what would be Pakistan Navy role in indo-pak war?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insas556

P.A.F said:
well in my point of view guys pakistan would attack big time.
hey indian guys out there is it true that india never used it's aircraft carriers in the previous war between the two. i heard that it was kept in the bay of bangalore.
It would be nice to wait and think as to what may be big time to Pak may not be that big for the opposite side.

As to Indian carriers sitting in the Bay of Bengal, not exactly , they saw action in the East -pak theatre and played a major role in the bombing of Chittagong.In the West ,Karachi port was visted by the IN and a nice firework display was put up.Maybe this link can be visited for details.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/History/1971War/Banerjee.html

lalith prasad

Banned Member
indian coast guard is no mug it was the first coast guard in 100 years to capture a pirate ship in the open seas(alondra rainbow japanese registration) and has carried out excersises in philipines and vietnam indian navy has displayed its reach from straits of mallaca to mozambique and had provided security cover for the world economic meet in mozambique and another african nation was also involved in operation cactus(liberation of maldives) .coast guard was involveds in the joint patrol of the palk straits with sri lanka during the their conflict with ltte in 2000.there are also plans for acquiring 20 fast patrol boats for the coast guard these shall be partially funded by the government and the rest by reliance industries and iocl.i hope the coast guard selects the russiam mirages which were offered to it during the defexpo2004.(www.navaltechnology.com)mirages have a speed of 50kts rage 1800 miles and is capables of carrying vikhr and igla missiles also coast guard is acquiring floating border outposts for patrolling the rann of kutch.the 10 griffon8000 hovercrafts can also be used for this purpose as well as troop transports.( capacity 120 troops each).russia also offered india the zubr class of aircushion landing craft.dont know much about it.in the event of a war the coast guard automatically comes under navy's charge.

P.A.F

hey insas. when pakistan attack big time you don't know the devistation it will cause dude. let me get this into you head. pakistan is always big to it's opposition. ;)

yasin_khan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lalith prasad u r talking about vikrant ads.
in 1965 indo-pak war it was not used.where was ur vikrant when we bombed your districts in eastern coasts with ours six ships called the six forts.
in 1971 your commenders thought that pns ghazi will destroy vikrant and your vikrant wad hided in nicobar islands.when reports comes that pns ghazi is sinked then you gave the mission to vikrant that bombed down east pakistan. :D:

lalith prasad

Banned Member
realy and please tell me what were pakistan navy and airforce doing when indian missile boats(400tonns) came to pakistani territorial waters and burnt karachi up (3 boats)dont talk of the 60s talk of 70s when we split your country up. your airforce is a capable force.but what is it doing when your naval chief asked for its help one fokker recce flight that saw the boats and yet you didnt do anything.with this kind of attitude(you fight your war and i will fight mine) you cant win a war.if pakistan is improving then india is also improving .if you hadnt underestimated those boats maybe karachi wouldnt have burned.thats is the biggest problem with you guys underestimating your opponents.by the way recently we raised the wreck of your submarine ghazi .there are rumours that your airchief asked nyour admiral to mind his own buisness when karachi was being attacked.he was reportedly angry at being disturbed in his sleep.check the archives of the defencejournal.com you will fing a seried of articles written by a pakistani colonel on the bangladesh war debacle read it carefully it is the official document which was recently declassified. :) three boats raining missiles without enough fuel for a two way trip and burning pakistan's largest city(its commercial capital and its biggest naval port 0 and all you did was hit a religious town which did not have substaintial airdefence or naval cover and didnot do as much damage as we did.and what did you do after karachi bombing hide your ships in your harbour for the rest of the war . one of the indian missile boats had suffered engine problem and was towed back to harbour you navy or airforce could have atleast got that .the remaining two boats did not have enough fuel to make the return trip and had to use the engine oil .insitu modificatrions had to be carried out consuming more time. and where was your navy when we blockaded all pakistani sea lanes of communication during the kargil war sleeping as usual.

insas556

yasin_khan said:
lalith prasad u r talking about vikrant ads.
in 1965 indo-pak war it was not used.where was ur vikrant when we bombed your districts in eastern coasts with ours six ships called the six forts.
in 1971 your commenders thought that pns ghazi will destroy vikrant and your vikrant wad hided in nicobar islands.when reports comes that pns ghazi is sinked then you gave the mission to vikrant that bombed down east pakistan. :D:
Both the Incidents refer to 71. Why would any commander expose its assets unnecessarily, they are to be used EFFECTIVELY, perhaps that the reason why the navy bombed pak so effectively on both sides.I wonder why the grin at the bombing of east pak??????????????

quote="P.A.F"]hey insas. when pakistan attack big time you don't know the devistation it will cause dude. let me get this into you head. pakistan is always big to it's opposition. ;)
[/quote]

Right , 'WHEN', we are still waiting!BY the way is losing half of Pak not devasting?

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Cool it out everyone! Might i remind all fellow pakistanis that Indians are more proud of there navy than anything else. Please dont try to offend them on that, keep the discussion based on facts and logic. :nonsense

adsH

lalith prasad said:
and where was your navy when we blockaded all pakistani sea lanes of communication during the kargil war sleeping as usual.
Abit too much patriotism lalith !! Kargil was a loss for the INdian side, there was no blockade in place its the Indian media that was taunting of such a blockade!! it never occured......

why do you keep going back to ghazi !! its like the only piece of proof of your victory. yes you WON YES YOU WON !! are you Happy are you ohh the big kids must of hurt your feelings.

about Karachi no one forgot that My father was there and i am sure he wasn't amused to see scores of bodies pilling up in the Hospital, he was a junior Doctor at the time but i am sure he had alife time of experience, Pakistanis never FORGET !! and they never underestimate there enemies.
what you claim isn't true PAF was occupied defending east pakistan from your Indian Banded of thugs (INDIAN ARMY) attacking and inciting TERRORISM in East Pakistan and there were INDIAN TERRORISTS INFILTRATORS from India, too who were sponsored and TRAINED in INDIAN TRAINING CAMPS!! (bloody opportunists).
What Goes around comes around..

News flash you never tore Pakistan into half it was a local job, something similar to Kashmir!! please Lalith there are alot of people here that can argue with you till your key burn out on your keyboard, so lets stay away from this conversation. as far i see it this thread is now nothing but a flame pit!! webs would do the honers and lock the thread!!

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Everyone cool it. The topic is on PNs role not INs history. You wanna discuss that make your own thread (but i dont think itll last 24 hours) :cop

Status
Not open for further replies.