War birds over wanaka.

militaryman3121

a couple of days ago an event took place called war birds over wanaka in new zealand, some of you guys would of went?

these are just some of the aircraft that where there.
Polikarpov I-16
Polikarpov I-153
Hawker Hurricane
Sopworth Triplane
de Havilland Vampire
Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk
globemaster c17

this event inclued the austrilan airforce display and the new zealand air force display, there was a globemaster there :)

eliaslar

That was a static display or did they do an airshow? That would be very interesting to see all those historical aircrafts together but the most interesting woud be a photo with all those aircrafts around the giant called C-17! I bet they could fit inside the C-17!
Hawker Hurricane is one of my favorite aircrafts of all times.

militaryman3121

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah its was briliant, it was more like an airshow of ex military, i will post the link to the website when i get 15 posts :)

Ozzy Blizzard

We didnt send any fast jets!?! What a jib! Should have at least been a PiG. Did the C17 do a STOL/flying display or was it static?

militaryman3121

We didnt send any fast jets!?! What a jib! Should have at least been a PiG. Did the C17 do a STOL/flying display or was it static?
well yeah the c17 did do a display, and no you didnt send any "fast' jets but even so there was alot of historic planes.

kiwifighter300

The RAAF did sent a F-111. and the C-17 wasn't present on Saturday due to the weather

cheers

Add the www

stuff.co.nz/4449631a11.html

more photos

nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10499927

militaryman3121

Yeah, it was briliant i am going next time aswell, man it would be awsome if the us airforce did a display...
the website www . warbirdsoverwanaka .co .nz

militaryman3121

Warbrids over Wanaka

This is the globemaster that was there.

More pictures at www. warbirdsoverwanaka .co.nz