the REAL way to make a silent kill

Status
Not open for further replies.

riksavage

Banned Member
I was fortunate enough to attend a briefing by a medical practitioner from the US who had looked in detail at the best way to neutralize a threat for the benefit of SWAT Team personnel having to deal with individuals high on drugs, specifically PCP. As part of the study he looked at ammunition types, shooting methods and areas of the body, which when hit would result in immediate shutdown of the nervous system. His report greatly influenced our range practices and subsequent design of targets to ensure muscle memory responses focused the individual on hitting the right areas. Basically in simple terms he encouraged one to focus on hitting the upper spinal column thus severing the brains ability to control any form of response - voluntary or involuntary.

A very useful reference is the manual written by Fairburn and Sykes as a direct result of their time in Shanghai (British Police detechment) in the 1930's, they studied at length the killing techniques of the Tongs / Triads and came up with a defensive / offensive system which greatly influenced the design of the Commando dagger and subsequent Commando 'killing' techniques adopted in WWII by the SOE and OSS.

StingrayOZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most subsonics won't work in semiautomatics or full automatics as generally it won't power the action (depending on lots of factors).

The loudest noise from supressed weapons will be the bullet hitting and the action of the rifle. Pistols are still going to be louder than rifles.

Aiming for soft areas will decrease the noise of the bullet impacting. The action of the rifle is pretty quiet anyway. But I think there could be further improvement. Perhaps silenced millenium gun, for snipers. Allows burst (2 or 3) of silence sub sonic, with no action noise.

The .177 is pretty light esp with subsonics. Body armour would be in the form of strapping TV guides to yourself.

Silencers were very popular with farmers for vermin control (particularly in NZ). Rabbits could easily be picked off, as they just sat there while the others all "went to sleep". GF story is a very familiar one, which is why a lot of states didn't want to ban silencers.

Going through the back of the skull with a knife sounds noisy, atleast egg drop noisey. I think the spine would be a better place provided you could locate your knife easily between the two vertibrae. I suppose it would work the same shooting.

dragonfire

On topic, crossbows as I understand have been used by conventional and Special Forces since the inception of the rifle, how silent are they as a killing method?
Indian Naval special forces called MARCOS initialy used Cynaide tipped cross bows for silent kills, however they have now been replaced by silencer on their side arms and other techiniques....

KV123

killing

:nutkickwhen you want to silently kill someone just sneak up to them hold their mouth and stab the throat then stab the heart:nutkick

Status
Not open for further replies.