Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Game

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
i wonder why the british arent SAS anymore but some fictional 'TASK FORCE141' rubbish now?

also,i see that whilst we now have the lmg version of the sa80(abeit with a fictional drum magazine) the sa80 itself is still missing fron the assault rifle section....shame.:confused:
Its a hypothetical internation join task force. Also americans australians etc in it. Yeah, the L85A2 with their drum mag would be nice. :D

Actually, the L86 is probably the best of the LMGs in the game right now, because the drum (that they made up) allows magazines to be changes as quickly as a rifle magazine, with the capacity of a LMG. Only thing I don't get, how the hell are you supposed to put the thing to your shoulder and aim with a double drum magazine bushing up against you arm?

F-15 Eagle

It's worth noting that the Russian paratroopers and soldiers in this game seem to be using Western equipment. Some cheap camo too. Never seen that kind of camo pattern before for Russia anywhere during the invasion parts. I was a bit surprised that Activision didn't add AK-74s or AN-94s either.

Somehow all the Americans are accurately equipped though. : /

Otherwise, the game totally rocks. Multi-player especially. Love the new M4. It's sexy.
Except they got rid of the M249 SAW. What the hell?:confused: Plus the M240 is not a squad weapon its a platoon support weapon. The AK-74 would have been nice too.

And I'm sure the Russians don't use TAR-21's or Striker shotguns or mini-Uzis but whatever the game is fun nevertheless.

HKSDU

Except they got rid of the M249 SAW. What the hell?:confused: Plus the M240 is not a squad weapon its a platoon support weapon. The AK-74 would have been nice too.

And I'm sure the Russians don't use TAR-21's or Striker shotguns or mini-Uzis but whatever the game is fun nevertheless.
I have seen Spetsnaz photo of them using Uzi long time ago.

F-15 Eagle

I have seen Spetsnaz photo of them using Uzi long time ago.
OK but Tar-21? C'mon they don't use those. AK-47s, AK-74s and RPK-74s is what they use.

RPD is no longer used I believe.

They also have a suppressed 9mm sniper too, which should have been in MW2 also.

jaffo4011

some of the authenticity has gone in mw2 but i do enjoy playing with the new kit.........missing the g3 tho....the fal makes up for it a little however...

umair

Peace Enforcer
I want my G3! The FAL does not cut it for me. Price is still alive & why did infinity ward give Soap that stupid mohawk. Looks more like a 2nd rate thug than a specops guy.

F-15 Eagle

There has been a lot of people hacking the game recently, like being to hack your way to 10th level prestige. IMHO these people who hack need to get a life or get a girl friend and stop ruining people's XBL/PSN experience. Hopefully MS will ban these hackers permanently. After all I do pay $50 for XBL and its unfair to the gamers that do not cheat.

Although the Javelin glitch was pretty damn funny though.:eek:nfloorl:

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
umair, FAL (L1A1 actually) is the best rifle in the game in my opinion even if only semi-auto. It just seems to do a bit more damage.

F-15, What is the Javelin glitch? Have you seen the youtube video of the knife kill over the top of the building?

F-15 Eagle

F-15, What is the Javelin glitch? Have you seen the youtube video of the knife kill over the top of the building?
They patched up the javelin glitch but you use to be able to cook of a semtex and hold RB then press Y to switch to the Javelin and once to die you automatically fire of a javelin and kill everyone around.

Now their is another glitch were people have unlimited ammo (including noob tubes) and even the AC-130s fire on full auto. This glitch is a joke and just ruins the fun for people who just want to play fair.

Here is a vid on the javelin glitch please note this glitch has been fixed so it no longer can be done: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYJHr_0tII8"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

And this is the new glitch that needs fixing bad, the AC-130's 105 mm are full auto in this one as you can see its just ridicules. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jh7JoXzhiU"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

This glitch pisses me off to no end.

jaffo4011

Dose Playstation/Xbox CoD2 have the options to add optics/grenade launchers to weapons?
yep,you start off with iron sights then progress onto red dots/holographic agog etc.you have the option to combine them with grenade launchers(noob tubes as they are known in the trade!) and other trick devices such as the motion tracker from aliens!....as well as the sentry gun(awesome and it makes exactly the same sound as the one in the film)

dragonfire

Played the Campaign - the game engine is so awesome but the story line was better in COD 4 Modern Warfare, also the campaign was over in 6 hrs, unlike COD 4 MW. Also played a couple of Spec Ops missions. Looking fwd to playing Mulitplayer

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Somebody convince me to buy this game. Which version is better, Xbox 360 or PS3? I got both. With 360 I'll need to subscribe to XBL while PS3 is already on global network for free.

F-15 Eagle

Played the Campaign - the game engine is so awesome but the story line was better in COD 4 Modern Warfare, also the campaign was over in 6 hrs, unlike COD 4 MW. Also played a couple of Spec Ops missions. Looking fwd to playing Mulitplayer
Loved the game, so awesome. I can see myself playing this for some time. I'm almost rank 70 can't wait to get the AK-47.

Somebody convince me to buy this game. Which version is better, Xbox 360 or PS3? I got both. With 360 I'll need to subscribe to XBL while PS3 is already on global network for free.
I own this game for the 360 and I have a PS3 as well. Ether version is the same in quality. So if you like COD4 you will love MW2. If you don't want to pay for XBL then get it for PS3 since its free.:D

I only have it for the 360 because I did not get a PS3 until recently.

But it really does not matter if its for the 360 or PS3, their both the same. Its awesome I think you will enjoy the game.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Loved the game, so awesome. I can see myself playing this for some time. I'm almost rank 70 can't wait to get the AK-47.

I own this game for the 360 and I have a PS3 as well. Ether version is the same in quality. So if you like COD4 you will love MW2. If you don't want to pay for XBL then get it for PS3 since its free.:D

I only have it for the 360 because I did not get a PS3 until recently.

But it really does not matter if its for the 360 or PS3, their both the same. Its awesome I think you will enjoy the game.
Is it any good against the bots/computer? I had Battlefield which was only good in multiplayer.

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
Is it any good against the bots/computer? I had Battlefield which was only good in multiplayer.
I enjoyed the campaign. The best change they made to the campaign from CoD4 is the removal of the "bad guy" respawn. So you no longer have 10 guys running out of a dead end alleyway over a minute or two etc.

F-15 Eagle

I enjoyed the campaign. The best change they made to the campaign from CoD4 is the removal of the "bad guy" respawn. So you no longer have 10 guys running out of a dead end alleyway over a minute or two etc.
Yeah which means is almost possible to beat the campaign on the veteran difficulty.

Almost....:rolleyes:

umair

Peace Enforcer
I finished it on veteran last night. If anyone owns Prototype on Ps3 help me. The game freezes on the loading screen when loading the Errand Boy stage.