The hybrid rocket

bearnard19

Do you have any information about so- called hybrid rockets? The only think I know about them, is that this type of rocket is uncrewed and guided and used for test in under microgravity conditions. I wanna know why it is exactly hybrid and are there some crewed rockets like that?

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Do you have any information about so- called hybrid rockets? The only think I know about them, is that this type of rocket is uncrewed and guided and used for test in under microgravity conditions. I wanna know why it is exactly hybrid and are there some crewed rockets like that?
Try Mr Google because that's exactly what we would be doing to obtain the answers to the questions that you pose. If no one has posted anything about them then feel free to do some research and post your results. That way your contribution will be adding to the knowledge base here, which is always welcome. Just remember to include links to your sources and Wikipedia isn't a reliable source.

bearnard19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only information I found- is the term of the hybrid rocket I found has been given as it combines solid Hydroxyl Terminated Polybutadiene fuel and 90% Hydrogen Peroxide (H202) liquid oxidiser. The helium pressure is used to feed system.

Last edited:

Sandhi Yudha

After entering "hybrid propulsion rockets" in a search-engine website, i got these links in less than 0,5 second.

Like Ngatimozart already said, this is actually something you also could do, on the other hand ive learn today something about hybrid rocket propulsion...

bearnard19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After entering "hybrid propulsion rockets" in a search-engine website, i got these links in less than 0,5 second.

Like Ngatimozart already said, this is actually something you also could do, on the other hand ive learn today something about hybrid rocket propulsion...
I can tell you the exact names of existing spacecraft or their prototype. It is made small but promising company Space technologies | Skyrora and the name of this rocket is Sky Hy. It`s a two-stage hybrid suborbital unguided launch vehicle and as I have already mentioned it`s called hybrid as it combines solid Hydroxyl Terminated Polybutadiene fuel and Hydrogen Peroxide liquid oxidiser.