Feanor cited, there was no link to read. Deyhere was talking about western media, vikingatespam added a link about an estimate of casualties; estimates are "tricky" and the link mentions BBC so, UK so, western bias, not only human bias.
We keep selling that Russia is running out of tanks, Russia is running out of men, Russian economy is about to crash. Meanwhile, we sell that Ukraine is doing just great.
I think that I would strongly argue any "Russia is doing great", but no one is making that point. I am not skeptical of the quality of CSIS, RAND and RUSI, but their bias is, sometimes, far too evident.
The headline of a Spanish newspaper this morning:
"Rusia redobla sus ataques indiscriminados en Ucrania en respuesta a la escalada armamentística europea"
Russia intensifies its indiscriminate attacks as a response to Europe's arms race. Is Russia area bombing Ukraine? I tend to disagree with every "no context needed" and "we can form our own opinions", I posted "there is no worse blind man than the one who doesn't want to see"; I strongly agree with your "uncharitable reading".