US encourages Europe to help bolster Pak defence, security

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Londo Molari said:
All BS... such articles are written every few months... over and over again... its the same every time... They say "sorry, but Congress rejected it" as if Congress is some third country that is interfering with U.S. policy...
Londo, but the US system has Congress as the "sanity checker". In australia it's the Senate. If the senate is populated by factions with vested interests, then the Govt of the day is stopped from pushing through it's policy of choice. I'm not sure of the Canadian system, but as we share a westminster heritage, then I assume that they have similar probs (or safeguards, depending onwhether your policy gets hijacked ;)).

Congress (if dominated by the opposition, or dominated by vested interests) can change the outcome, quite easily and quite quickly - unless the govt agrees to bill modifications etc...

In this case, I do question the news article as there are errors within it, and that tends to indicate the papers interpretation of the issue, and not a reflection of the facts.

mysterious

Here in Canada I think its the House of Commons system like the UK. I'm not too sure though cuz I'm still new to Canada. :smokingc:

VICTORA1

Guys,
The relationship with the U S in not built on sincerety but is built upon the need to do basis. The only sincere relation that U S may have would be with Great Britain and then Australia maybe. Other than that there are strategic alliances with the U S, which sees its ups and downs with the passage of time.

Now, how long can you keep the strategic relation going----not for too long. Americans like a change of face, so get what you can for as long as you can till the sanctions hit you and when the sanctions are taken off, then don't hold any grudge against the U S, get on the band wagon like nothing ever happened and start all over again with renewed gusto and get as much as you can.

Soldier

Londo Molari said:
All BS... such articles are written every few months... over and over again... its the same every time... They say "sorry, but Congress rejected it" as if Congress is some third country that is interfering with U.S. policy...
Isn't India a third world country which has a ruling congress Party which is always ready to interferen in any defence dealing between US and Pakistan.. :D: :D: :D: ?

adsH

MATERIEL DEVELOPMENT OF FINLAND'S DEFENCE IN 2001-2008

The focus of materiel development in the Defence Forces is on the Army.

The focal point in developing the Army is to improve the firepower and mobility of the three recently established readiness brigades by procuring new infantry fighting vehicles, armoured personnel carriers, armoured self-propelled mortars and anti-tank missiles.

The intelligence and command and control systems of the readiness brigades will be improved by replacing the field radio equipment and by procuring more night-vision equipment. Cover will be improved by upgrading ground-to-air defence systems and by procuring protective gear for troops.

The performance of the forces in Helsinki metropolitan area will be improved by providing them with special equipment necessary in the fulfilment of their tasks.

The focal point in the materiel development of the Navy is on renewing the most important vessels and on improving the mobility of coastal defence units.

The intelligence, surveillance and command and control systems of the Navy will be integrated into other corresponding systems in the Defence Forces by the end of the decade. The upgrading of underwater surveillance will be continued in focal areas.

The major project in developing the striking power of maritime defence is Squadron 2000. The fleet consists of four missile boats.

The Defence Forces will begin procurement of equipment and weapons systems for the mobile coastal defence units, which replace fixed coastal defence.

http://www.defmin.fi/index.phtml/page_id/66/topmenu_id/5/menu_id/66/this_topmenu/65/lang/3/fs/12
ther is alot that i could find about finish Expertise that would be relevant to PAK Procurement, but i think Pak might be after Information systems and their Command and control systems, and surveillance technology. Joint R&D programs are possible.
GF feel free to add to my list of stuff the Fins are capable of doing. [/quote]

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
adsH said:
GF feel free to add to my list of stuff the Fins are capable of doing.
The Finns have a very good reputation for small arms modifications, and have a solid reputation for modifyong old soviet gear (before they moved to larger capital expedniture western platforms. Their modifications of T-72's are supposed to be unique - tatra might have more on their armoured mods.

ashoaib

US always encourage others but never take courage by himself to help Pakistan. Its double standard policy. When ever Pakistan try to buy Good ACs US try to make hurdles. What is that? I cant understand

The Watcher

Its called hypocrisy, ashoaib. The zionists in US senate and congress dare not do that Israeli lobby does not want them to do. And of course Israeli lobby (blackmailers and manipulators) would not want stronger pakistan against India.

ashoaib

Yes you are right Americans are Slaves of Jews and Isreal. They dont have their own will and thinking. They do what Jews and Isreal want.