Would Pakistan assist Syria & Iran if an attack occurs

Would Pakistan make use of itself and assist Syria & Iran if they are attacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
pakistan wont be supporting iran...and if the US attacks pakistan it would be leading to another major war like the world war...because china and india will start involving and it can spread to a greater area...and i think america wouldnt be doin that....america is concentrating on middle east only and ie for oil only....pakistan doesnt have any oil..so they arent bothered about them...what do u all say???

i think u didnt understand what i meant...pakistan and china have defence ties and they have good relationship with each other,china is pakistan's major supplier of weapons after america.in case of war with pakistan ie by USA...china will be supporting pakistan and india will be supporting the US..and it can lead to severe unstability in the region,so america wouldnt be doing a mistake by attacking pakistan...actually the Americans are eying IRAN is only for oil and that is the main reason why they attacked iraq also not because of any WMD...now u check all oil companies in iraq,it belongs to western industrial giants.Pakistan doesnt have any oil resources..so they arent bothered about them.
whats ur opinion guys???
It is apparent that I cannot change your mind about America wanting to steal everyones oil or have world dominance intentions.:(

LancerMc

Well unfortunately there is much that America doesn't understand about other countries around the world, and there is much the world doesn't understand about America.

Did the U.S. go into Iraq for oil? No.

Was an oil an important factor in going into Iraq? Yes

Did "America" decide to go to war? No, Our President, Our Buecracy, & our Congress voted to go to war. Remember the main reason why the public supported the war was the idea the Iraq had a huge WMD program. Was that true, No. It is because the public was lied to about WMD's and among other things.

Did America's leadership screw up? In my opinion yes.

Would the U.S. Government invade Iran for oil? No, because thats not the reason for an invasion. The evidence is mounting that Iran is going to try to build a nuclear weapon.

Why does America not want Iran to build nuclear weapons? It's because Iran has sponsored international terrorism. You don't want a country that supports terrorism to have nuclear weapons.

Why is North Korea ignored? That is because if North Korea ever attacked anyone, China would more then likely invaded and take over the country. Kim Jong Ill wants to stay in power, so he will just rattle his saber everynow and then to get international aid.

Would the U.S. invade Pakistan? No, not under its current government. The issue of China's support isn't that big of a deal, if it was the U.S. wouldn't be selling brand new F-16 Block 52+'s to the PAF.

The problem is with the media today. The world media portray's American's as racist egotistical idiots. I freely admitt, we have people like that in the U.S., but most are good honest people. The U.S. media portray's that almost all Muslims as gun crazy terrorists. Is that true? Absolutely not, nearly all Muslims are good & honest people just like many Americans. Unfortunately as the world works, it is those small bad groups that ruin the perception for others around the world.

The nice thing about this site is that we can talk about issues, and not hear the normal crap that is thrown about each other through the media, and just listen to each others opinions.

Remember you don't have to like what people say on this site, but be opened minded enough to listen, because this American will always have a open mind.

Ibizan Hound

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The US could defeat pakistan with ease as they were ready to right after 9/11. The CIA warned pakistan of being bombed into the stone-age(they already are) if they didn't comply with the US. That beatdown simply has been delayed for a while but it's on the shelf. As long as Pakistan has nukes, they are a potential threat because they are black-market nuke dealers that the U.S. is presently soothing. That is until the backwards nation is alllll alone and the US can play with them like a cat with a ball. Pakistan's nukes mean nothing when the US will B-52 and F-111 you.

The US could defeat pakistan with ease as they were ready to right after 9/11. The CIA warned pakistan of being bombed into the stone-age(they already are) if they didn't comply with the US. That beatdown simply has been delayed for a while but it's on the shelf. As long as Pakistan has nukes, they are a potential threat because they are black-market nuke dealers that the U.S. is presently soothing. That is until the backwards nation is alllll alone and the US can play with them like a cat with a ball. Pakistan's nukes mean nothing when the US will B-52 and F-111 you.
:eek:nfloorl: this post seems to be written by someone from the stone age. lol

Last edited:

VICTORA1

Hi,

US can neutralize syria and can do so to No Korea without any major repurcussions. But iran is a different kind of nut to crack. You see No. Korea is not an issue because because these are the future preaching grounds for the evangelists once the communist are gone, so the koreans won't face an offensive. Syria has nothing to respond with and they would go down meekly----iran can block the straits by taking out the oil tankers. And pakistan-----in their last ditch effort, they will go after the indian computer cities which would wreak havoc with the world economy.

In order for the U S to take out pakistani nukes, they need to pull their money out of india and so does rest of the western world and that is not possible.

By giving american jobs to india to please them-----by taking out Saddam, a natural defence against the iranians, hezbollah and syria ie the shias and crating a shia crescent---the american policies are not the best reflections of intelligent world politics.

icelord

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Pakistan's nukes mean nothing when the US will B-52 and F-111 you.
I know its picky and all, but i thought RAAF were the last users of the F-111:rolleyes:

Hi,
US can neutralize syria and can do so to No Korea without any major repurcussions. But iran is a different kind of nut to crack. You see No. Korea is not an issue because because these are the future preaching grounds for the evangelists once the communist are gone, so the koreans won't face an offensive. Syria has nothing to respond with and they would go down meekly----iran can block the straits by taking out the oil tankers. And pakistan-----in their last ditch effort, they will go after the indian computer cities which would wreak havoc with the world economy.

In order for the U S to take out pakistani nukes, they need to pull their money out of india and so does rest of the western world and that is not possible.

By giving american jobs to india to please them-----by taking out Saddam, a natural defence against the iranians, hezbollah and syria ie the shias and crating a shia crescent---the american policies are not the best reflections of intelligent world politics.
Hi Victoria, ummm what?

The 2nd paragraph makes no sense to me, what the hell does India's economy got to do with Pakistan's nukes, if the world pulls out the the jealous Pakkies won't want to invade...?:confused: Please elaborate that one

This is pure Anti-American foreign policy talk, the people who preah this just met in on the streets on Melbourne recently, they were the ones throwing bins )who were of course dealt with by the Vic Police...politely of course:nono ,) you see them, thats about as smart a respone for being Anti-American Foreign Policy. The US does more for the world then most of Europe, and yet they do damage at the same time, but of course we as humans focus on the bad more then the good.

By the way, glad to see the Evangelists made it into your post, i would blame the Jews myself, they appear to be the only ones you havn't blamed the worlds problems on.(no offence intended to the Jewish Community)

ZAMEERMALIK

if iran or syria attacked

ASALAMOALIKUM TO every one
well 1st i want to clear that syria may be attacked by any one,but iran,s matter is different due to its geo_political postion,usa or isreal will never make such mistake so no question arises here about pakistan,s assistance.

ZAMEERMALIK

if iran or syria attacked

No question arises ,that will pakisatn assist or it will not to syria or iran if they are attecked by us or isreal,because due to the geo political map of iran , both the powers are not ready to make this mistake and even they can not do now,when already Us having trouble evry where it has attacked.

DragonKing786

:eek:nfloorl: this post seems to be written by someone from the stone age. lol

I'm pretty sure it was!

Honestly ur really pathetic :eek:nfloorl: to say that a nation is already in a stone age, pakistan is a developing country just like India and others around the area, and seems to be doing very well, for a country without any oil, etc. If u have no respect for others, be ready not to be respected either. Try to keep this forum clean and neat, u must realize their are intelligent people on defensetalk.com trying to learn about other countries and cultures, and how they function. We all know a threat could have been made or/not. This is one reason why some idiots like u are presidents , iran, etc. No respect for others at all. If u don't change ur discrimination for other nations and talk in a nice tone, I will report u to the proper people of this forum.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
I will report u to the proper people of this forum.
We already know that we have a trouble maker in our midst. We want to allow people to express themselves freely and respond to inaccuracies/ignorances before taking any action against bigotry.

It would really help if Ibizan Hound can substantiate his claims and allegations against Pakistan rather than writing bitter statements...

The rules of the game are here:
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php

Ibizan Hound

Banned Member
[Admin edit: Please show some respect for others so they will respect you as well...]

Read the rules here:
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php

DragonKing said:
I will report u to the proper people of this forum.
Go ahead. Try it. If you are mad just becaue I stated the fact Pakistan is a 3rd World country just get over it. It is.

Last edited by a moderator:

ghanz

no one is denying that Pakistan is a third world country, but to call it a country in a stone age,, you might wana do a little bit of research!!!!!!!! jst a little!!

Rich

[Admin: Enough, substantiate your claim/allegations or shut up.]

But back top the question at hand, what would Pakistan do? To answer that one must ask what "can" they do and what "would" they do? They really dont have the means to intervene conventionally. Sure they can send their small navy against the USN, or attack US bases in Afghanistan with their air force. But "why" would they? Why would they sacrifice their best assets, while burning bridges with their most important arms supplier, to aid Iran or Syria? In that region nations distrust each other far more then they do America. Pakistan is allied with Saudi Arabia who is fearful of both Syria and Iran, especially Iran with their regional ambitions. So again "why" would Pakistan antagonize its cash cow to help Iran?

LancerMc

I think Rich has hammered the last nail in the coffin about the issue of Pakistan doing something to make the U.S. mad.

contedicavour

I'll try to give a different spin to this thread ...

in the most unlikely event that Musharraf lost power and that extremists took control (despite the presence of big democratic parties in mainstream Pakistani politics), how would the Pakistani military react ?

How would neighboring countries react ? How would China, currently a close ally, react to a regime change ?

cheers

Izzy1

Banned Member
An interesting, if not quite disturbing, scenario.

Assuming the regime would be pro-AQ/pro-Taliban in philosophy and aggressive to US foreign policy in the region, we would be looking at a nuclear armed state well positioned to cause further major problems in Afghanistan and no doubt intensify the insurgency in Kashmir.

AQ/Taliban would have an even more secure base of operation from which to operate from and an increased resource base both in material, funding and possibly even intelligence maybe from elements of the ISS.

I do wonder however if the regular Pakistani military establishment would willingly accept such a regime, especially given the officer-corps elements extensive links with western and Chinese militaries - neither of whom would envy the idea of extremists destabilising the sub-contintent.

Ibizan Hound

Banned Member
ZAMEERMALIK and Azhar06, why do ya'll think that Pakistan will assist Iran? Most up here feel that Pakistan will chicken out and help the United States if anyone.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
When I say substantiate, I mean PROVE with FACTS, TRUTH and LOGIC not Op-Ed and personal opinion of known anti-muslim/anti-islamic/anti-pakistani writers and websites.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/substantiating

Hard facts, hard evidence, solid proof... spare us the anti-pakistani websites. Next thing you know we will be bombarded with Anti American sites, anti israeli sites, anti indian sites and there are plenty of that on the internet.

You are confused. Not all religious schools in Pakistan teach terrorism/hatred, etc. and those that did are being dealt with as the link your post is the evidence of such actions taking place.

Your confusion begins with your blind and uncalled for hatred for everything Pakistan/Muslim and that is not right nor healthy.

There is no denying that Pakistan has its problems with extremism and terrorism but those problems go back to 70s and 80s and only Pakistan had to deal with them. If you are going to swim in a dirty water of course you will get some dirt on you as well... no? On the other hand, the ground situation in Pakistan is very different than we You, I or some reporter here in the west thinks. We can never understand or know that part of the world completely.

As far as the topic is concerned, I don't think there will be any support from Pakistan to Iran and/or Syria, none. We may get to see condemnation just to calm the public at home.
Now, IF THERE IS (big if) attack on Iran, Pakistan may even allow its airspace and land to be used for such an attack. But that is only speculation on my part only because of Iranian nuclear program and how Iran's actions led to bad PR problems for Pakistani government and what Iran might have been doing with recently killed tribal leader, Bugti.

sharjeel

looking at favours they done for us, in our time of need...(gave us free munition, energy, planes, missiles, their pilots, engineers, logistics help ie trucks and all sorts in our times of need...

but that was the shah of iran....this is khatami....BIG BIG difrence...how ever we can NEVER discount under the table things...but what IS a fact is that we will support them in UN....also if isreal attacks them....we will support them fully, but if the world gangs up on iran....i think a condemntation would be the only thing heading west...

these ofcourse are my personal opinions and not GOP policy

Status
Not open for further replies.