahMos said:
If you go by what MissileThreat.com (Realiable ???) report Agni 3 has a range of 5,000 km

And regarding the Surya (sun) program its logical it would fill the forces need for a long range missile group, again missile threat report the Surya-1 ICBM will have a range of 8,000 km and launch weight of 80,000 kg while Surya-2 a range of 14,000 km

were talking about 4 - 5 years before we see Surya being tested i think anyway:)
But but this much range is not mensioned in the thread and not in the news too on which bases you can say that Agni III have this much range.
I think there will be a bigger arms race in this region if Brahmos you are correct can you plz provide some evidence in this expect

XEROX

Regarding the possible 5,000 km range of A-3 it is confusing, the Missile Threat website is quoting it to be 5,000 km while GlobalSecurity reports its range to be 3,500 km but another variant of the Agni series of missisles, possibly A-4 to have a range of 5,000 km

Status
Not open for further replies.