Suggestion.

USAF32093

Webmaster,
I have a suggestion that may make this forum better. I recently posted a question about the M-4. I asked if anyone has any info on it. Someone told me I should use a search engine instead of asking on the forum:( . Isn't a forum about asking questions and what not. Anyway, this is just a suggestion. Thank you for your time.
Chris Moore/USAF32093.

highsea

Chris, if you wish to discuss the M-4, that's great, but there are a couple things you need to do before opening up a new thread.

First, do a search for existing threads on the topic. There are several threads on assault rifles that have a lot of information on the M-4, along with comparisons with other assault rifles in the same class. Take a little time to read up on what has already been discussed. Chances are, the information you are looking for has already been posted. If not, you can post your questions in the existing thread.

Second, you are expected to read the descriptions of each forum, and post in the appropriate place. Infantry weapons are discussed under Land Forces, not Defence Tech. If you open a thread in the wrong forum, it may locked or deleted without warning.

When you do open a new thread, you need to give a opening to the discussion. So please take the time to acquaint yourself with the basics of the topic before you post, and then give us some idea of what you are trying to learn, or where you want to go with the discussion.

When you say "tell me about the M-4", you are likely to get a response like "it's a gun". Crappy questions invite crappy answers.

If you have any more questions, go ahead and PM myself or Webs, or one of the other Mods, and we will try to answer them for you.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Chris,

Let me welcome you to Dt once again. I totally understand your concern and I think you have a valid point. But, as highsea said, you should always search the forums because chances are the topic has been discussed before. Since, such threads/topics tend to go into multiple pages and I understand you need a lot of time to go through them to find the information you are looking for. In which case, it would be understandable that new thread be open on particular subject such as M-4s.

When asking questions, the least you could do is provide some information for the reader so they have some type of motivation to reply back to you. If it's a dry question or dry post (dry- one line, no info, no telling what you know about the subject, etc) then chances are it is not going to be so popular.

I also understand that forum is a place to learn and ask questions and I encourage everyone to ask questions which in turn would stimulate discussions. Having said that, try to search in search engines, after all they are the driving force on the Internet. And if you find something interesting, please don't hasitate to shrae with the rest of the community as you may end up answering someone else's question and that is just great.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know through PM.

Thanks,

Enjoy!

USAF32093

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys,
I now understand what you are trying to tell me. I really appreaciate your answer as it will help me while I'm on this forum. I apologize if this thread sounded harsh.
Thanks again,
Chris Moore/USAF32093