Three Strikes - you're out!

Control flamers and those who do not follow DT rules by "three strikes, you're out" rule?

• I have other Ideas (reply to this thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes! It's badly needed!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I think it best that you two just ignore each other, this is turning into a tit for tat response.

No more biting at each others responses.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sri, I don't know where you going with this but it needs to stop. DT isn't anti indian and we need to stop acting like it is. We have international defence related agenda and thats it.

Anyway, I think we have enough votes to go ahead with this rule.

Here are some tips to avoid coming under fire:

First offense, you will get some type of warning.

second offense, you will be banned for 8 days (maybe longer for some situations).

third offense, you are banned permanently.

-When you don't like something, send one of the moderators or my self a PM and explain what it is that you don't like about particular reply/topic. So it can be corrected.

-Avoid useless bickering and ass rubbing that can lead to further problems. (see an example above between Mysterious and Srirangan).

-Be serious and to the point. Reply to the topic being discussed.

-Make sure you know what is anti-country. Anti-country is not something you disagree with but something you believe is a lie and you reply to such topics in good manner with proper facts and sources to back your self.

-This is a forum/discussion board. People will post stuff that you don't like or disagree with. That doesn't mean you accuse the mods of being unfair. Learn to handle different opinion and viewpoints.

-keep it fair and clean with MUTUAL respect in mind. Meaning, if you don't respect the other person, 100% chances are you are not going to get any respect in return.

Last but not least, read the rules:

http://defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php

If mod team or someone else wants to add to this list, you are welcomed to do so.

Enjoy!

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
srirangan said:
SABRE,
I agree with you in sentiment. Nationality should never be considered . But all of a sudden a bias comes in when dealing with thorny issues as is done here, and no human can not want to defend his/her country. Hence atleast while geopolitics is being discussed, let their be a vast array of multiple nationalities to neutral out each other.
glad u agree with me sri.
But the idea u r giving will only bring mods against mods. A Pakistan mod will end up supporting Pakistani members & Indian Mods wil end up supporting Indian Members & the only one neutral will be GF.
It is better to leave nationality out of the administration. All those who can & desrve to be mods should be considered. Let nationality be a random in selection which depends on ability.

---------------------------------

Webs;
I like the idea but lets remove permanent ban. Replace it with short term ban & long term ban. Short term=8day, Long term=30 to 31 days.
Only those should be banned permanently who delibritly break the laws & rules of the forum.

srirangan

Banned Member
SABRE said:
glad u agree with me sri.
But the idea u r giving will only bring mods against mods. A Pakistan mod will end up supporting Pakistani members & Indian Mods wil end up supporting Indian Members & the only one neutral will be GF.
Good point, but let me explain in detail what I propose and the ambiguities will be cleared. Let's say we have mods from 5 different countries A, B, C, D and E. And we have posters from country A and country B flaming.

In such a case the mod's who belong to countries A and B, might have a bias towards one party in the ongoing flame fest, so these mods sit out and the mods from the other nationalities handle the issue. A similar arrangment is done is test match cricket, wherein the umpires belong to neutral countries .. lol

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
I think webs u ought to convert ur policy of "NO PAKISTAN v/s INDIA" or "INDIA v/s PAKISTAN" into one of Forum's rules.
This is no Indo Pak play ground, let it be an internation, professional website & forum. Lets not make mess of it.

Sri I tell u, u wont find any other neutral website such as this. U ll either find pro-Indian site or pro-Pakistani site. U should be glad tht even Pakistani mods follow the rule & curb any topic that can triger a mass conflict on this website.

If u find some one talkin against India, I believe it is ur right to either protest or counter him, similarly every Pakistani holds the same right.

Lets all be grown ups n put this enimosity behind us. Discuss topics as they come. Why bring in out side discussions. This is going to be hard as one thing leads to another but we have 2 do it. One another topic comes up lets open another thread. Why make mess of it. If we r talkin abt RAW u should also talk abt RAW, y bring in ISI. If u wana counter the topic with ISI open up another thread for it. While mods make sure that no mass conflict accours

Even better wouldbe that no Pakistan or Indian Mod should be allowed to moderate the India, Pakistan threads. They must be treated as members. Only Nuetral mods such as gf should be allowed to moderate India/Pakistan threads. This way u ll get neutrality.

srirangan

Banned Member
SABRE said:
Even better wouldbe that no Pakistan or Indian Mod should be allowed to moderate the India, Pakistan threads. They must be treated as members. Only Nuetral mods such as gf should be allowed to moderate India/Pakistan threads. This way u ll get neutrality.
Exactly my point!

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Well than webs, the above point is some thing a Pakistan & an Indian both agree upon. What u say ?

mysterious

I didnt say I agree!! If you want Mods from all nationalities, why leave out Pakistanis and Indians? Just because they're a little emotional doesn't mean you are allowed to discriminate against 'em. :smokingc: And please, dont give me crap that Pakistani moderators on this forum are biased cuz I certainly haven't seen anything of the sort. If you have, please point it out instead of making irrelevant rants over here. :p

suleman

Webs clarified everything now there should be no doubt in anyone's mind.As far as moderating team is concerned leave it for the webs and mod team and concentrate on other issues in the forum.

It is freedom of speech that you are consistantly speaking against mods and blameing them and we all are listening with patience but there is limit for everything. If you have some problem with a mod then provide evidence and show where he violated the rules of this forum otherwise STOP all this :cry .
Its not an easy thing to tolerate a thing against your country and things get worse when this thing is propaganda but mods face this everyday and even 4 pakistani mods daily moderate anti pakistan thread(both normal and propaganda) but they acept it with open heart and it certainly requires a big heart.A normal member can speak and even fight but mods cant and they have to allow a healthy enviroment for discussion. Why dont anyone see mods of DEFENCE TALK from this angle? No but glass is half emty rather then half full.

Where did any mod pressed any party discussing India & Pakistan issues violating the rules of this forum? Now next time anyone speak against mods then provide evidence to back their point.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
mysterious said:
I didnt say I agree!! If you want Mods from all nationalities, why leave out Pakistanis and Indians? Just because they're a little emotional doesn't mean you are allowed to discriminate against 'em. :smokingc: And please, dont give me crap that Pakistani moderators on this forum are biased cuz I certainly haven't seen anything of the sort. If you have, please point it out instead of making irrelevant rants over here. :p
I was takin abt me n sri. PAkistani = Me, Indian = Sri.
No one is decremenating against them. All I wrote was tht if they get emotional than they should be treated as just members on that thread, other wise thay may take side n miss use their power.

But Sri, Myst is also right. I havent seen any mod being biest. They try to be as neutral as possible.

Why dnt we let the forum run as it is..

mysterious

Thats what I was pointing out pal. I haven't seen any of the Mods being caught up in emotion ever and haven't seen any biased reaction from any of 'em. So I dont thing we need any wierd changes. :smokingc:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Suleman, thats my take also. I did not see any proof/evidence from the accusers that some of us were bias. One thread appears which someone didn't like or agree with and all of the sudden politicised the whole issue.

We will run this site according rules that we have in place and if you have problem following those rules that is not administrations fault. There are plenty of pro-nation and anti-nation websites out there that will allow you to vent your hate and anger against certain countries. You are most welcomed to go up there and carry out the propaganda war and use these forums for civilized, mature defence related discussions.

None of the crying and bitching will be tolerated anymore. If there is thread/post that you don't like or agree with - confront it with whatever resources you have proving it wrong not accuse this forum's moderators of being biased because some member posted a thread. We don't tell people what to post, as long as its within DT rules, its good to go wheather you like it or not. If you want to criticise something do it on principle basis with facts and proper sources to back your self up not accusations and allegations which mean nothing and does not support your side of the argument if your reply has nothing but allegations and accusations.

I guess, all it takes is some courage, tolerance and understanding of all of the issues and sentiments involved in order to confront something you disagree with. And those who are playing the "victim/bias" card certainly lack such courage, tolerance and understanding to confront opposing opinions (this issue has come up few times before - where opinion of posters were blamed on mod team!!!).

End of the story, thanks for your ideas - they will be considered.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.