The upgrade armor for Humvee to Iraq

scudracer

Interesting, but wouldn't it be heavier, thus consume more fuel and have reduced performance? I believe they shouldn't think of Humvees as mini armoured cars. It's a jeep successor and should be used as such. If they need an armoured car use a real one.

Just my 2 cents.

marxist_command

Interesting, but wouldn't it be heavier, thus consume more fuel and have reduced performance? I believe they shouldn't think of Humvees as mini armoured cars. It's a jeep successor and should be used as such. If they need an armoured car use a real one.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree it looks heavier and thicker. maybe they need something to protect them from LAWs?
;)

Big-E

Banned Member
To bad it doesn't do anything against IEDs... that's the real killer. At least it will stop bullets. I hope their not upgrading ALL Hummers... seems like a waste for those out of the Sunni Triangle.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Why not building or buying real armored and IED protected vehicles like the Dingo?
It is not like the US Army could not use some of their billions of dollars for it instead of using them for some high tech toys.
That is something I never understood. Why does Armys (and I have the feeling that the US do this more than others) forget the normal GI on his patrol because they do not spend some millions in good equipment while on the other hand spending billions of dollars for the newest gadgets?