Turkish Long Range Air and Missile Defence System Program

balamir

merhaba ben yeni katildim da bu siteye siz Turkiye nin savunma sanayi hakkinda sanirim bilgi sahibisiniz. Allah askina Turkiye nin kendi urettigi ve kullandigi bir teknolojik savunma sistemi var mi. biraz bilgilendirirmisiniz. tesekkurler.
Short translation: Is there any Turkish defence systems designed and used by Turks?
Short answer: yes. look at SSM website. I can't post the link since I don't have 15 posts. Basically it will be www-ssm-gov-tr (replace - with .) They have several catalogs there.

yorker_79

thanks. i appericiate it. i didn't know english is the only international language i should be using here.anyway i ll be checking the web site.

Viper7

isnt pakistan also offering turkey a cruise missile technology to turkey
Firstly, this topic isn't about Turkey aquiring Cruise Missiles, rather its about them going for a new Air Defence System like the Russian S-300 or the American PAC-3.

Secondly, & off topic, Pakistan and Turkey are holding a joint development of Cruise Missiles for the Turkish Armed Forces. In which, Pakistan has offered to share its know how on cruise missile technology. It is one of quite a few joint military projects that Pakistan and Turkey are working on.

metro

-I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but thought it may be interesting to some here:

Monday, November 12, 2007

Israel may sell Arrow and Ofek to Turkey
[Link at bottom]

Israel and Turkey are holding high-level talks on a possible sale of the
Arrow ballistic missile defense system and a model of the Ofek spy satellite
to Turkey, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

Turkish officials said senior Israeli defense delegations had recently met
with their counterparts in Ankara for talks on the sale of the systems, two
of Israel's most advanced military platforms. Defense Minister Ehud Barak is
scheduled to visit Ankara in January to continue the negotiations.

On Sunday, President Shimon Peres arrived in Ankara under heavy security for
a three-day visit, at the invitation of Turkish President Abdullah Gul.
Peres
received an honorary doctorate from Bilkent University in Ankara.

"Turkey is an important player in the Middle East in relation to Syria, the
United States and the Palestinians, as well as us," Peres told reporters en
route to Ankara.

Peres, Gul and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas are scheduled
to meet at the Ankara Forum on Tuesday and are expected to announce the
establishment of an industrial zone in the West Bank. Peres said Sunday that
"150,000 jobs are far more important [for promoting peace] than 15,000
rifles."
To strengthen Abbas, Peres said, Israel needed to improve the quality of
life in the Palestinian territories. He expressed optimism that Palestinian
and Israeli negotiating teams would agree on a joint document to be
submitted to the Middle East conference in Annapolis, Maryland, later this
month.

Peres's talks with the Turkish leadership will focus on the possibility of
renewing Israeli negotiations with Syria, the Iranian threat and the growing
rift between Turkey and the US over a nonbinding resolution to formally
recognize the Armenian genocide of 1915.

The sale of the Arrow and the Ofek is not expected to come up during Peres's
conversations here, since the issue is being dealt with on a defense
industry level. Both systems are manufactured by Israel Aerospace
Industries.

Turkey and Israel have held talks over a sale of the Arrow for several
years, and the deal is pending approval from the United States, which
finances more than 30 percent of the defense system's production. In April,
Arieh Herzog, head of the Homa Missile Defense Agency, told the Post he
favored selling the Arrow to Israel's allies, including Turkey.

Israeli defense officials said Turkey was interested in acquiring a missile
defense system in the face of Iran's race toward nuclear power. The sale of
an Ofek satellite (Israel launched the Ofek 7 in June) would dramatically
increase Turkish intelligence-gathering capabilities, since today Turkey
does not have its own spy satellites.

"The purchase of these two systems would skip Turkey years forward in
operational capabilities," an Israeli defense official said.

www.jpost.com
/servlet/Satellite?cid=1192380787827&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Rossiman

Banned Member
i would think Arrow-2 would be a potential candidate. The only hold up would be if the US would allow it to compete against PAC-3.
Yea, the Arrow-2 is actually a very great system. I am not sure if it is as good as the Patriot Pac-3, but i know it can hold up with the S-300.

Rossiman

Banned Member
The S-400 and S-300 system would be a excellent buy for Turkey. Throw in some Tunguska M1's and you are set.

They should equip a few battalions with Tunguska M1s and purchase the S-400 for strategical places. The S-300 for mobile air-protection.

turk1971

Firstly, this topic isn't about Turkey aquiring Cruise Missiles, rather its about them going for a new Air Defence System like the Russian S-300 or the American PAC-3.

Secondly, & off topic, Pakistan and Turkey are holding a joint development of Cruise Missiles for the Turkish Armed Forces. In which, Pakistan has offered to share its know how on cruise missile technology. It is one of quite a few joint military projects that Pakistan and Turkey are working on.
when ı was in the turkish millitary, ı was assigned to protect a certain cargo with my team and we took this cargo to and old used up coal mine and this certain cargo came from azerbaycan (1993) then through iran into turkey the cargo was in led blocks (sound scarey) after a few days time a team of pakistan scientist came along with turkish scientist studying the cargo with instruments checking for radiation leaks yes we do have nukes of our own just for the record...

Falstaff

when ı was in the turkish millitary, ı was assigned to protect a certain cargo with my team and we took this cargo to and old used up coal mine and this certain cargo came from azerbaycan (1993) then through iran into turkey the cargo was in led blocks (sound scarey) after a few days time a team of pakistan scientist came along with turkish scientist studying the cargo with instruments checking for radiation leaks yes we do have nukes of our own just for the record...
What the... Don't make up silly stories. This is really annoying.

turk1971

What the... Don't make up silly stories. This is really annoying.
believe it or not my friend ı don't write crap it's the truth enriched uranıum class 239 it was the **** scientist told me and ı was afraid if ı was going to get radiation sickness if there was a leak but there was not any...

no bullshit believe it or not ....

Falstaff

believe it or not my friend ı don't write crap it's the truth enriched uranıum class 239 it was the **** scientist told me and ı was afraid if ı was going to get radiation sickness if there was a leak but there was not any...

no bullshit believe it or not ....
Yeah right. Assuming this was a secret operation (as nobody else thinks Turkey has nukes on its own) you were close enough to your special cargo so you could see what scientists were doing and to even talk to them?
Ok then. Either you're a traitor or a liar and utter wacko.

Falstaff

Just so you know, I just mailed your post and nick to the Turkish embassy. It should be easy to "contact" you.

In case you tell the truth you just revealed a covert operation for which you probably were told to shut up about.
If you're just a troll, well, have fun.

dragonfire

Whoa... :D

In case Falastaff is not pretending- then this was an exciting hour -:D

And boy oh boy is someone in trouble eh..

:eek:nfloorl:

turk1971

Yeah right. Assuming this was a secret operation (as nobody else thinks Turkey has nukes on its own) you were close enough to your special cargo so you could see what scientists were doing and to even talk to them?
Ok then. Either you're a traitor or a liar and utter wacko.
no my friend some times you have to let the wider community know that you have what you have and don't forget this is a message not to you but to the other big brother readers u r nothing and ever heard of possible deniability
some times goverments can't announce these types of info so it uses back channels call me wacko thats fine the message is through to the right people that's what matters....

turk1971

Just so you know, I just mailed your post and nick to the Turkish embassy. It should be easy to "contact" you.

In case you tell the truth you just revealed a covert operation for which you probably were told to shut up about.
If you're just a troll, well, have fun.
yes ı am a troll or maybe ı don't have a name maybe ı am dead say for nearly 10 years

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
I knew it.
Defencetalk is so important that the Turkish government uses it to give some subtile hints to the world about their secret nuclear weapons capabilities.

Ahem...no...