Translator needs help on some ballistic matters

Bogeyman

Hi,

as a German freelance translator I am currently working on technical manuals for the Leopard 2A6.

I am currently having two problems with technical terms I don't know how they could translate into English:

1. When firing at a target while your own tank is moving, the Leopard 2 takes parameters like own vehicle speed (calculating travelled distance), angle to target and lasered distance in order to compensate for the parallax motion. The German official term for this function is called “Rücksteuerung”.
I came up with “Compensation of own movement”, however, I don’t know if this is a known term used by the troops.

2. The other term is called “Verschleppung”. It means that when the tank is moving and you are firing (in the extreme case) to the 9 or 3 o’clock direction, the projectile gets a certain azimuth component to its trajectory due to the fact that between the moment the round is fired off until the projectile leaves the muzzle, the tank has travelled a certain distance.
The Leopard 2 fire control computer also compensates for that effect.
Anyone got an idea how this ballistic effect is called in English?

According to the German original text from KMW, the items mentioned in “1” and “2” are two different functions.

Thank you in advance for helpful replies.

Rgds Chris