us clears patriot (pac3) sale to india

Status
Not open for further replies.

srirangan

Banned Member
Cold War era paronia hangover. This is the reason why some (older) Americans/Indians are still full of mistrust.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Well, if that’s the case then there is every reason for US to have their doubts. Indians should be upset but not on US for doubting them but on their government for having pro communist policy for over 45 years.

This is going somewhere else, so lets get back on the topic.

ashblackhawk

Banned Member
WebMaster said:
Why would US want an unstable India? What purpose does it serve in long term?
I think you made a right point. I think it took lot of thinking among american policy makers to decide on pac-3 sale to india. Its more about a political handshake. I believe its a very symbolic gesture made by american government to look beyond 5-10 years and think about long term interests. I think policy makers in india will take some wise decision on it rather than questioning all the american move in S-E asia. Its wise if people of india dont relate Indo-US relationship with US-Pak relationship.
Its time to look beyond and ahead.

:coffee
regards
blackhawk

srirangan

Banned Member
WebMaster said:
Well, if that’s the case then there is every reason for US to have their doubts. Indians should be upset but not on US for doubting them but on their government for having pro communist policy for over 45 years.
Hmm few pointers..

1) I said some Indians and some Americans still hang on to the cold war era, not all. So you can't make the generalization that you just have.

2) India was pro-Soviet from '71 till end of '80's. That doesn't make it 45 years. And that doesn't make it pro Communism, it just makes it pro-Soviet.

3) India and the US were pretty close throughout the 50's and 60's.

Now let's get back to topic. :coffee

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
srirangan said:
Hmm few pointers..

1) I said some Indians and some Americans still hang on to the cold war era, not all. So you can't make the generalization that you just have.

2) India was pro-Soviet from '71 till end of '80's. That doesn't make it 45 years. And that doesn't make it pro Communism, it just makes it pro-Soviet.

3) India and the US were pretty close throughout the 50's and 60's.

Now let's get back to topic. :coffee
Read what I wrote carefully.

Indians should be upset but not on US for doubting them but on their government for having pro communist policy

It's a known fact that Indian government had pro communist policy. That's not a generalization but a known fact. Now, whether indian government includes all indians, or most indians or some indians is not my problem nor do I determine that. Since it was policy of the government, and no body did anything to change that or to bring another government that had anti-communist policy- it's safe to say that most indians (majority rule?) were in favor of such policy. Simple logic/common sense.

Pro soviet or pro communism, it's same bullshit. If it was any different President Regan wouldn't have called it the Evil Empire in the 80s.

ajay_ijn

keshto patel said:
Talking abt sanction, the last time I remember was couple of helicopters and some harrier jump jets which were lying as junk due to USA not supplying spares.
Same scenario applies here. Learn from past mistakes or experience man.
USA is out to destablise indians, its their goal.
India govt never claimed they are ready to buy any major weapon system from US.
keshto patel said:
USA is out to destablise indians, its their goal
No way
but she is the superpower so she will tend to dominate others
They thought that india did something wrong so they imposed sanctions.

keshto patel said:
Raytheon is out 2 loot poor indians by billions, should indians go ahead for these billion plus metal junk which would be of no use for India on following grounds.
Nobody is trying to force or loot the indian govt.
If military thinks that a weapon is not effective then they will never buy that.
keshto patel said:
which would be of no use for India on following grounds.
Can u tell me why PAC-3 is of no use.
It gives huge psycological as well as strategic advantage and more over India has no first use policy of nukes,so it needs to protect itself to launch the counter offensive.
PAC-3 performed well in iraq 2003,though PAC-1 was not that good.

keshto patel said:
I did not say nothing about other military hardware being procured.
Pls stay focused on PAC-3 which does not give a gaurantee that there would be no mushroom cloud despite billions ( will be ) spent.
More, its soming from a country which has a bad reputation on sanction regime. What happens if the product is inoperable due to lack of spares? sanctions are applied automatically by congress on one or the other pretexts against india and other countries.
To not squander our money is also a part of national security.
Give me the guarantee that in the next second a Nuke won't explode on ur head?
U cannot give full guarantee on any weapon system performance.
ok agreed PAC-3 cannot give guarantee,then
which SAM/ABM System can give full guarantee of performance?
Ans:There is no SAM,not even arrow,S-300/400,NMD,SBL etc.

keshto patel said:
US outspend russians and made them broke, its India's time now. Unless they act smart, they would give away their billions for nothing.
Rubbish,buying every weapon system will be justified by the military.
Much more money is spend on fighter planes though no body gives guarantee of 100% performance.
keshto patel said:
China is different, its strong country which shows the middle finger to USA anytime it wants to. It is the only country which has threatened nuke strikes on Los angles ( year-95 ), yet US did nothing.

India is fractured from within, and they are timid, because they dont have VETO.
Hahahahahahahahahaha
LOL
I think u haven seen just one side of US,the post cold war side.
The another side (much fearful),just check out their WMD force during peak of cold war times.
I am sure the present chinese force will look like ants before US force at that time.
China doesn't even spend 10% of US Military and their complete military has copied,reverse engineered weapons.
forget about whole WMD force,just USN can turn china into ashes.
It is the only country which has threatened nuke strikes on Los angles ( year-95 ), yet US did nothing
There is only one country which even made US felt that she is threatened and that is Soviet Union.
That is reason cold war rages for nearly 40 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.