Vietnam build its own warship

HKP

HANOI, Vietnam -- State media say Vietnam has launched its first domestically made warship equipped with artillery and missile systems.

Online newspaper VnExpress says the ship took a military-run company two years to build. It was delivered to the navy on Monday.

It did not describe the ship's size, but said it has modern artillery and missile systems and an operation range of 2,500 nautical miles (2,880 miles; 4,600 kilometers).

It quoted Rear Admiral Pham Ngoc Minh as saying the ship will be used to patrol the country's territorial waters.

Tensions have risen recently between Vietnam and China over territorial disputes in the South China Sea.

Most of Vietnam's military hardware is from Russia or the former Soviet Union.

Read more here: Vietnam launches first locally made warship - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento BeeView attachment 5183

ManilaBoy

Banned Member
HANOI, Vietnam -- State media say Vietnam has launched its first domestically made warship equipped with artillery and missile systems.

Online newspaper VnExpress says the ship took a military-run company two years to build. It was delivered to the navy on Monday.

It did not describe the ship's size, but said it has modern artillery and missile systems and an operation range of 2,500 nautical miles (2,880 miles; 4,600 kilometers).

It quoted Rear Admiral Pham Ngoc Minh as saying the ship will be used to patrol the country's territorial waters.

Tensions have risen recently between Vietnam and China over territorial disputes in the South China Sea.

Most of Vietnam's military hardware is from Russia or the former Soviet Union.

Read more here: Vietnam launches first locally made warship - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento BeeView attachment 5183
I Envy Vietnam's military and it's ship building industry for such an accomplishment in constructing a locally built missile warship, this will make the nation more self sufficient in the future and less reliant from the Russians on the procurement of naval vessels ...

Belesari

I Envy Vietnam's military and it's ship building industry for such an accomplishment in constructing a locally built missile warship, this will make the nation more self sufficient in the future and less reliant from the Russians on the procurement of naval vessels ...
Its not a missile warship. Its a patrol boat i believe. Atleast if this

TT-400TP gunboat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is what they are talking about which i believe it is.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APtsHbz_bxM&feature=related"]TT400TP - warship made in Vietnam - YouTube[/nomedia]

Belesari

Yap thats the one in you tube. At least, its a good start for Vietnam in the naval shipping industry. Next maybe a frigate in the future.
Yea its just what they need to start with. Better to build up to frigates and destroyers from a little patrol boat. Less to screw up more vessels to gain skill on cheaper etc.

Plus i think atleast for many smaller nations that dont do much long range patroling this is a good start maybe a larger FAC with some ASM will come along from them soon.

eldef

Vietnam made some progress on their military strength, not only the navy but the army and air force also. Some how I become envy why my country's military progress is not like vietname, their spirit and nationality is still high. Yes, this progress is in order to dealing with spratly issues, they move quickly though... not like our bunch of idiot in the parliament .
Civis Pacem Para Bellum