who can kill a modern Main Battle Tank (MBT)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
i already stated a point in my message. what do u want to hear more...
I dont get your point, so I will go thru this thread and find all of your posts and read thru each and everyone of them... more to follow tankie expert.:cool:

PREDATOR

Banned Member
if u give good weapon to ***t soldier, and he fails, and u conclude that the weapon is bad. then u are wrong...so it depends who operates T72... that was the point..if u dont understand it, then i cant do anything, sorry...

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
if u give good weapon to ***t soldier, and he fails, and u conclude that the weapon is bad. then u are wrong...so it depends who operates T72... that was the point..if u dont understand it, then i cant do anything, sorry...
I think that you are nothing more than a Russian armor fan boy who doesn`t have a full understanding of the total technical gap between both vehicles during that time period, the scheme of maneuver that they went up against matched by projectiles that did not stand a chance of even coming close to penetrating the frontal quadrant of a M1A1 tank. Your lack of respect for any other countries crewmember that operates a T-72 series tank besides Russian is rather amusing. How do you know that the outcome would not be the same if the Russians went up against a Coalition that enaged Iraqi forces during that time frame, Russian units could not even clear out some of those *primative* freedom fighters during the first Chechen conflict, not only did they have smouldering T-72 series but also T-80 and BMP vehicles littering the landscape, so much for that training eh.

So if you think that a well trained crew on a T-72 or T-90 series is a even match to a well trained crew serving on a M1A1/2 series you are wrong, the latest vehicle upgrade mods that the Russians want implemented on the T-90 lays testimate to that fact, and no you will not see your beloved T-95, these latest proposed modifications to T-90 also should lay that Red Herring to rest.

Your turn tankie expert.

PREDATOR

Banned Member
Your turn tankie expert.
first of all, when u discuss something try to respect and be able to talk in a good manner, and not be offensive to the one u talk to. I did not say anything offensive to u. actually its u who is talking like a kid, trying to say something offensive and portray himself like a professional. i do not wish to discuss anything with u, cuz i do not consider u credible at all.

But, for other people who might still be interested about Chechnya war...the war in Chechnya and the use of tanks there, was completely different from the war in Iraq. The use of tanks in that area is much more dangerous, simply u can take a look at the map, especially at the map which shows altitudes and hills, as well as the map of Grozny, density of that area, and environment. The outcome of moving in Abrams tanks there instead of T72 would not be better at all.

also there were a lot of corruption among Russian militaries. Most of the tanks were not in quite a good condition, and the worst - most of them did not have all the active armor explosives fully loaded. All these factors together played negative role in the overall performance of their tank groups. Not taking in account these factors and thinking that it happened just because these tanks are bad is wrong.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
first of all, when u discuss something try to respect and be able to talk in a good manner, and not be offensive to the one u talk to. I did not say anything offensive to u. actually its u who is talking like a kid, trying to say something offensive and portray himself like a professional. i do not wish to discuss anything with u, cuz i do not consider u credible at all.

But, for other people who might still be interested about Chechnya war...the war in Chechnya and the use of tanks there, was completely different from the war in Iraq. The use of tanks in that area is much more dangerous, simply u can take a look at the map, especially at the map which shows altitudes and hills, as well as the map of Grozny, density of that area, and environment. The outcome of moving in Abrams tanks there instead of T72 would not be better at all.

also there were a lot of corruption among Russian militaries. Most of the tanks were not in quite a good condition, and the worst - most of them did not have all the active armor explosives fully loaded. All these factors together played negative role in the overall performance of their tank groups. Not taking in account these factors and thinking that it happened just because these tanks are bad is wrong.

But I find it hard to respect anyone who spits out such things that are not all the facts, you may be misinformed inregards to armor, I think there are enough people here that have more of a understanding on what went array with the Russians during the first Chechen conflict than what you may realize. Again, you have made some assumptions that fighting the Russians while they are using T-72s would have a different outcome fighting those pesky Americans who have become easy prey to the more primative crowd utilizing primative RPG 7s.

And for your information the Russian army is still corrupt and poorly trained, the Russian T-72 cannot come close to a M1A1 series in capabilities, that comment comes from real life experience, that comment comes from evaluating that tank and a few other more advanced designs.

Last edited:

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
So that being the case, what makes you think Russia's armoured forces would fare any better in an engagement with the US?

You're telling everyone to consider the impact that good training has on the outcome but then citing the condition and active armour deficit of the tanks as a defence. You can't have it both ways if you want to compare capability - it's more complex than just the specs of the tank plus the crew's training. Capability includes things like logistics, maintenance and support - all things where, if what you say about corruption and poor conditions is true - the Russian armoured forces could not match the US.

Anyway, sorry all for the off topic post, but I felt a response was warranted.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
So that being the case, what makes you think Russia's armoured forces would fare any better in an engagement with the US?

You're telling everyone to consider the impact that good training has on the outcome but then citing the condition and active armour deficit of the tanks as a defence. You can't have it both ways if you want to compare capability - it's more complex than just the specs of the tank plus the crew's training. Capability includes things like logistics, maintenance and support - all things where, if what you say about corruption and poor conditions is true - the Russian armoured forces could not match the US.

Anyway, sorry all for the off topic post, but I felt a response was warranted.
Thank you,

If you take away you opponents capacity to shoot, move and communicate then they are as good as finished, you can pretty much dictate what happens to them on the battle field, no one does this better than the U.S, thus the reason why countries like China is attempting to adopt our doctrine.

PREDATOR

Banned Member
no one does this better than the U.S, thus the reason why countries like China is attempting to adopt our doctrine.
yes...our stuff is best of the best...and we are the best...and everyone wants to be like we....but they eventually fail....because they are not best...what else? good analysis!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
yes...our stuff is best of the best...and we are the best...and everyone wants to be like we....but they eventually fail....because they are not best...what else? good analysis!
1) China stated clearly after GW1 that they needed to initiate an RMA and that the US was the model to strive for. They are adapting US models across numerous vectors, Thats a fact. Like it or not.

2) Eckherl is a black hat with qualification and experience. as opposed to someone who's statements to date have been technically deficient and demonstrate a capacity to trawl the internet, be selective in their responses, misunderstand concepts and obviously not comprehend that the advice is coming from a number of people with actual AV experience.

Most kids are smart enough to look and learn when they see experienced operators in the room. not you.

You're on holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.