Welcome to Military Strategy and Tactics Forum

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
ah a new section, always good to have one.
and webs maybe you should move my U.S army manual here.

zulqarnain

Thanx Webmaster for acknowledging my request and hope this forum would provide the wealth of knowledge to every one of us.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
FOR gf0012-aus & ADMIN[/b]

FOR ADMIN:

Sorry I couldnt post this in any mod's and Webmaster's PM cause I am having problem with this website & I couldnt find better thread to post this on.

After logging in at the home page when ever I click somthing (Mostly the forum) I automaticaly get logged off and when I try to login again I am sent back to the main forum page and once again if I click on some thing I get logged off and hence kept being sent back to main forum page when I again try to log on.
I have tried from an other PC but the problem presists.

Please confirm my complaint and tell me if the problem is from your webiste. (I am using cable net, I know my ftp server operator, I even tried it from his PC, problem still presists but its not happening on any other websites I have been visiting)

Only way to use this forum is through post reply, new topic or thread cause when it askes for logging in and when logged into it, it doesnt take me back to the home page and allows me to write some thing and post it.

Note: Yesterday I wasnt facing this problem it happened today 17/07/2004

FOR GF0012-AUST

Why did you lock the "The fool he was" thread. My intentions were not to insult any Inidan and what you understood of the word "Fool" I wrote in the subjetc was my actual intention. I mean I wanted ppl to see it as "some one who made a foolish decision". Entire thread was going ok untill srirangan came in. He has been saying some anti Pakistan things in different threads I posted e.g: "Are we friends yet". I except that I lost my way but he keeps starting it. You must also remmember that when he came back to this forum after some times he started posting some ant-pakistani and some rubish threads. I am not against Sri but you got to confront him on this. I except that at some times I might have made 1st move but that has been some what scarse.

You also asked for the linl for the story I posted in "The fool he was" ..sorry I couldnt cause of the above problem but thanks salman78 who posted it b4 I could. So its not a lie but a fact.

As far as the name of the thread is concerened, I said it b4 in the post that it wouldnt hurt me if you change the name of the thread. I also suggested a name "What was he thinking" or you can also turn it into "Sikand's badluck" as some salman78 said "Sikand wasnt a fool. His luck ran out". You can change the subject to any other name which suits u and is socialy and deplomaticaly suitable for the forum and its members.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saber, please check your cookie settings in your browser. Which browser are you using btw?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Also, do a clean up of your PC. I was having similar problems with gallery login/ where it would log me out once I come back to the forum page. I tried it from my Laptop and problem disappeared. So, only difference was that my desktop had some spyware/junk software installed which was troubling the IE and hijacking the browser. Laptop does not have any such issues. When I ran spyware cleaners like spybot, ad-aware, hijackthis and then problem went away.

On the other hand, if everyone sincerely RESPECTS other people and their opinion, we would not have such issues. People have this problem of denouncing something which they don't agree with and calling it the end of the story. They don't want to discuss the topic on its merit or for the sake of discussion. I will let GF answer your reply.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Saber (and others) I have re-opened the post after renaming the title topic.

The moderating group have all agreed that in future any "one liners", flippant responses or baits will results in automatic deletion of that response.

Please pay attention to the rules and continue to post.

Thanks for your response (above), no one individual needs to be "blamed" for that particular posts deterioration - but it is to everyones benefit that they remember the basic rules of conduct in this forum before posting.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
WebMaster said:
Saber, please check your cookie settings in your browser. Which browser are you using btw?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Also, do a clean up of your PC. I was having similar problems with gallery login/ where it would log me out once I come back to the forum page. I tried it from my Laptop and problem disappeared. So, only difference was that my desktop had some spyware/junk software installed which was troubling the IE and hijacking the browser. Laptop does not have any such issues. When I ran spyware cleaners like spybot, ad-aware, hijackthis and then problem went away.

On the other hand, if everyone sincerely RESPECTS other people and their opinion, we would not have such issues. People have this problem of denouncing something which they don't agree with and calling it the end of the story. They don't want to discuss the topic on its merit or for the sake of discussion. I will let GF answer your reply.
Ok thanks Webie but you ought to have an open complaint centre thread where we can post our problems. Problem such as mine doesnt allow us to post you PM, so it would be easier if had a seprate thread for complaints and problems. It will also help in many ways like keeping this forum up to date.

BTW I am using Internet explorer (IE) 5 for the time being untill I re-install my winXp which has IE.6 but I have two PCs, the other PC has winXp and has IE.6 but the problem presists on that PC aswell and also on my ISP's PC.
I'll check my cookies and if the problem presists, i'll format the disk and try reinstalling new windows, hope that will solve the problem but if it still presists than problem might be from your server.

& thanks GF.

Admin: No worries Saber. GF

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
so it would be easier if had a seprate thread for complaints and problems. It will also help in many ways like keeping this forum up to date.
Saber,

Thats why we have feedback/guestbook forum:
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=13

And Announcement forum, see my sigs below!

GL with your PC. Formating is always good and gets rid of most of the problems.

Anyone else having same problem? :?

manna

formating :mad ,Man it deletes all the data on your disk, if you have not moved it to some other media , i mean if u have nto copied it ,but you are right it is realy solution to so many problems,
But for saber your earlier suggestion of checking the cookies problem and cleaning up the pc is suitable one , let him restrict to that , just run the disk cleanup wizards and see for yourself that most of the problems will be vaninghing , and if they still persist then run the spyware , etc sofware programmes, if need be, :D: best of luck , :)

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
No worries problem is in my PC. Defencetalk.com server is fine. But I still believe there should be an open complaint centre. It will help not only admin to help members but members to help members as well.

CBS

Webmaster:

Some good information and knowledgeable people here ! It always makes for some good reading & thinking. Thank you & all the guys involved !!

SF..> Chuck