China to build aircraft carrier

KAPITAIN

To put it mildly if japan was knocking on my door step with four kongo class DDG's i wouldnt send my navy out to fight they are enlarged versions of the burke DDG's or america.

As for the other Frigates and destroyers and LPD's they are very capible units i have a book about world navys japan must rank some where in the top 10 of the most powerful, and id say it is higher than china on that list.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
KAPITAIN said:
As for the other Frigates and destroyers and LPD's they are very capible units i have a book about world navys japan must rank some where in the top 10 of the most powerful, and id say it is higher than china on that list.
They're regarded as the most powerful of the non nuclear navies - and depending on how you crunch the numbers, 2nd largest in the world.

on absolute capability and modernity they would be in the top 4 or 5.

KAPITAIN

Ive always admired the JMSDF they dont spend much but they get so much more for thier cash.

The take a look at us we spend tonnes and get little in return, something to envy.

Personaly if china sent out 5 DDG's to combat a kongo id say id be doubting highly that any will come back, aegis is very very capible and with VLS systems they can overwhelm a target easily unlike the russian pod launched (not udaloy iii's).

Note: Udaloy III is a new design one has only been built and they are the only udaloys armed with VLS systerms.

tphuang

Super Moderator
KAPITAIN said:
Ive always admired the JMSDF they dont spend much but they get so much more for thier cash.

The take a look at us we spend tonnes and get little in return, something to envy.

Personaly if china sent out 5 DDG's to combat a kongo id say id be doubting highly that any will come back, aegis is very very capible and with VLS systems they can overwhelm a target easily unlike the russian pod launched (not udaloy iii's).

Note: Udaloy III is a new design one has only been built and they are the only udaloys armed with VLS systerms.
I don't know how you managed to get Japanese involved in this thread. It's a joke that they can even call that a defense force. And for the 5 DDGs, it would depend on which 5 DDGs China send over. I personally think 2015 is probably a realistic date to see an "operational carrier" in China with naval fighters on them. And you obviously haven't heard much about the recent development with China and naval fighters. It has talked extensively with the Russians about acquiring Su-27kub. On top of that, a naval fighter project is definitely going on in China. One thing that Crobato suggested a while back was kind of interesting. Maybe you will see China paying the Russians money to train on Kutznetsov. The Russians do need money from somewhere for the construction of their next aircraft carrier.

KAPITAIN

JMSDF is no joke, they are very capible with quality modern warships and submarine's i realy dont want to upset them if i were china not now anyway.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
zoolander, in that case you SHOULD go back and EDIT your replies instead of making another one with more spelling mistakes.

Also, reply to the PMs that I've sent you.

You are set in a prime condition for a ban for few months if any more of our requests and warnings are ignored. Please take good care of your posts and replies before you hit the submit button.

Read the rules here, again:
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php

tphuang

Super Moderator
KAPITAIN said:
JMSDF is no joke, they are very capible with quality modern warships and submarine's i realy dont want to upset them if i were china not now anyway.
please read what I wrote. I'm saying that they are so good that it is a joke that you can call it a defense only force.

KAPITAIN

Ahh sorry i see now, i didnt get that one bit as you can see.

JMSDF is a self defence force but has got enough millatery capibilitys to attack as well sheesh look at thier navy and air force.