US soldier killing iraqi and cheering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Winter said:
Soldier said:
What I am wondering is, that why didn't CNN showed the clip on Televisions in US? Obviously someone leaked it on to the website.
What do you mean?

Since the clippage shows it to be shot by CNN, why did they not show full version on Headline news or CNN?

Winter

Soldier said:
Since the clippage shows it to be shot by CNN, why did they not show full version on Headline news or CNN?
Because the original CNN footage appears to have been tampered with by the website. Read the first thread posts.

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
CNN or for that matter, everyone knows how patriotic american media is
Interesting to say the least, the running joke in America is that CNN stands for the Communist News Network. American media is so liberal that your statement is completley rediculous. Secondly, unlike many other countries the American government does not censor nor control the news media. Freedom of speach is a pretty big thing here.

Neutralize does not mean killing cold-blooded on the back. Perhaps that is American way of describing neutralizing. Upon that Cheers, another american symbol of love'em all or kick'em all. I guess US Forces could take some training from British soldiers present in Iraq, who at least tried to win hearts of Iraqi's by trying to mix up with them.

Also for americans. Every mis-adventure in blindness of technological superiority gives birth to people who are ready to blow back. Guess this is why Americans are afraid to travel to Asia or Europe since Iraq war. For them world is canada, mexico & US......right?
Not anit-American? Pullease! If this was as simple as it appears the US news media would be all over this story like white on rice. And the US has court martialled more than 1 soldier for human rights violations in Iraq that are petty compared to what's shown here. Take if for what it is, propaganda plain and simple.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Gremlin29 said:
CNN or for that matter, everyone knows how patriotic american media is
Interesting to say the least, the running joke in America is that CNN stands for the Communist News Network. American media is so liberal that your statement is completley rediculous. Secondly, unlike many other countries the American government does not censor nor control the news media. Freedom of speach is a pretty big thing here.

Neutralize does not mean killing cold-blooded on the back. Perhaps that is American way of describing neutralizing. Upon that Cheers, another american symbol of love'em all or kick'em all. I guess US Forces could take some training from British soldiers present in Iraq, who at least tried to win hearts of Iraqi's by trying to mix up with them.

Also for americans. Every mis-adventure in blindness of technological superiority gives birth to people who are ready to blow back. Guess this is why Americans are afraid to travel to Asia or Europe since Iraq war. For them world is canada, mexico & US......right?
Not anit-American? Pullease! If this was as simple as it appears the US news media would be all over this story like white on rice. And the US has court martialled more than 1 soldier for human rights violations in Iraq that are petty compared to what's shown here. Take if for what it is, propaganda plain and simple.
I'd have to agree with Gremlin on this. The US has an unrestricted press, thats why anybody can post anything without Federal repercussions. The only pursuit is then through litigation. So if you are misrepresented you can pursure under litigation.

As for the clip, it is so cropped iy makes a proper reasoned analysis impossible, and in any court of law would be disallowed due to it's in anability to show either side of the displayed footage.

Australian military courts are incredibly quick to pull any soldier before the military of they engage in conduct unbecoming - even when the complainant is not "Australian"

In my view I would suppress any comment judgement without seeing far more concrete and supporting evidence. If this has occurred as displayed, the US media would be jumping all over it as within CNN there is certainly no love for Rumsfeld and co... it would be like giving CNN a free shot at the president.

The fact that the "majors" did not run with it is an indicator. If the media was suppressed they would be yelling and screaming about denial of freedom of speech etc...

Winter

I can't believe we're debating this footage. It's a tampered video on a biased website removed out of context from it's origin. End of story. :roll

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
I have another video of 3 Iraqis being shot by an Apache using it's FLIR. It's really disturbing since the Iraqis were unarmed at the time and were shot just because they threw something "suspicous" in the fields. :( :(

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I've seen the Apache footage as well. If you notice the man on the left, after the first man is clearly killed he appears to be attempting to remove something from a cover, and it doesn't look like a white flag either. Wether it's all out war or fighting insurgents it's not pretty business. I hate seeing these abbreviated clips of actions because they evoke emotions that are out of context with what's really happening.

While the world is quick to point a finger at trigger happy Americans there seems to be absolutely no outrage for the bombings that are occuring in portions of Iraq on an almost daily basis. Just yesterday American soldiers were ambushed with a car bomb, killing 3 Americans and 2 Iraqi's. It seems to be the weapon du jeur over there. That being the case I find it remarkable that American soldiers aren't shooting everything in site.

I don't know how many members here have served in the military (I know a couple of Anzacs have mentioned it here) much less been in combat. It's easy to sit safely behind a computer screen passing judgement on these individuals, being the guy behind the trigger is a completely different matter.

umair

Peace Enforcer
As I said QUIT FLOGGING THE DEAD HORSE for heaven's sake! :roll
Guy's I have to agree with Gremlin we don't know what goes on in the mind of the man behind the trigger.We can pass judgements that we like (that's free speech) but we cannot simulate what went on inside the gunner's mind at that time and it is he who shall have to live and deal with the consequences of his actions.
All of this is too confusing guys.Gremlin try not to loose u'r cool(I sense that u were about to on some posts) cause as u said u'r self many of us have'nt served in the armed forces so we cannot know the thought process of these guys.And to both parties"TRY LOOKIN AT THE PICTURE FROM THE OTHER SIDE'S PERSPECTIVE AS WELL"
PEACE!

Status
Not open for further replies.